Willian

Jase

The comparison isn't about what they're like on the ball, but about what they produce for the money we spent on them.

Willian cost roughly the same amount Robinho cost Man City.

He was about £5 million more than Mata.

That transfer is one of the weirdest, most bizarre transfers in recent memory.

I'd say our best game of the season was 1-0 at City, but okay ...

We played Liverpool off the park in the 2-1 at home win and Willian was brilliant. It's one of the hardest working performances I've ever seen from a player. Beating Arsenal 6-0 was nowhere near our best performance of the season, they gave up early.

I'd say our best game of the season was 1-0 at City, but okay ...

Without question. I can't see him lose his place in the starting lineup unless his form drops dramatically. His work rate is superb up front and miles better than Schurrle and SWP technically although he does need to work on his finishing and be more aggressive on goal. I prefer him in the #10 role but can't see Jose taking him off the wing. A trio of Hazard, Willian and Shirley would be fun to watch.

So his energetic pressing game is the only argument being used in his favor. well guess what, schurrle is just as good at pressing and despite being a LW by trade, offers far more offensively from the right wing than our "mr play it safe"

So his energetic pressing game is the only argument being used in his favor. well guess what, schurrle is just as good at pressing and despite being a LW by trade, offers far more offensively from the right wing than our "mr play it safe"

I would say he has a couple more things going for him which are important. Like Ramires, Willian is an effective player off the ball. He doesn't take a lot of shots and creates room for other players. There are only so many shots to go around and it is important that you can have players who don't need to take them. If we are playing, say Oscar, Hazard, and Schurrle with Costa, that is a lot of guys who want to shoot and they, to some extent, cannibalize each other's shots. He also, while not being all that aware offensively, doesn't try to force that many passes which is why he keeps the highest passing rate of any of our attacking players. Certainly not close to a 32M pound player but he's useful especially given the style Chelsea play.

32 million right here.

Incredible.

We spent £32 million on a Brazilian whose strongest asset is his workrate and who lacks creativity.

We fucking signed Ramires AGAIN.....

Except (and this is true)....Ramires has a better scoring record over his career. :doh: