Willian

Jase

11 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

We should shift willian to the left wing where he can cut in on his right and cause some damage. Especially since Hazard doesnt know how to shoot. Willian is by far more of a goalscoring threat from the left wing.Push hazard to the center or right wing since he loves to pass even when in acres of space in dangerous areas

Part of Willian's game is also to whip in crosses quickly with his right foot....also he's adept at shooting from anywhere in front of goal.

Hazard on the other hand is adept at crossing/creating plays from any angle. But its easier for him to shoot coming in from the left.

You'll be nullifying some of their contributions if you were to switch their positions. Besides, its not like they don't trade positions during the game. Hazard moves all over the pitch. Willian's goal against Palace came from the left hand side.

10 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Part of Willian's game is also to whip in crosses quickly with his right foot....also he's adept at shooting from anywhere in front of goal.

Hazard on the other hand is adept at crossing/creating plays from any angle. But its easier for him to shoot coming in from the left.

You'll be nullifying some of their contributions if you were to switch their positions. Besides, its not like they don't trade positions during the game. Hazard moves all over the pitch. Willian's goal against Palace came from the left hand side.

Willian is a terrible crosser (I cant remember an assist he's had from a cross) but a great shooter from the left. Pushing him to the left will utilize his strength while nullifying his weakness in crossing.

Hazard takes an average of 1 shot per game while willian takes a lot more anytime he finds a chance on the left wing, meaning hazard can go to the center in a (4-2-3-1) formation or right wing in a 3-4-3 formation to utilize his passing potential while nullifying his weakness to refuse to shoot unless he has an open goal.

3-4-3 like this

Willian  -  Giroud  -  Hazard

Kante    -    Fabregas

or 4-2-3-1 like this

Giroud

Willian  -  Hazard  -  Pedro

Over the past 4 seasons Willian has to be one of our most consistent performers.

Even during our dismal title defence in 2015/16 he was the star performer, pulling us out from terrible situations.

His current form is further evidence of his incredible ability. Great finishing and able to put a shift in all around the park. Complete professional.

To top it off the Willian song is one of the best ever as well!

On 3/11/2018 at 4:02 AM, Blue Armour said:

Haven't watched too many Belgium games, but isn't KDB quite underwhelming in general for the national team?

What!? KdB has been carrying the national team for years! 

Did you mean Hazard, which would make sense to be fair. 

On 14-3-2018 at 4:37 AM, Eisenstein said:

What!? KdB has been carrying the national team for years! 

Did you mean Hazard, which would make sense to be fair. 

De Bruyne has been shit for Belgium since the end of the previous world cup.

Willian played another outstanding game last night and people here are talking about de Bruyne's performances for Belgium. Who cares?

We still have a chance to reach top4 if Willian keeps this form until the end of the season. He has been that good.

I say this so much i'm getting on my own nerves:D

This season is so much like 15/16 only difference is we're 5th and not 10th.

But as in 15/16 Willian is our best player the only one who comes out and constantly performs, someone has said that the players must love out there, I think he must be gutted apart from Kante there's no one else in our lineup that tries like them.

2 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

I say this so much i'm getting on my own nerves:D

This season is so much like 15/16 only difference is we're 5th and not 10th.

But as in 15/16 Willian is our best player the only one who comes out and constantly performs, someone has said that the players must love out there, I think he must be gutted apart from Kante there's no one else in our lineup that tries like them.

He's MUCH better right now than what he was in 15/16. During that season he was playing his normal level but that just looked amazing because of how bad the others got (and his free kick purple patch), last couple of months he's stepped up beyond anything we have seen from him before.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He's MUCH better right now than what he was in 15/16. During that season he was playing his normal level but that just looked amazing because of how bad the others got (and his free kick purple patch), last couple of months he's stepped up beyond anything we have seen from him before.

Yep.

That season he was a hard worker who was getting goals from set pieces.

Now he is looking to create from open play. This is by far he has ever been for us.