Nemanja Matic

.Cee

last, but not least, my man of the match.

We have a pivot player that bloody gave two assists today. I repeat, our #6 is there tackling like no tomorrow, but also giving two assists!

This man is the best guy - after Hazard - we signed in the last few years.

Our pivot with him alone is one of the best. If we find him a partner as good as him or at least someone that doesn't leave him alone, we'll be certified rapists :P

Still can't believe we got him back so easy and so cheap. Already top player for his position, and I can only expect better from him. Big praise for the board, all this year deals looks great.

Absolute steal! £20M!? Amazing. Compared to what Man U got for Fellaini £28M and he's nowhere near Matics level. Salah too, hopefully Zouma lives up to expectations as well. Great time to be a Chelsea fan!

It's was so easy for us to sign him back and... so cheap ! We've heard that teams should have to trigger his release clause (something around 40M euros) to get him so why was it so easy for us?

Do you think we could have placed a buy-back clause, even if no one has mentioned it ?

It's was so easy for us to sign him back and... so cheap ! We've heard that teams should have to trigger his release clause (something around 40M euros) to get him so why was it so easy for us?

Do you think we could have placed a buy-back clause, even if no one has mentioned it ?

IIRC, Benfica were having financial problems and needed the money. So, they couldn't really play hardball with us like say Porto used to do! Besides, Matic wanted to return to us anyway. And no, don't think we have placed any buy-back clauses or things like that. Don't think we'll be silly and leave us at a disadvantage with clauses like that.

Two assists from a midfield destroyer? Maybe his all-round competence is better than we (certainly I) give him credit for. He definitely plays better with Luiz next to him though. He doesn't have to be so defensively responsible, because unlike Ramires or Lampard, Luiz has the intelligence and the speed to recover from a forward run.

Two assists from a midfield destroyer? Maybe his all-round competence is better than we (certainly I) give him credit for. He definitely plays better with Luiz next to him though. He doesn't have to be so defensively responsible, because unlike Ramires or Lampard, Luiz has the intelligence and the speed to recover from a forward run.

That assist to Salah was terrific!

The way Matic talk about his Benfica days and under Jesus i have a hard time believing he would have been anywhere near the player he is right now. He had to change position and learn a lot to be the player right now.

While a player like Sturridge for example just needed the opportunity, i don't think it mattered in his case. He would probably be banging the same amount goal at Chelsea as he is at Liverpool.

Seriously it must be a joy to be a midfielder and play along side Matic, we really need a find a good midfielder in the summer to play alongside him.