Oscar

themightyblue

i absolutely love the WAGNH article. eye opener.

when i started reading that article, i had a niggling feeling that i had indeed read it somewhere. just did not know where. as i kept on reading, it dawned on me, FERNANDO TORRES. have not we all read 100s of such articles on torres and how it was all our fault that he did not play well. it started with "its drogba's fault", then "its sturridge's fault", its mata's fault as he keeps to be getting into torres' position, no its the midfield's fault for no service. it was every fucking thing's fault on this god's green earth except for torres' fault.

and now reading this article, its the same thing, is not it. it starts with "we bought cesc but we knew he was defensively blah blah blah". then it makes it seem like oscar is actually playing as a DM and working so damn hard to cover all of cesc's faults (by the way, is not it oscar who loses the ball the most and it is him that we end up covering for!!!), then its the fault of the system and the way he is being used and my favourite part of the article, the cherry on the top, "we should buy a midfielder to partner matic, so that it frees oscar up". so drop cesc!!!!!!!!???? one of our players of the season? 5 goals and 22 assists not enough from a deep position? i mean are oscar and cesc even comparable when discussing about vision, passing, through-balls etc etc.

whats even more baffling is the fact that the article makes it seem that there has been no drop of form from oscar, no lowering of his intensity (when was his last trademark tackle?) and that all of it is "others" fault.

its deja vu. we have made a mistake once, hopefully we dont repeat it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11543529/Chelsea-transfer-news-Oscar-reveals-he-wants-to-stay.html

Chelsea’s Brazil international Oscar has insisted he is happy to stay at Stamford Bridge amid suggestions he will be offloaded by Jose Mourinho this summer.

Oscar, a £25 million signing from Internacional in 2012 by Roberto Di Matteo, is among the most substituted players in the league this season and has not started or finished a full 90 minutes since January.

The 23-year-old could be a casualty at the end of the campaign but he has pledged to fight for his place “I’m very happy here. I get along with everyone, and the club shows its praise towards me. Chelsea is one of the best clubs in the world, so I don’t see why I would think of leaving,” he said.

I’m very happy with Chelsea’s season so far and happy with my own performance as well, but I do think I could have contributed more to the team. There are different tactics depending on the opponents we face, and we respect the manager’s choices. Sometimes I’ve ended up not playing the entire match, but I’m doing my best to fulfil my role. I’m happy with my performances.

"There are different tactics depending on the opponents we face, and we respect the manager's choices. Sometimes i've ended up not playing the entire match, but I'm doing my best to fulfil my role."

Starting to put the blame on others (Mourinho), something Torres also did when he played like shit.

Please don't stay Oscar, go to Juventus/Liverpool and unleash the Kaka/Baggio in you.

"There are different tactics depending on the opponents we face, and we respect the manager's choices. Sometimes i've ended up not playing the entire match, but I'm doing my best to fulfil my role."

Starting to put the blame on others (Mourinho), something Torres also did when he played like shit.

Please don't stay Oscar, go to Juventus/Liverpool and unleash the Kaka/Baggio in you.

Not like Hazard didn't say comments about the playstyle last season and got benched by Jose......

Find to hate more.....

Fans wonder why Oscar dies out in the second half of the season and that it has nothing to do with the amount of work he does in the first half...

Fans think that Jose Mourinho, a very conservative and defensive minded manager is going to play a Koke-Cesc combo when even Del Bosque, a more offensive minded manager in his right mind never does.... Cesc-koke-matic would be the slowest midfield in europe. Cesc puts in his fair share of work as does Koke, but Matic needs more help as does the backline due to their lack of pace...

Keep dreaming guys if you think Jose going to play this free flow offensive football.

Vidal is someone that can I can see fitting if he is past his injuries.. Pacey, hard working, strong, good technique and an absolute beast in the midfield. THe best player in Juventus, which includes Pogba...

Fans wonder why Oscar dies out in the second half of the season and that it has nothing to do with the amount of work he does in the first half...

Fans think that Jose Mourinho, a very conservative and defensive minded manager is going to play a Koke-Cesc combo when even Del Bosque, a more offensive minded manager in his right mind never does.... Cesc-koke-matic would be the slowest midfield in europe. Cesc puts in his fair share of work as does Koke, but Matic needs more help as does the backline due to their lack of pace...

Keep dreaming guys if you think Jose going to play this free flow offensive football.

