Oscar

themightyblue

I wasn't able to watch this game. Just checked the stats and saw that whoscored gave him a rating of 5.7/10 for the game and, according to them, apparently he made a error leading to a goal.

309lduq.png

Is that true? Did Oscar play that bad?

whoscored is on the same drugs as Luiz has been today... Luiz assisted Mata-squee Blind, and made a lot of mistakes and he's slightly worse than Oscar?

Paulinho was awful, Jo was incredibly terrible, I swear this chart is as bizarre as it gets.

edit: he didn't make a mistake that led to a goal as far as I can remember. It was Silva, Luiz and maybe Luiz again. He was dispossessed (with a tackle) before the third, in our attacking half and I'm not even sure he wasn't fouled. They CANT blame that on him.

But did he or didn't he make a error leading to a goal? I'm surprised, because whoscored usually gives pretty adequate ratings.

first goal was cbs .. but not a penalty which was given ... second a clearance by Luiz was a bad decision and led to goal .. I suppose perhaps SIX moves earlier Oscar

might have misplaced a pass

whoscored is on the same drugs as Luiz has been today... Luiz assisted Mata-squee Blind, and made a lot of mistakes and he's slightly worse than Oscar?

Paulinho was awful, Jo was incredibly terrible, I swear this chart is as bizarre as it gets.

edit: he didn't make a mistake that led to a goal as far as I can remember. It was Silva, Luiz and maybe Luiz again. He was dispossessed (with a tackle) before the third, in our attacking half and I'm not even sure he wasn't fouled. They CANT blame that on him.

Thanks. I didn't watch the match, so I have no clue why they decided that Oscar made a mistake that led to a goal. But as far as I know, whoscored deducts quite a bit from a player's rating if he made such a mistake. That's probably why Oscar has such a low rating(even if they blame him incorrectly).

I'm nearly 100% sure that he kicked the ball too far ahead of himself and purposefully put his leg into whoever it was and fell over. I don't blame him though (especially after the pen that wasn't given). It seemed like he was the only one who was giving it his all throughout the game in spite of the scoreline.

I'll be excited to see him back in the team if he performs like that for us. He wanted to be involved in absolutely everything.

that suggests you know NOTHING

Really? Being the better Brazilian player that day isn't saying much. He made a couple good runs that was it. His final balls were awful. Lost it on many occasions too. But that's probs what happens when everyone around you is even worse.

Really? Being the better Brazilian player that day isn't saying much. He made a couple good runs that was it. His final balls were awful. Lost it on many occasions too. But that's probs what happens when everyone around you is even worse.

you seem to be alone in thinking that .

Which match are you talking about? Semi or the playoff? He was definitely pretty good in the playoff match, easily the best Brazil player. Not a world class performance but def a good performance.

you seem to be alone in thinking that .

Sometimes we need to take our blue tinted glasses off. He was the better player that day but still pretty bad game overall. Just because the majority agrees on something doesn't mean its right.

Sometimes we need to take our blue tinted glasses off. He was the better player that day but still pretty bad game overall. Just because the majority agrees on something doesn't mean its right.

Was watching the game with 5 other guys and I was the only Chelsea fan - and they all were saying that Oscar was Brazil's best player.

perhaps YOU should go to Spec Savers ,,

Was watching the game with 5 other guys and I was the only Chelsea fan - and they all were saying that Oscar was Brazil's best player.

Their best player in a team that was playing terrible, i.e everyone was bad. It's not Oscar's fault he was stuck with those teammates, but he still didn't do that good. He was playing against a Netherlands team who didn't even get out of second gear. Whatever I've shared my opinion no point going on about it anymore

I just fail to see for some time now where can Oscar fit in our formation. He is good all around, but somehow just makes it darn difficult to find him a position. I have never been amazed by his playmaking abilities, while his pace along with dribbling haven't left me speechless for quite a while. With Fabregas arriving, I find Oscar's position shaken up since I doubt Jose will play him in midfield of 4-3-3 along with Matic and Fabregas due to weaker defending, while on the other side, I don't find Oscar too productive on the right wing...

Honestly I believe it would be best to cash in on him if possible and bring in someone like Di Maria or Rodriguez who I find much better and who are actually looking to move.

On the other side, I would be very happy for him if he can have a good season i which he can establish himself in the starting 11.

I just fail to see for some time now where can Oscar fit in our formation. He is good all around, but somehow just makes it darn difficult to find him a position. I have never been amazed by his playmaking abilities, while his pace along with dribbling haven't left me speechless for quite a while. With Fabregas arriving, I find Oscar's position shaken up since I doubt Jose will play him in midfield of 4-3-3 along with Matic and Fabregas due to weaker defending, while on the other side, I don't find Oscar too productive on the right wing...

Honestly I believe it would be best to cash in on him if possible and bring in someone like Di Maria or Rodriguez who I find much better and who are actually looking to move.

On the other side, I would be very happy for him if he can have a good season i which he can establish himself in the starting 11.

I think 4-3-3 with oscar, fabregas and matic make sense.

I can see Oscar playing his high pressing role during defensive phase and drop back (which he tends to do anyway) in attack and let fabregas go forward more.

I think 4-3-3 with oscar, fabregas and matic make sense.

I can see Oscar playing his high pressing role during defensive phase and drop back (which he tends to do anyway) in attack and let fabregas go forward more.

I do agree that Oscar can give good midfield options, but I just can't see José doing it...