Willian

Jase

Last time I checked William played 45 fucking minutes in a stupid friendly match of 45 minutes, in pre-season.

lol

Some people here should wait until the beginning of the real thing before starting to bash players they never liked because of many reasons.

I've been in this forum since 2010, and to be honest I've never seen anything THAT embarrassing. This place reached a new low, unfortunately.

If you actually read the posts you'd notice most of the criticism is based either on his performances for us last season or even the type of output he has had over the course of his career and what type of player he actually is.

But yeah, hysterical rant away. You'll get a couple of likes for it.

If you actually read the posts you'd notice most of the criticism is based either on his performances for us last season or even the type of output he has had over the course of his career and what type of player he actually is.

But yeah, hysterical rant away. You'll get a couple of likes for it.

You really know one thing or two about writing posts to get "likes", don't you?

For people who say he doesn't contribute offensively, what about his perfomance against Norwich away, Crystal Palace home, Liverpool Home, Southampton Away, MU home, City Away, Stoke home, Atletico Home, PSG Home and Away,...

For people who say he doesn't contribute offensively, what about his perfomance against Norwich away, Crystal Palace home, Liverpool Home, Southampton Away, MU home, City Away, Stoke home, Atletico Home, PSG Home and Away,...

No one said anything about his quality and hard working performance but its always his problem has low creativity and track the ball back alot , a winger should always go forward specialy for counter attack...but he was good for 1st start in pre season however shurrle and oscare was super in their 1st start too

Last time I checked William played 45 fucking minutes in a stupid friendly match of 45 minutes, in pre-season.

lol

Some people here should wait until the beginning of the real thing before starting to bash players they never liked because of many reasons.

I've been in this forum since 2010, and to be honest I've never seen anything THAT embarrassing. This place reached a new low, unfortunately.

Lol. You're so biased it's crazy.

The slating of him is way OTT like wow. This just came out of no where. He might of not done a lot stats wise but I think people underrate his contribution to the team. People are just looking at the transfer fee and judging that he is a flop. I was impressed with him last season despite the stats. I think we will see more goals and assists this season. To compare him to SWP is laughable. Willian has came of his first season which I thought he done well. If anyone is using his stats as a way to say he was poor, I completely disagree. In many games where we won, he was a contributing factor.

Anyway people using stats to prove their point won't change my view on him because I know what he is capable of and that he contributes a lot for the team offensively and defensively. He just needs the stats to show. Also as with people saying Willian is no upgrade on Moses, like seriously :doh:

I hope this season he adds more goals to silence some of these fickle opinions of him. As people say Mourinho is the best manager we have had and arguably the best manager in the world and I am sure he has the final word on Willian and he knows how much he rates Willian. I am sure it is more than a lot of people on here :carlo:

he can improve a lot his end product, but yeah, he isn't as bad as been made out to be last page. The comparison to Ramires and Wright-Philips were embarrassing, in all honesty.

Very. Almost as embarrassing as those who were branding Schurrle as the new Salomon Kalou - the same Schurrle who is now being extolled to such great heights. The way players go in and out of fashion on this forum is something else.

The slating of him is way OTT like wow. This just came out of no where. He might of not done a lot stats wise but I think people underrate his contribution to the team. People are just looking at the transfer fee and judging that he is a flop. I was impressed with him last season despite the stats. I think we will see more goals and assists this season. To compare him to SWP is laughable. Willian has came of his first season which I thought he done well. If anyone is using his stats as a way to say he was poor, I completely disagree. In many games where we won, he was a contributing factor.

Anyway people using stats to prove their point won't change my view on him because I know what he is capable of and that he contributes a lot for the team offensively and defensively. He just needs the stats to show. Also as with people saying Willian is no upgrade on Moses, like seriously :doh:

I hope this season he adds more goals to silence some of these fickle opinions of him. As people say Mourinho is the best manager we have had and arguably the best manager in the world and I am sure he has the final word on Willian and he knows how much he rates Willian. I am sure it is more than a lot of people on here :carlo:

Actually nearly everyone was - even the ones being so critical of him now. Go read this very same thread at the end of the season. Many rating him lower only than Hazard among our AMs which depending on how we set up the team and given some of his performances in all big matches he took part and in other matches as well, was actually fair. I don't know why he's now one of our most incomprehensible signings. His lack of end product is frustrating, but mainly because he's way too talent to have suck little output, but tactically this man is IMMENSE. When you talk about him as a whole, overall, a lot else has to be taken into consideration and people here used to do that until a month ago. Now he's crappy, trash, same level as Ramires. He's still a very useful player that will set up the stage for others to shine, that will work his ass off for the manager and his teammates and who's tactically committed and nearly flawless. He could be a player of another league if he had better end product, but he's still a very good and useful player either way.

