Willian

Jase

I agree with a lot being said, but some of the criticism I feel is exaggerated. I think his main flaw at the moment is that he's too safe in possession, whether that's manager instructions, lack of confidence..I don't know. The only time he got 1 on 1 in today's friendly he absolutely roasted the fullback and delivered a great cross. His problem is that he's not in the position to do that more often, as he's around the midfield in deeper positions drifting about - which is the complete opposite to Schurrle.

Still think he had a good first season, but like the whole team faded in the closing month(s). If he carries on and adds some goals to his game he'll definitely be worth the £25m we paid IMO.

I agree with a lot being said, but some of the criticism I feel is exaggerated. I think his main flaw at the moment is that he's too safe in possession, whether that's manager instructions, lack of confidence..I don't know. The only time he got 1 on 1 in today's friendly he absolutely roasted the fullback and delivered a great cross. His problem is that he's not in the position to do that more often, as he's around the midfield in deeper positions drifting about - which is the complete opposite to Schurrle.

Still think he had a good first season, but like the whole team faded in the closing month(s). If he carries on and adds some goals to his game he'll definitely be worth the £25m we paid IMO.

Would you rather have (a fit) Walcott who adds goals and assists but isn't much of a 'footballer' or Willian, who is a 'footballer' but doesn't add much when it comes to goals and assists?

Would you rather have (a fit) Walcott who adds goals and assists but isn't much of a 'footballer' or Willian, who is a 'footballer' but doesn't add much when it comes to goals and assists?

I'd prefer to have both depending on the situation and opposition. We've seen that they both can be very effective in different moments..

Can't believe he didn't play at the WC. Even as a striker which he is not he should have played in stead of that non-player Fred. And he is much better than Hulk of course.

Player I like, should be able to do better this season. Good competition on the wings.

The guy has four lungs ....... But i just wish he could really pick a pass...

lol, what do you mean pick a pass? He's one of the best passers we have. He fails with the end product, but he holds the ball greatly and he rarely is dispossessed, either passing or holding it.

******************************************************************************************************

I criticized him in the match thread, I criticized his shallow thinking earlier this week, but the amount of knee-jerk reactions, childish stuff that not even my four-year old students show on class when they're jealous of each other (and just to be clear, this comment has nothing to do with you, Tom) are laughable. All of sudden he's a terrible player - most of that over 45 minutes in his first pre-season game, after training less than a week. Instead of provocative, annoying and smart it looks just childish - really, really childish. The comparisons made here are also very much laughable.

Looks like he's the new scapegoat.

Think it's more a case of people looking at performances and identifying problem areas.

But if he is the scapegoat, why has he been chosen over someone like Matic or Hazard?

People like to use the word scapegoat as if players are unfairly targetted. It was used for Kalou (who was sold) and Mikel (who has been replaced). Why is it never used for our top players?

Football is a game of Efficiency and productivity. Players like Thomas Muller win you titles while players like Willian win you spoons and sum total of fuck all.

Last time I checked William played 45 fucking minutes in a stupid friendly match of 45 minutes, in pre-season.

lol

Some people here should wait until the beginning of the real thing before starting to bash players they never liked because of many reasons.

I've been in this forum since 2010, and to be honest I've never seen anything THAT embarrassing. This place reached a new low, unfortunately.

Some people here NEED to criticize, it's in their nature.