Vidal is someone that can I can see fitting if he is past his injuries.. Pacey, hard working, strong, good technique and an absolute beast in the midfield. THe best player in Juventus, which includes Pogba...

i feel u have got koke all wrong here.

he is as good as oscar if not better than oscar defensively. and i am not only talking about the workrate but overall defensive intelligence of koke is very good.

as for "slowest" midfield, an awesome example comes to mind - xavi-busquets-iniesta. that midfield on paper has got to be the slowest midfield in the world (no exaggeration). but its not just about the pace of the players but actually how quickly those players move the ball.

also, why should we keep dreaming. we did play that free flowing football for 4 months at the start of the season, did not we?

as for the backline, buying varane or the atleast promoting zouma as the 2nd CB ahead of GC has to be a priority next season too.

i honestly think, all of the problems u posed (definitely valid) have a very definite solutions.

he is as good as oscar if not better than oscar defensively. and i am not only talking about the workrate but overall defensive intelligence of koke is very good.

as for "slowest" midfield, an awesome example comes to mind - xavi-busquets-iniesta. that midfield on paper has got to be the slowest midfield in the world (no exaggeration). but its not just about the pace of the players but actually how quickly those players move the ball.

also, why should we keep dreaming. we did play that free flowing football for 4 months at the start of the season, did not we?

as for the backline, buying varane or the atleast promoting zouma as the 2nd CB ahead of GC has to be a priority next season too.

i honestly think, all of the problems u posed (definitely valid) have a very definite solutions.

Iniesta is not slow as is xavi.

Iniesta and xavi both are dribbling kings with the ability to shield the ball...koke nor cesc are that.

Iniesta is not slow as is xavi.

Iniesta and xavi both are dribbling kings with the ability to shield the ball...koke nor cesc are that.

i would never call xavi a dribbling king. iniesta is a different story but definitely not xavi. koke is a decent dribbler himself and his holding onto the ball under pressure is something of his USP i feel.

I've half come round to your idea of bringing Koke in, but for Ramires instead of Oscar, as he can fill in for either Cesc or Oscar. Perfect backup when either is injured/off form. Direct replacement for Ramires being RLC. I know you like Ramires but even you must admit that Oscar is more useful than he is, especially when he's sharp. Also lets us keep the exit door open for Oscar/Cesc if these >Jan 1 slumps become a regular occurrence.

I've half come round to your idea of bringing Koke in, but for Ramires instead of Oscar, as he can fill in for either Cesc or Oscar. Perfect backup when either is injured/off form. Direct replacement for Ramires being RLC. I know you like Ramires but even you must admit that Oscar is more useful than he is, especially when he's sharp. Also lets us keep the exit door open for Oscar/Cesc if these >Jan 1 slumps become a regular occurrence.

So you're suggesting we buy a £40m player for him to be back up to Oscar?

And you're also basically suggesting Oscar has been as good as Fabregas this season...

Yeah right, Jose didn't want to sell Mata, Luiz, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Schurrle and Torres either :lol:

But at the same time he's not that stupid to tell the media that Oscar is on the market. His price would decrease and Chelsea would not be in the position to be the main negociator in that deal anymore.

You either impose your own rules in a negociation, or you have to listen to what others offer you. Jose will tell the media that Chelsea do not want to sell even if the player is having his medical elswhere and it is minutes away from signing that contract. :lol:

Reckon he is off in the summer. Bidding should start at 35m. Chelsea cannot accept anything below that mark imo.

I actually think José was genuine with those comments today. That doesn't mean he won't be sold but I don't think he'll be trying hard to sell him. Ideally, we buy a top player and keep Oscar. We're witnessing first hand how our standard has dipped massively as the season has gone on so having Oscar stay and be fresher as a squad player could be awesome.

Watch him score a brace tomorrow if he starts and this thread will blow up and crash the site. :lol:

So you're suggesting we buy a £40m player for him to be back up to Oscar?

And you're also basically suggesting Oscar has been as good as Fabregas this season...

In the first half of the season they were both as influential as each other, for sure.

Anyway, I meant that they all rotate around together. So noone gets tired out, like this season.

koke wont come as a backup. he will definitely be the starter.

and then is the point of resale value. oscar will go for 20+mil. rambo wont. and lets be realistic, jose wont replace rambo with RLC. zouma after performing so awesomely has still somehow lost his place to GC. RLC will not make the cut next year. maybe mvg can do that squad role.

lastly, is the point of having 3 similar players like oscar/cesc/koke while selling the one who gives us something very different.