The Board

12 minutes ago, blu35_army said:

for me,,the best transfer in this period is Conte himself. let see what he can do to make this team more and more better than last season....

Yeah him and Simeone are what Mourinho used to be over a decade ago. 

Now Mourinho even though not bad still a shadow of that former self. 

I guess the only thing to realize here is that personality of such intense style can wear down the person over the years. 

It's like coaches have a life span that of players.....

5 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Disagree, a lot. Aside from Kante I don't really see these excellent buys, considering without Champions League football Man Utd recruited Pogba, Zlatan, Bailly and Mkhitaryan. Think we left it far too late to address our LB & CB crisis, though they could turn to be excellent signings let's not be under any illusion they were plan z. Left it to the final 3 weeks of an already busy transfer window chasing the likes of Koulibaly, Romagnoli only to go back to PSG for Luiz. Not knocking Luiz, but it's more than evident he was a last resort lmao. 

They salvaged deadline day by going for targets that weren't going to be a massive loss for the club in Alonso and Luiz, though I'll give them credit for capturing both at a fee below £40m which seems to be the average.

IMO, they should've had this wrapped up weeks ago rather than 2 games into the season with little-to-no time to adapt.

I agree we should have got the defensive reinforcements in a lot sooner, so that they have some pre-season too. But at least we got it finally, I would have been annoyed if we didn't get anyone especially as we loaned out our defenders and have only 4 senior defensive players in the team (We were basically 2 injuries away from a disaster) But looking at the positives, Luiz is better than many of the other centerbacks we were linked with, and can also step into midfield easily if need be.(especially in a 4-2-4 formation beside kante where we need mobile CMs to play the formation. He's more mobile than all our midfielders bar kante) We're hoping Conte can reduce some of his mistakes as he did for Bonucci. Also if Marcos Alonso turns out to be a hit after so many players experimented in the leftback spot I'll be very happy. 

7 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

side from Kante I don't really see these excellent buys, considering without Champions League football Man Utd recruited Pogba, Zlatan, Bailly and Mkhitaryan.

We are NOT utd. We are nowhere near as big as united are. 

Sorry, but it's ridiculous to even compare.

I think its a job well done considering how crazy the market is. Kante has to be the signing of the window by a mile! 

January is only 4 months away, personally I would still like to add an additional striker, perhaps by Jan Morata will be sick of the Madrid bench! Hopefully Christensen has a great season and develops more which will solve our CB issues for next season. 

I think its a job well done considering how crazy the market is. Kante has to be the signing of the window by a mile! 

January is only 4 months away, personally I would still like to add an additional striker, perhaps by Jan Morata will be sick of the Madrid bench! Hopefully Christensen has a great season and develops more which will solve our CB issues for next season. 

Very good window. We haven't overspent tbh and have brought in quality in areas we needed strengthening. Kante and Michy are great acquisitions, especially the former, and can only see them both getting better. Alonso I honestly know zero about so we will see, but if he turns out to be very good player for us then that's an added bonus. Luiz we know all about, so be interesting to see Conte can do with him. We've spent the same amount on 4 players as Utd have on 2  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is what I was trying to say earlier. Overpay for TOP QUALITY players or buy clowns like Luiz who will not improve team at all. And now we play with Luiz, Ivanovic and Cahill which is a disgrace. They are Stoke quality players at their best. Fuck this board and Abramovich. The owner keeps his trust in Emenalo and his stupid board so he deserves a lot of blame. What are we gonna do next? Probably sack Conte in a few months time and here wo go again. Appoint Hiddink. Take someone next season and stay with same team ago which finished 10 last season and will finish no higher than 6th this term.

Absolutely shameful from the board. Conte is getting absolutely pelted on here (and for some decisions rightly so) but come on FFS, the board have done precious little to rejuvenated an already failing squad and in particular defence. FUCKING SHAME ON THEM.