test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

25,822 posts in this topic

I want him to have a massive WC, time for him to be recognised worldwide as a top, top player, not just a talent.

he was really, really awful beside the assist. dont know whats going on with him, seemed like he didnt even care and was jogging aroudn the pitch like a 3 times world footballer ffs

xPetrCechx likes this

(SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH) i think the best position for him like zidane is in the middle. he is not a true winger like robben or ronaldo but he had a very good vision and he can be very useful in this place.

mediator, zolayes and haranr like this

He needs to be more aggressive. A lot of games he acts so relaxed and keeps passing the ball to others, when everyone is expecting him to create something lol.

He really, really wasnt. The only player that got behind the parked Algerian bus in the 1st half and his intelligence made the 2nd goal.

Enough with this outrageous double standard this guy gets held to! It's getting tedious and boring. PATHETIC.

its not double standard, its expectations. or do you expect the same thing from Chadli and Hazard? Hazard was awful. he lost nearly EVERY ball he got, he wasnt going at passes, just waiting for them to come, while an Algerian interrupted (happened multiple times). the assist wasnt to hard to make, as he had plenty of space and room and Mertens made a great run. Hazard is the star player of Belgium, so you obviously expect him to make something happen, but he was awful. not only his performance but his attitude. he looked disgusted and annoyed instead of fighting and trying to improve something. he cant cope with aggresive defending against him, also happened multiple times while playing for us. If he wants to be anywhere near Balon D'Or as he self proclaimed, he should get his ass up and prove it. You can play bad, but at least have the right attitude- he nad nothing today and it shocked me. He was awful in the friendships, but you could think thats because he didnt want to injure himself or something, but today was the same thing. He jogged the whole time, wasnt running anywhere, when somebody passed the ball to him he waited for the ball instead of moving towards it etc etc. You have to be a blind Hazard fanboy to describe this performance as anything decent or good, especially if you know about his ablities. Today he was lazy and led his head down, when things didnt go his way and the Algerians marked him out massively. De Bruyne bossed the 2nd half when he moved to the pivot, thats what you would expect from Eden for Belgium. Taking control and leading your team instead of hiding.

Also something I dont get is, why at some games, he isnt going at any one on ones anymore. He is so great at it, but instead of trying to beat the opponents player, he passes the ball backwards and relaxes. dont get him at all sometimes. Needs to up his footballing intelligence.

kellzfresh likes this

he was really, really awful beside the assist. dont know whats going on with him, seemed like he didnt even care and was jogging aroudn the pitch like a 3 times world footballer ffs

Huh? You must have been watching a different game. He was far from awful. He was getting no overlapping runs and was getting marked by 2/3 men each time he got the ball. He had a brilliant cross that no one ran into set up Vertonghen overlap with a back heel. Set up goal #2 with half the field run then passing to Mertens. He also drew a free kick on the edge of the box after beating two men. Sent Chadli through on goal on a 1-2.

Has the level of expectation for him gotten too large?

mediator likes this

My only dislike on him is lack of desire and passion. He should be more hungry of success and try to get on ball more often, however I think in Belgium team, his role is not as big as is in chelsea. In our club, he is player #1, in Belgium, the players are more equal and less dependant on Eden.

To conclude, he will need to have more influence and impact in games, he needs to show more, maybe he is still not completely ready after hard season and injury. I dunno.

If you look Neymar, Gotze,...they want to get on ball all the time, they want to take on players, be in center of play. However Hazard doesnt realy care, just waiting someone to pass to him and look waaay too much "relaxed"...

iseah100, yuvala and mediator like this

My only dislike on him is lack of desire and passion. He should be more hungry of success and try to get on ball more often, however I think in Belgium team, his role is not as big as is in chelsea. In our club, he is player #1, in Belgium, the players are more equal and less dependant on Eden.

To conclude, he will need to have more influence and impact in games, he needs to show more, maybe he is still not completely ready after hard season and injury. I dunno.

If you look Neymar, Gotze,...they want to get on ball all the time, they want to take on players, be in center of play. However Hazard doesnt realy care, just waiting someone to pass to him and look waaay too much "relaxed"...

It's cause Hazard is a G.

did u guys watch the game?

hazard was been shut out by 2-3 players marking him when he has the ball!!!

and there was no teammate to help him!

the amount of times he got tripped over by the algeria defenders was been ignored by the referees for FKs....

if we really want hazard to flourish, he needs to play centre or have a more free role

Exaclty what most of us have been saying for a while. No support = no party.

Also, he again proved how dangerous he's when staying higher on a the pitch when opponent has the ball for a possible counter... But I guess people will still want him to become a left back when opponent has possession.

Styles likes this