Willian

Jase

Why are people all of a sudden favouring him over Oscar?? I'm confused...

Because Oscar has been ordinary for 6 months.

Amazing that we spend £50 million on Brazilian attacking midfielders when they're at their lowest quality for about 30 years.

Willian was pretty average for all of last season. At least Oscar started the season well and then tailed off after the new year. But at least we know what his capable of. He scored 13 goals to Willian's 3. Willian on the other hand is a very harmless player, for lack of a better term. He holds on to the ball a lot but never does anything meaningful with it in the final third. His passing range is nice and he runs around a bit but that's about it. I expect a lot of improvement next season.

Because some people are watching pre-season and based on that Oscar is still lacking quite a bit of form. That doesn't mean we dismiss him, it will probably take a couple of games for him to reclaim his position again.

Willian was pretty average for all of last season. At least Oscar started the season well and then tailed off after the new year. But at least we know what his capable of. He scored 13 goals to Willian's 3. Willian on the other hand is a very harmless player, for lack of a better term. He holds on to the ball a lot but never does anything meaningful with it in the final third. His passing range is nice and he runs around a bit but that's about it. I expect a lot of improvement next season.

He has been! Oscar is still a better player imo. Yes he didn't impress during pre-season but at least we know what heights he can reach... I mean we can't really do that with Willian because he has been - as you said- average.

Dont get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Willian's style. I hate how he doesn't show any cutting edge and doesn't take any risks but I just love how he has a swag about the way he plays. His dribbling and the little body swivel he does are just beautiful. His performance against Stoke at home in the league this season was as impressive as he has been this season.

If he can produce that kind of performance regularly this season, then I wouldn't mind him starting over an under performing Oscar.

Willian does feel like a pretty harmless player in the attack. His workrate is great, he's technically gifted so he should be a better #10 than Oscar, yet I still feel like there's a higher chance of Oscar's making something happen than Willian's.

I agree, I am still not impressed by the brasilian. Schürrle is way more dangerous and he often shoots outside the box. Willian is good at defending and runs like there's no tomorrow, but against teams like WBA and WHU we need Shirley.

I agree, I am still not impressed by the brasilian. Schürrle is way more dangerous and he often shoots outside the box. Willian is good at defending and runs like there's no tomorrow, but against teams like WBA and WHU we need Shirley.

We need both, Oscar should be benched.

Because Oscar is overrated, people rate bim because he looks like Kaka and is a Brazilian.

Where is he really strong at? silly shortpasses, pressing? He is selfish, lacks vision, lacks pace, bad decision making, isn't superb at dribbling. He can score some screamers because he shoots all the time. He compensates all his mistakes with hard work.Yes he is still young but I don't think he will ever make it as he doesn't have the tools to be a super #10.

Because Oscar is overrated, people rate bim because he looks like Kaka and is a Brazilian.

Where is he really strong at? silly shortpasses, pressing? He is selfish, lacks vision, lacks pace, bad decision making, isn't superb at dribbling. He can score some screamers because he shoots all the time. He compensates all his mistakes with hard work.Yes he is still young but I don't think he will ever make it as he doesn't have the tools to be a super #10.

Don't be a troll.

I think we all saw what Oscar can do when he is on form and is way above Willian.

Don't be a troll.

I think we all saw what Oscar can do when he is on form and is way above Willian.

While I agree that his post is a bit over the top, but it is also mostly correct too. Of course when he is on form he is one of the best CAM in the league, top 10 anyway. But then again if Willian is on form aka Sharkta Donest form he will also be one of the best winger in Europe. Both are good players but for me and many other we prefer Willian because he isn't as inconsistent as Oscar and work much harder.

Maybe he isn't as talented as Oscar naturally but he is a better player because of all his attributes put together are far better than Oscar. Now Oscar can prove this is not the case by performing brilliantly THROUGHOUT this season for us, then we can all recognize his potential.

How many playmakers do we need in the side for everyone to be calm and relax?

In a game where we play 4-3-3 I want Willian on the right.

In a game we play 4-2-3-1 I want Oscar in the 10... We have Hazard and Cesc to do the creating, I think Oscar has more finish in him and for that reason I want him in the side.

With the amount we have invested

You better duck for cover. You don't say such things around here. Oscar is the best thing since salted pretzels.

Exaggerating much? For all the stick Oscar receives for last season, mostly deserved though some take it too far, he managed a total of 13 goals and 6 assists. That's a strong contribution to Chelsea's total goals scored.

Of course he needs to improve, I've criticised him plenty last season. But these kind of overly critical posts annoy me. That's like me saying all Willian is good for is defensive contribution.

Still went missing when we needed him the most.