I like Willian. He's much better than Moses lol. I don't think he's netter than Scurrle though. My ideal 3 AM's would be Schurrle-Willian-Hazard. His numbers aren't eye popping, he isn't a £30m player, and he lacks an end product. But he is very direct, takes guys on, good dribbler, passer and is just overall very good technically and has his moments of beautiful finishing (Norwich last year?), not to mention he puts in a ridiculous amount of work and that could help keep the Matic-Cesc pivot. He doesn't deserve criticism. He may not be a £30m player, but he is very good.

Also, some questioning if he would start on any other "elite" team? So? He's on OUR team, I could give a fuck if he's good enough for Dortmund, Barca, Real or PSG. He's good enough for us.

Now Oscar.:ph34r: lol I'm kidding. Chill people.

I like Willian. He's much better than Moses lol. I don't think he's netter than Scurrle though. My ideal 3 AM's would be Schurrle-Willian-Hazard. His numbers aren't eye popping, he isn't a £30m player, and he lacks an end product. But he is very direct, takes guys on, good dribbler, passer and is just overall very good technically and has his moments of beautiful finishing (Norwich last year?), not to mention he puts in a ridiculous amount of work and that could help keep the Matic-Cesc pivot. He doesn't deserve criticism. He may not be a £30m player, but he is very good.

Also, some questioning if he would start on any other "elite" team? So? He's on OUR team, I could give a fuck if he's good enough for Dortmund, Barca, Real or PSG. He's good enough for us.

Now Oscar. :ph34r: lol I'm kidding. Chill people.

I actually think Oscar is better than Willian and that Schurrle is in better form than both.

But those comparisons are harmless, as they're all CFC players and whoever is in better form or fits the tactical plan better for certain matches will play. So we're good, it's good to have three players so different, but also with great qualities to them. Comparing our AMs will always sound okay for me because at the end of the day they're all here and Mourinho knows who's best for each moment and situation.

From my criticism of oscar and Luiz (former) by now everyone already knows that I can't tolerate players who do not excel or atleast perform their primary task with decent level of proficiency. Therefore, I wan't my defenders to be rock solid defensively, my attacking midfielders to be creative and aggressive etc. I don't have time for players who suck at their primary task/role.

I actually think Oscar is better than Willian and that Schurrle is in better form than both.

But those comparisons are harmless, as they're all CFC players and whoever is in better form or fits the tactical plan better for certain matches will play. So we're good, it's good to have three players so different, but also with great qualities to them. Comparing our AMs will always sound okay for me because at the end of the day they're all here and Mourinho knows who's best for each moment and situation.

Harmless comparisons are good for debate; Schurrle or Willian, Willian or Oscar, Schurrle or Oscar. But the criticism Willian is getting is undeserved, he's a good player who will start quite a bit and we will need him if we want to win anything this year. Just like we will need Oscar and Schurrle. Different games require different players. I like Willian and he is valuable to us. So the criticism should stop. IMO.

Very. Almost as embarrassing as those who were branding Schurrle as the new Salomon Kalou - the same Schurrle who is now being extolled to such great heights. The way players go in and out of fashion on this forum is something else.

Lol, I very much remember this one. Schurrle was the new Kalou and now he's like a god on here. I love Schurrle but that was very funny.

Football is a game of Efficiency and productivity. Players like Thomas Muller win you titles while players like Willian win you spoons and sum total of fuck all.

I take strong objection to the implication that Muller isn't much of a 'footballer'. He reads the game better than anyone I've seen.

I take strong objection to the implication that Muller isn't much of a 'footballer'. He reads the game better than anyone I've seen.

There is no implication of that. :blink:

Willian is a very pretty player. He dribbles nicely, he passes nicely, but there's very little incisiveness to his play which is why I compared him to Mikel earlier.

Muller is a devastating player. He finds chinks in defences and attacks them mercilessly. That doesn't mean he isn't a 'footballer'.

My comparison of him to SWP was based on his transfer fee - he's another AM/winger that we've overpaid for and who we'd probably have to sell for quite a loss (I'm guessing to a Turkish team now, since Ukraine has gone to shit).

His stats aren't just a problem over the last year, but over the course of his career. He's never scored that many goals so the chances of him doing so at 26 are low. As for his defensive contribution, it's good in the context of a wide midfielder.

I also think he's deceptively slow over anything more than 5 yards. I don't think I've ever seen him outpace a player, but he does have quick feet and a fast running style which means he can usually beat the first man.

But it's hard to separate the fee from the man.