Marco van Ginkel

Spike

So will he go out on loan next season ala Romeu?

I think that depends on Romeu himself. I think Oriol wants to stay in Spain. If that is the case then I doubt we will loan Marco out. But if Oriol returns, then I think Marco most likely goes out on loan.

I think that depends on Romeu himself. I think Oriol wants to stay in Spain. If that is the case then I doubt we will loan Marco out. But if Oriol returns, then I think Marco most likely goes out on loan.

Its up to us whether we recall Oriol though,I doubt he would say no to returning here.

Possibly but then again, they are two different type of players and going by their abilities and strengths as a player, think we need Van Ginkel more than we do with Romeu.

It's pretty amazing how fast he's recovered from a torn ACL. Careers are derailed and some even end prematurely due to torn ACLs and this dude recovers in 5-6 months. Unreal. All the praise to Cheslea medical team and him though, that is one of the fastest torn ACL recoveries I've ever heard of in professional sports.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very excited to see what he can do for us. He might still have a role to play in our title run in.

Welcome Back Marco :yes:

Not sure we'll see Marco with the first team so soon. Once he's fit enough, I reckon he'll play at least a couple of weeks with the U21s before being considered for the first team.

It's pretty amazing how fast he's recovered from a torn ACL. Careers are derailed and some even end prematurely due to torn ACLs and this dude recovers in 5-6 months. Unreal. All the praise to Cheslea medical team and him though, that is one of the fastest torn ACL recoveries I've ever heard of in professional sports.

no other medical team has Eva, so here they have additional motivation :P

Now into serious matters...

You could see early in the season that Marco would be receiving chances. He's injured himself in a match he started!

He was an used sub in two EPL games, he started against Swindon and Basel in the UCL in 5 weeks. That's nearly more chances than Kevin had in 5 months, so I think Mourinho had plans for him all along. Kalas never had any resemblance of chance like that. Hell, not even Bertrand had.

Maybe it has something to do with our underwhelming pivot then and now with Matic his chances would drop considerably, but it doesn't make much sense in my head because Matic is a #6 and as far as I can say Marco is better as a #8. I do hope Mourinho continues to give him chances come next season (I don't expect him coming from a 6-month recovery to have chances during a critical time of the season. We do have options.

But comes next season, and I hope Mou will continue with him from where he's stopped. He was nervous in some of those matches - I remember his first 10-15 minutes against Basel were terrible, but the kid was 20 then, and he was playing in our first UCL match of the season. I understand the pressure and why he was nervous. But he recovered after it, but you could still clearly see he wasn't 100% himself yet. If he lives up the expectation and for José to trust him so quickly is because there are good chances he will; then I think we could have one hell of a pivot. I'm about to post a stat in Matic's thread. A #8 by his side - like Lamps was in 2005 - would make our pivot even better than City's imo. I'm not even dreaming of saying Marco has potential to be what Lamps were on his best days, but if he can even resemble him, then we done with our pivot for a few years. If he's not this guy, pls José, sign this guy because you can't simply teach technique to Ramires. A player either has class or not, has vision or not, is technical or not. Those things are hard to be learned, especially as old as he is.

I hope he is given a proper chance, the kid had a career ahead of him with Ajax wanting him and we got him, so I hope we get to use him instead of wasting his talent, he looks like a decent player who could replace lampard's goals from mid, he has energy, potential, right attitude and age by his side. I really hope he wont be loaned out like every other young player we have