Oscar

themightyblue

How I wish we played him in a 4-3-3 in central midfield. That's where his abilities lie imo, he's not creative enough to be a attacking midfielder, that's why his keypasses are lower than 2 per match everytime.

What he has is movement, especially if given small freedom which he has stopped doing. He also is a fantastic tackler for his size which he has stopped doing too. Hopefully he develops his stamina so that he can last a full season instead of quitting by February.

He will go I think, Jose has a habit of stripping players back a bit so they learn the team needs to work hard and as a unit (Hazard and Willian) It work for said players but appears to have made Oscar a worse player all round. Hasn't contributed much at all and not as eye catching as he was when he first arrived.

Calling Paul Pogba anyone?

There's no available better player. No need to sell if we're not getting quality

pogba? koke?

there are 2 players in our current squad who seem to be as good if not better (cesc, willian)

and then there is the point of hazard who has looked his best when in the center. if we buy reus/bale/sterling, we can easily shift hazard as CAM>

but please dont say there are no better available players or options.

If Oscar was allowed to be a proper #10 instead of being an advanced DM to cover for Cesc he'd look the part.

Him and Cesc should be rotating CAM and RLC should be primary CM next to Matic.

Then we simply buy 'another Ballack' (Aging Schweinsteiger comes to mind) as Ake continues to develop, and right as he approaches retirement Ake can step in.

Let Oscar go. And let him take Willian somewhere too. It's nothing personal, but those guys are weakest links in our team. If we are about to challenge top European sides and Premier League next season, we need more aggressive and creative attacking midfielders, who have much more authority with the ball. It's a damn shame Mou had no patience with De Bruyne.

Btw. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that there is a chance we can snatch Reus. I would love to see him play along with Hazard in the same line. That would be an improvement.

pogba? koke?

there are 2 players in our current squad who seem to be as good if not better (cesc, willian)

and then there is the point of hazard who has looked his best when in the center. if we buy reus/bale/sterling, we can easily shift hazard as CAM>

but please dont say there are no better available players or options.

I'm not sure we can get Pogba, too many teams want him.

Koke would be a fantastic buy considering his assists ratio and chances created for a defensive team, I also love how he raises his head up before the ball rolls to his leg so he's already aware of who he passes to before the ball rolls to him(this is oscars weakness, he looks on the floor too much and doesn't raise his head to be aware of teammates)

So Koke is the only one we can buy to improve, the rest are ifs and buts. We just have to make sure we buy starting line-up quality like we did this season with fabregas and Costa.

I'm not sure we can get Pogba, too many teams want him.

Koke would be a fantastic buy considering his assists ratio and chances created for a defensive team, I also love how he raises his head up before the ball rolls to his leg so he's already aware of who he passes to before the ball rolls to him(this is oscars weakness, he looks on the floor too much and doesn't raise his head to be aware of teammates)

So Koke is the only one we can buy to improve, the rest are ifs and buts. We just have to make sure we buy starting line-up quality like we did this season with fabregas and Costa.

totally agree with almost everything.

but disagree that koke is the only one that improves us. koke would be the ultimate buy which would solve our mid problems. but if we dont get him and make reus our no.1 buy, a midfield 3 of hazard-cesc/willian-reus would be mind blowing too.