David Luiz

the wes

Playing for PSG is my job but if it were up to me than I would not go back.

Bring this boy home...

Maybe there is going to be a massive exodus in january, PSG has a lot of players i'd like to snap up.

Verratti anyone?! :wub:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3318837/David-Luiz-does-not-want-return-Paris-Saint-Germain-fears-family-s-safety-following-terror-attacks-France.html

Bring this boy home...

Maybe there is going to be a massive exodus in january, PSG has a lot of players i'd like to snap up.

Verratti anyone?! :wub:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3318837/David-Luiz-does-not-want-return-Paris-Saint-Germain-fears-family-s-safety-following-terror-attacks-France.html

Verratti? YES PLEASE! Would be the perfect midfielder and a good upgrade for Ramires as he knows how to play a simple pass!

• 1 month later...

What a disappointment sale this was, but I don't think anyone can disagree with the club for accepting £50m for him. Everyone's got their price, that's football.

Yes, no one can complain about the money.

I'm a bit confused, was it really pounds?

I thought Euros, but that would be still okay, imo.

There seems to be a disagreement within the media, i think.

Anyways, i don't want to be a penny pincher...

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/15868/david-luiz

Yes, no one can complain about the money.

I'm a bit confused, was it really pounds?

I thought Euros, but that would be still okay, imo.

There seems to be a disagreement within the media, i think.

Anyways, i don't want to be a penny pincher...

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/15868/david-luiz

Euros or Pounds, still a big amount of money.

Our failure came in not reinvesting that on another world-class CB there and then.

Our failure came in not reinvesting that on another world-class CB there and then.

I thought we spent the money on guys like Fabregas, Costa, Luis and so on. More importantly, never forget to include these young 'talents',
we buy a lot of them and they all cost between 1-10 mio., in the end that leads you to a very big sum, imo.

What about Nathan? What about Piazon? I could go all day.

A guy like Stones would have most likely fucked up Christensen's future at the club, but i get where you're coming from,
we can't show consideration for them. We need to act more egoistically, imo.

We should have spent more wisely and bought some players, for me, especially in midfield, overall, i agree with you.

Regards!

I thought we spent the money on guys like Fabregas, Costa, Luis and so on. More importantly, never forget to include these young 'talents',

we buy a lot of them and they all cost between 1-10 mio., in the end that leads you to a very big sum, imo.

What about Nathan? What about Piazon? I could go all day.

A guy like Stones would have most likely fucked up Christensen's future at the club, but i get where you're coming from,

we can't show consideration for them. We need to act more egoistically, imo.

We should have spent more wisely and bought some players, for me, especially in midfield, overall, i agree with you.

Regards!

In the broad sense, yeah the money from Mata, KdB, Lukaku & Luiz did go far to fund our acquisitions that you've mentioned. But we've seen that again, lack of vision and foresight by the club means we are looking back on the sales of these guys with deeper regret than usual.

In a nutshell; we decided to buy band-aids, by selling bandages.

In the broad sense, yeah the money from Mata, KdB, Lukaku & Luiz did go far to fund our acquisitions that you've mentioned. But we've seen that again, lack of vision and foresight by the club means we are looking back on the sales of these guys with deeper regret than usual.

In a nutshell; we decided to buy band-aids, by selling bandages.

De Bruyne is the one who got away, he's a very good player, i'll give you that.

There are multiple reasons why it didn't work out, it's on both parties, imo.

Instead of Luiz, we have Matic and Fabregas around, Fabregas has become a big liability but there's hope for Matic, it's still a possibility that he can get back to his very best, imo. He has to do it consistently, but i don't see a reason why that can't happen in the future, imo.

You said it yourself, the money was good and more importantly, i think Luiz wanted the shift by himself.

Lukaku is having a great season, but is he really better than Costa?

We'll have to give Costa more time, last season he was up there with the very best, imo, but this season, it's not over yet.

Lukaku wanted to play, difficult when Costa is around.

For me, it's still unclear, but yes, Lukaku is a good player, one of his goals against Stoke was Drogba-esque, imo. Pure power! :wub:

The selling of Juan Mata was perfect, imo.

He isn't the player who was one of the best playmakers in the league anymore, one can say daylight robbery for United,

for example take a closer look at his last game:

Brilliant shot, but then he faded away, that's not what a ~50 mio. player should do, he is a nice guy, that spares him some criticism, imo.

We should play the likes of Loftus-Cheek, Baba, Kenedy, Traoré and so on more often.

Still enough bandages in the boat, but you have to use it, yes, that's also on Jose, he should have known better!

Hope Guus gets this one right! We have nothing to lose anymore but everything to gain, imo.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't think he did anything wrong in the KdB goal - he does not look composed in his defending so he stands out even when not doing anything wrong. It was a counter with city attacking with many players - only so much defenders can do.

my prob with him as a defender isn't with the mistakes, but rather with the mistakes he doesn't even make by being completely out of position... 

• 4 months later...