Oscar

themightyblue

Has that ever stopped the boss from selling before?

Actually I don't think any of Schurrle, Mata, de Bruyne, Luiz and co. had signed extensions under Mourinho, that's one difference imo. Mourinho also said many times Hazard and Ramires wouldn't be sold (said about Oscar last season too)and answering sort of the same way. So people are holding at straws. Whether he or any other player will be sold has nothing to do with Jose's rebuttal to press speculation during interviews.

The main selling clue imo is when the players is displaced from the main team, doesn't like to stay so much in the bench, asks to leave and someone comes with a good offer. Oscar just said he's happy here and don't plan to leave DESPITE being on the bench. He addressed that he understands sometimes Mourinho wants something different from him or from the team and said that although it bothers him he's okay with it and will continue to try to contribute his best. If Oscar changes his mind in the future or if is lying now is what will indicate his leave, not Mourinho. We've never seen Oscar throwing tantrums...

Take away your Oscar glasses and you will see Cesc was way more important for us. He changed our whole game this season while Oscar rides on the backs of Eden, Cesc, Matic and Costa.

What a stupid post. Oscar was by far our best player in the 1st half of last season yet somehow we should attribute his form to Fabregas and co? Okay then.....

Even the man who is apparently desperate to sell him was shouting praise from the rooftops

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2799001/oscar-finally-fulfilling-potential-claims-chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-mourinho-rolls-out-red-carpet-for-oscar-after-premier-league-win-2014-11

Of course our fast food fanbase will forget shit like that because of average players like fecking Koke, not Isco, Verratti, James, Thiago or Pogba but freaking Koke. Can't believe the usual suspects are doing to best to dismiss his undeniable impact in the first half of the season to suit their delusional agendas.

How can a player who scored/created so many crucial goals supposedly only ride the coattails of others? Amazing logic.

Again, his form has undoubtedly tanked in the 2nd half but the same could be said for Costa, Cesc and especially Matic who continues to get passes from Chelsea fans because he isn't Mikel.

Wouldn't mind us keeping Oscar and having him as a backup when we buy another top class midfielder (Koke/Pogba/Vidal/Isco) because: 1) We currently have a lack of experienced backups for AM (Cuadrado has only just arrived and the rest are youth players). 2) He's still young and could get better in the future, let's not give up yet and 3) I don't think he'll fetch that much ATM.

Obviously if Juve offer us £25-30M or want him as part of a deal for Pogba/Vidal then we should sell but otherwise I think he's a decent squad player for us and we should keep him.

Also, i'm anything but an Oscar hater but the people suggesting he's as good (or even nearly as good) as Koke seriously need to watch Atletico a bit more often. He's the most important midfielder in one of the best teams in Europe and anyone that really watches them both cannot possibly say something like that. 2 years ago I would have accepted that they were both similar in terms of current talent and potential but since then Oscar hasn't got much better whereas Koke has come on leaps and bounds.

Wouldn't mind us keeping Oscar and having him as a backup when we buy another top class midfielder (Koke/Pogba/Vidal/Isco) because: 1) We currently have a lack of experienced backups for AM (Cuadrado has only just arrived and the rest are youth players). 2) He's still young and could get better in the future, let's not give up yet and 3) I don't think he'll fetch that much ATM.

Obviously if Juve offer us £25-30M or want him as part of a deal for Pogba/Vidal then we should sell but otherwise I think he's a decent squad player for us and we should keep him.

Also, i'm anything but an Oscar hater but the people suggesting he's as good (or even nearly as good) as Koke seriously need to watch Atletico a bit more often. He's the most important midfielder in one of the best teams in Europe and anyone that really watches them both cannot possibly say something like that. 2 years ago I would have accepted that they were both similar in terms of current talent and potential but since then Oscar hasn't got much better whereas Koke has come on leaps and bounds.

koke - top class!!! really?? if u believe gilvorak.. all he can do is cross. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has that ever stopped the boss from selling before?

These

Can't remember anyone who was sold after sign new contract months before.

Actually I don't think any of Schurrle, Mata, de Bruyne, Luiz and co. had signed extensions under Mourinho, that's one difference imo. Mourinho also said many times Hazard and Ramires wouldn't be sold (said about Oscar last season too)and answering sort of the same way. So people are holding at straws. Whether he or any other player will be sold has nothing to do with Jose's rebuttal to press speculation during interviews.

The main selling clue imo is when the players is displaced from the main team, doesn't like to stay so much in the bench, asks to leave and someone comes with a good offer. Oscar just said he's happy here and don't plan to leave DESPITE being on the bench. He addressed that he understands sometimes Mourinho wants something different from him or from the team and said that although it bothers him he's okay with it and will continue to try to contribute his best. If Oscar changes his mind in the future or if is lying now is what will indicate his leave, not Mourinho. We've never seen Oscar throwing tantrums...

Oscar - the one Mourinho is dying to sell and who he never plays in big matches is starting ahead of Willian and Ramires against United... that's my cue not to come back to TC today, regardless of the result and regardless of how he plays. If we lose, it's on him, if we win, it's despite of him, if we draw it's his fault. If he plays bad, all of the same, if he plays well, at least we'll be able to fool someone to pay big money on him come a few months. Yeah, I already know the whole script for this thread, regardless of what happens.

but but but Oscar is useless and can't string a pass together...

On a side note, he's almost certainly on the wing today - do us proud son.

Actually looking forward to seeing him play on the wing. He's struggled with the CAM position this season due to all the extra work required of him but with a 3 man midfield including Matic and Zouma he might have less defensive work to do... Hopefully he'll play very well and we can switch him and Willian for future games?

Tbh he was non exsistent for the first 30 minutes. Played well those last 15, pretty backheel too.

good assist and deserves credit for that. we have 6 defensive players on the field and they should be doing the bull work. if he can produce a moment of quality, for me thats good enough.

I think he's still a guy who can be average most of the game, but can have that one moment of magic that can prove to be decisive.

I don't argue that his form has dipped (e.g. effort on pressing). I just feel that some of the slating the he's been getting is unfair.

Backheel magic