Oscar

themightyblue

Just place him in a midfield three and that will show all of oscar's ability. He is arguably ( with hazard) our most complete player and i dont want another mikel if we move him deeper, instead he is a #10/#8 . people keep forgetting under de mateo our three Amigo's lined up Hazard-OSCAR-mata. and we played the best football why cant we return to that. Anyway if it becomes oscar vs mata i know jose will pick oscar ( and rightly so), as he provides flexibility, a controller, and defensive capabilities unlike juan mata. A midfield of Oscar-KDB-Mikel has similarities to Lampard- Ballack-Makalele

Yeah, such a good football that got RDM sacked.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

Yeah, such a good football that got RDM sacked.

The football style the team used isn't what sacked RDM, bad results are what sacked RDM. You could argue that the two are mutually inclusive but in the are not...

problem is..we have mata. and i dont know if he is ready for the double pivot...he could play there though.

I would love to see him tried in the double pivot. HIs vision and passing sometimes go to waste in wider positions and he's actually quite a tenacious little tackler for a 'creative no.10'.

He could be that link between defence and attack that we sometimes miss and which forces us to resort to long, speculative balls forward. You'd want someone a bit more sturdy beside him (like a Khedira or Martinez) but I think he could be great there.

I would love to see him tried in the double pivot. HIs vision and passing sometimes go to waste in wider positions and he's actually quite a tenacious little tackler for a 'creative no.10'.

He could be that link between defence and attack that we sometimes miss and which forces us to resort to long, speculative balls forward. You'd want someone a bit more sturdy beside him (like a Khedira or Martinez) but I think he could be great there.

Agreed. He could be easily be the link between our defence and attack. If we need more attacking prowess/game plan isn't working we can always take off one of the three that aren't performing ahead of him, throw on another midfielder and free him to join the attack (Yaya Toure like). I personally see his future in the pivot.

True !! Id love him there. Just think of him in the pivot in an 8 role coupled by a real 6 ( i always dream of Witsel). Those two would give us a high tech modern, mobile pivot. Defensive strenght, discipline, bravery AND football intelligence coupled with passing abilities to make it all happen.

Well, ill keep dreaming theonlyplacetobe :)

It be weird.

He plays as the cam on Brazil, yet plays as the back 2 for Chelsea?

Not 'the back 2'. As a Regista or a fantasista as it is called here on the old continent :-)

It means behind the 10 ( who plays 2/3 rds up the pitch) as a complete advanced midfielder. It would be the role Lamps takes now, which can be moved even a little more up the field when paired with a defensive 6 in that pivot. The pivot doesnt mean two defensive players you know!

I think that role (not the poition - it is useless to just talk about positions without roles in footbal - it is not fm2013l) is called meia-armador.

He is cut out for that!!

I see him more in a three man midfield.

I would mean Mata on the right forward.

And Lampard on the bench, more a squad player and coming for his scoring abilities when we would change the shape of the team.

Cavani, two central midfielders (one more defensive minded, one all-around) and we would have depth on the midfield area unlike this year.

Not 'the back 2'. As a Regista or a fantasista as it is called here on the old continent :-)

It means behind the 10 ( who plays 2/3 rds up the pitch) as a complete advanced midfielder. It would be the role Lamps takes now, which can be moved even a little more up the field when paired with a defensive 6 in that pivot. The pivot doesnt mean two defensive players you know!

I think that role (not the poition - it is useless to just talk about positions without roles in footbal - it is not fm2013l) is called meia-armador.

He is cut out for that!!

that should be his position when he's old.

The football style the team used isn't what sacked RDM, bad results are what sacked RDM. You could argue that the two are mutually inclusive but in the are not...

Maybe we had bad results because it did not work out eh? Not sure how would they play now because they developed more.