Willian

Jase

Willian already proved himself last season, yes he can improve but he didn't have a bad season at all. Whenever he was on the pitch, you could see Hazard had less pressure. Willian can dribble and beat 2-3 man, keep the ball well and is very good in counter attacks. He wasn't super productive, just 4 goals but he does more than goals. He recovers balls, gives many keypasses, defends well and is one of the best high pressing attacking mids we have.

Hazard, Willian, Schurrle are the 3 starters for me this season. A combination of creativity, goals, super pace and high work rate.

how abou oscar

Wow, that video above makes him look like a world class beast.

I really like Willian and honestly, if he just works on his end product and decisiveness in the final third he'd go from a very good player which he is now to a great one.

Actually wouldn't mind him competing with Oscar for the #10 spot so that Schürrle can lock down the RW.

Willian already proved himself last season,

No he didn't. The most impressive thing about him is those occasional bursts where he'll close down the keeper. His passing is tidy but unexceptional, his set-piece delivery is decent but nothing special, his pace is good over the first few yards but he's not exceptionally speedy and his shooting is ok but doesn't produce enough results.

As Skipper said, he's not a £30 million in the slightest yet he doesn't get any criticism which is remarkable.

I think he had maybe one really strong game last season (Stoke at home) but beyond that he really wasn't anything to write home about. Really needs to step it up but I'd go with Schurrle to start the season.

I don't know if you remember but initially I was very against the transfer because 1. we didn't really need him at the time 2. the fee was far too excessive. Let's be honest now - Willian isn't a £30m player in any sense, he's worth £20m max, and even then it's slightly excessive, so I get what you're saying. He escapes regular criticism because he always puts in a decent shift IMO.

It's also very true that he's never really produced big numbers in his career but he isn't that sort of player. I'd like to think of him as a player that will provide the pass before the pass, amongst other things like his energy, work rate, tactical ability and ability to keep possession. Sure, all of that isn't truly worth £30m, but I do believe that Willian will have a good season this year - something like 10 goals and 10/15 assists plus all the other intangibles he brings to the table would be a great season for Willian - sure, maybe that isn't worth the £30m; you'd expect more than that of a player of that fee; but he's a CFC player and we must support him and hope he improved this year on his productivity, which I believe he will, especially now the side is a lot more balanced so maybe we can afford to give him a bit more freedom tactically.

Mehn, you sure do like Willian a lot!

Is that meant to be sarcastic or?

no just expressing something. When I read the forum and in some thread, someone mention anything bad about Willian you throw everything you got and defend him like a mother when somebody attack her child, which is admirable and was more like to congratulate you, than to attack you with harmful sarcasm!

no just expressing something. When I read the forum and in some thread, someone mention anything bad about Willian you throw everything you got and defend him like a mother when somebody attack her child, which is admirable and was more like to congratulate you, than to attack you with harmful sarcasm!

I didn't really defend Willian in that post tbh if you read it again. Nor have I really defended him in other threads. All I said in other threads that he'll play on the right a lot this season in response to someone who said he'll play exclusively in the middle...

I didn't really defend Willian in that post tbh if you read it again. Nor have I really defended him in other threads. All I said in other threads that he'll play on the right a lot this season in response to someone who said he'll play exclusively in the middle...

not in this partiular post no ( you're right I didn't read it top to bottom but from a few sentences i thought i got the idea it was too long), I just used it as a mark. Never mind maybe I got the wrong impression,if so I apologize, but never the less you really like Willian admit it! ;)

not in this partiular post no ( you're right I didn't read it top to bottom but from a few sentences i thought i got the idea, I just used it as a mark. Never mind maybe I got the wrong impression,if so I apologize, but never the less you really like Willian admit it! ;)

...No... I don't... You're obviously not even reading my posts correctly. Before we signed him last year, I didn't even want to sign him initially to begin with but that's passed now. I like him as a player, just like I do with the majority of other CFC players, but I wouldn't say I "really" liked him, or that he's one of my favourites.

Along with Oscar, imo also a pretty big season for this guy. Always been said around Europe as one of those 'top player' but never really had the chance to prove it at a big club, last season you could say it was his 1st year after Russia...etc but if he is truly be recognized as 1 of the top winger in the world he would need to improve on his statistics. He is very talented and is capable of doing Hazard moments, he is just not as flashy and willing to track back a lot so he is underrated by many people.

Along with Oscar, imo also a pretty big season for this guy. Always been said around Europe as one of those 'top player' but never really had the chance to prove it at a big club, last season you could say it was his 1st year after Russia...etc but if he is truly be recognized as 1 of the top winger in the world he would need to improve on his statistics. He is very talented and is capable of doing Hazard moments, he is just not as flashy and willing to track back a lot so he is underrated by many people.

Yes exactly this!

on the contrary i think that is one of his stong sides!

I know I meant because of things like that and not banging in a goal from 20 yards out or dribbling past 4 players in a role so he isn't recognized by other people as much as Hazard. Physically he is way better than Hazard imo, never injured and can run all game long without tired.

I know I meant because of things like that and not banging in a goal from 20 yards out or dribbling past 4 players in a role so he isn't recognized by other people as much as Hazard. Physically he is way better than Hazard imo, never injured and can run all game long without tired.

Yes I realized it, what you ment, but it was too late , my stupid post was already outthere!