Eden Hazard

the wes

The thing with Hazard is that since he joined us, we have actually only seen his talent and abilities in glimpses and patches and I don't think we have yet to really see him play a match well from the first till the last minute of a game. Usually, he only does well and suddenly turn in out in parts during matches. Maybe it's because of his talent and abilities that we have high expectations and expect big things from him every time but given that, I would really like to see a tad more consistent performances, despite the young age, not just bits and pieces here and there. And maybe it's also due to the fact that he's no longer the big fish in a small pond like he was at Lille but I certainly want to see him perform at full flow because right now, he's not doing too much that his talent suggests he can.

What i wonder is are we judging him on how good he is now or his potential when he joined?

He was the hottest young property at Lillie and getting hype beyond all means and hasn't quite reached his obvious potential, but despite it being widely regarded he has been under par this season, hasn't he created the most chances out of anyone this season?

What i wonder is are we judging him on how good he is now or his potential when he joined?

He was the hottest young property at Lillie and getting hype beyond all means and hasn't quite reached his obvious potential, but despite it being widely regarded he has been under par this season, hasn't he created the most chances out of anyone this season?

That's the thing with hyped up players, the media creates an image of the so called new Messi or Ronaldo or whatever and inadvertently people use it as a benchmark to judge said players.

People on here will criticize him even if he is our motm because he is called Hazard and 'we all know his potential, he should do better'. This is such a flawed way of thinking and will only set you up to be disappointed more often than not.

He is Eden Hazard, not Ronaldo, we saw what he can do last year, he hasn't reached his level from his Lille days but tbh people need to cut him some slack and let him grow.

That's the thing with hyped up players, the media creates an image of the so called new Messi or Ronaldo or whatever and inadvertently people use it as a benchmark to judge said players.

People on here will criticize him even if he is our motm because he is called Hazard and 'we all know his potential, he should do better'. This is such a flawed way of thinking and will only set you up to be disappointed more often than not.

He is Eden Hazard, not Ronaldo, we saw what he can do last year, he hasn't reached his level from his Lille days but tbh people need to cut him some slack and let him grow.

I think its always good to push everyone so they play better. We know Hazard can play better, Mourinho knows it. Lets hope he has the same mentality as many people here saying he should do better.

But not as good and consistent as he can (or should) be.

True but my comment was more directed at people who think he should be benched (as if that would magically make him play better) and act like he's playing piss poor all the time.

I was just watching a video of Torres and at the end Eden Hazard says, Feroze17 on camera!

Isn't he a member here?

He is. I remember his post about that....think it was a competition he won and Eden didn't say the entire thing he submitted....or something like that

Liked what i saw from him in the first half today, good control and beating people with ease.

But i don't think he had a shot, which is the frustrating aspect of his game. There's 2-3 shots there for him every game, but he doesn't want to take it.

Liked what i saw from him in the first half today, good control and beating people with ease.

But i don't think he had a shot, which is the frustrating aspect of his game. There's 2-3 shots there for him every game, but he doesn't want to take it.

He should be taking more shots, he's blessed with shot power and should be putting the fear of God into his opponents

Well said. Fully agree

and somehow people blame this on the defending responsibility he's assumed this season and I just can't link one thing to another...

The only problem a player who isn't used to press can have once they start doing it, is getting tired faster or more than they usually did. Hazard is supposed to be one of our faster players, so if he's pressing someone in the first third, maybe he won't be where he usually was (waiting in the second as he watched the game), but he's fast, he can win the ball in the first/second half and run with it, or he can receive a pass from who intercepted it. That (and getting tired) should be the only detractors on his play because he's defending.

What does defending have to do with the horrible ball control he showed in the perfect pass Oscar gave to him? I see people blaming Willian - who is short and not used to heading the ball - missing a sitter header, but I literally saw no one complaining about the ball that Hazard received that could have won us the game... but his first touch was so poor, that the only time in the match we actually had one splitting pass from our AMs was completely wasted.

I agree he's facing some confidence issues. I've touched that weeks (I guess months) ago in this thread when I said I wish he was more like Neymar in that aspect: just tried the dribble, if he misses a few of them, it's part of risk and the game, he'll probably be successful in a few others. When he receives the ball and does nothing with it, but pass backwards or to the side it has nothing to do with the defending responsibility he now has. And I can't think why pressing would affect his confidence either, so I think the problem is more on Hazard than on the tactics, but lately almost everyone blame the tactics and the manager for the players poor form. I'm not exempting Mourinho, it's part of his job work with his players for them to improve their form, but it's also laughable exempt a player like Hazard from his own bad shape. He's been average at most this season and maybe, just maybe, his defensive responsibility affected that, but it's not the biggest cause imo because it makes no sense. He continues to receive a huge amount of passes in the final third. Against Newcastle no other player received more passes in the final third than Hazard did (others matches too) and except those two occasions he and Mata pretended they were playing for Barcelona, he produced nothing... how can we blame that on defending responsibilities or tactics?

He should be taking more shots, he's blessed with shot power and should be putting the fear of God into his opponents

He's to much of a feeder, hopefully he change to a real killer

True that. Why does the majority here want to change his game? It would be unnatural for him. He'll get there and add more goals to his game, in time. But his main game will always be that of a feeder. I highly doubt we'll ever see him take take 5-6 shots a game on average.

Anyway, Eden was really bossing it last night vs .Colombia, he was a delight to watch. I haven't seen him play like that for Chelsea this season besides the match against Real Madrid (preseason) and Bayern. I was really surprised actually, given his current form for Chelsea. Yesterday, if I recall correct, there was only one opportunity where he could've taken the shot. Definitely not 3 or 4.