Fernando Torres

I'd like certain people to ask themselves this - If everything was the same right now, except Torres' price (Let's say we paid £10million for him), would you still be supporting him so strongly (more-so than a lot of our other players it would seem)? Or would you admit that this deal has been probably the worst one in Premier League, perhaps even football history, and admit that he needs to leave for us to improve as a club?

Do people not realise that while Hazard, Mata, Oscar etc. all gel properly and build complete chemistry, Torres will be growing older? By the time they're in complete key with eachother, which I think will be around 2 or 3 seasons from now, Torres will be in his 30's.

If we keep him until then, we'll then end up selling him for peanuts, buying a new striker, and then that striker will likely need to build chemistry with the trio mentioned, causing the club to stagnate yet again. No good can come from keeping Torres and chanting his name at Stamford Bridge every game more than Drogba was ever chanted or more than Terry ever gets chanted.

while Hazard, Mata, Oscar etc. all gel properly and build complete chemistry, Torres will be growing older? By the time they're in complete key with eachother, which I think will be around 2 or 3 seasons from now

It won't take that long. I can see them really clicking somewhere down the road this season. At most it'll take 2 seasons.

I'd like certain people to ask themselves this - If everything was the same right now, except Torres' price (Let's say we paid £10million for him), would you still be supporting him so strongly (more-so than a lot of our other players it would seem)? Or would you admit that this deal has been probably the worst one in Premier League, perhaps even football history, and admit that he needs to leave for us to improve as a club?

Do people not realise that while Hazard, Mata, Oscar etc. all gel properly and build complete chemistry, Torres will be growing older? By the time they're in complete key with eachother, which I think will be around 2 or 3 seasons from now, Torres will be in his 30's.

If we keep him until then, we'll then end up selling him for peanuts, buying a new striker, and then that striker will likely need to build chemistry with the trio mentioned, causing the club to stagnate yet again. No good can come from keeping Torres and chanting his name at Stamford Bridge every game more than Drogba was ever chanted or more than Terry ever gets chanted.

If it wouldnt be for Torres price tag he would already be gone. Im pretty sure about that.

1 in Community Shield that even the FA doesn't take seriously

1 vs Reading that shouldn't even have counted because he was offside

1 vs Wolves Reserves team who were losing 4-0 at the time

Performance-wise, he was also invisible/terrible against Atletico, Juventus, Stoke, QPR, Wigan and even Wolves today - running into defenders, losing possessions and missing sitters. "It was like playing with 10 men" like Gullit said. 4 to 5 in 9 sounds good, but not really.

He was good against Newcastle, but from what we've seen I think it's more likely that goal was fluke.

I hope he has another good/flukey game this Saturday, but at the same time I think it's totally justifiable to say that he's been shit. If he was any good last 20 months, I would agree with you that we are being harsh.

Torres doesn't score goals people moan then when he does score the same people carry on moaning! :fainthv9:

Torres doesn't score goals people moan then when he does score the same people carry on moaning! :fainthv9:

I agree that it is good he is scoring and with the midfield we have now he should be able to get 15 goals this season, but despite the goals this season he has frustrated and can you see him winning a big game for us in the face of adversity when the chips are down?

I can't, he will score the odd goal that will win us will us three points aswell as a load of goals when were cruising (ala last night), we have basically got a more expensive version of Kalou on our hands. The only difference was Kalou never had all the leeway and excuses.

I will feel the eternal wrath of Torres fans now but I am still not satisfied with his performances, but a goal is a goal. He still looks like your average striker and is miles away from the likes of Aguero, Rooney, RVP etc...Should have had more and that miss later on was awful but at least now he has great teammates so things are easier for him. I haven't written him of still and who knows what can happen, but I am not really optimistic about his future here.

His goal reminded me about a certain amazing moment in Chelsea's history though ;)

Chelsea prepares €56 million offer for Falcao

http://www.marca.com...1348679192.html

Yeah...preparing...they believe...heard...they expect...

They can fuck of.

Selling their papers on our name when there is nothing else to write...

It´s only the sun,It would be more reputable if any spanish newspaper publish such story in my opinion.

Still not happy with Torres but gotta love their timing of publishing such BS story the night after he scores. They're obviously trying to destroy whatever confidence he might have gained from last night. :doh:

Still not happy with Torres but gotta love their timing of publishing such BS story the night after he scores. They're obviously trying to destroy whatever confidence he might have gained from last night. :doh:

You may not forget,the fact that the sun hate us.

Lol, if that's something that affects his confidence he should quit football and starting playing chess.