David Luiz

the wes

It's criminal how this guy is so underrated by our fanbase. Cahill even at his peak couldn't even lace this guy's boots, yet we seem to be afraid of having someone who would easily start for us back again.

If this rumor is true, then it's basically Marquinhos 2.0, panic bid in the last seconds.

18 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

It's criminal how this guy is so underrated by our fanbase.

Can you explain why he is so criminally underrated by our fans?

I cannot speak for everybody, but I was happier than a pig in shit when we sold him. While he does have a great personality and a connection with our fans. 

He was and appears to still be a very poor defender so I can't understand how anyone would be happy to have him back. Especially when you take into account how awful we have been defensively in the these early stages of the season.

I can't confirm any offer from Chelsea for David Luiz, but he could leave PSG for a good price. It would be surprising... #CFC

Just, David Luiz will not be a starter under new PSG manager Unai Emery. Marquinhos is not for sale and will play with Silva as CB. #CFC

12 minutes ago, Green Lantern18 said:

Can you explain why he is so criminally underrated by our fans?

I cannot speak for everybody, but I was happier than a pig in shit when we sold him. While he does have a great personality and a connection with our fans. 

He was and appears to still be a very poor defender so I can't understand how anyone would be happy to have him back. Especially when you take into account how awful we have been defensively in the these early stages of the season.

Him being a poor defender is a myth. David Luiz is very good CB and there is a reason he starts for one of the best clubs in the world. You talk about the odd mistake in him, yet someone like Cahill makes idiotic mistakes much more than Luiz.

Also, David Luiz was always great for us. How he performed for Brazil or anyone else does not concern me. He would easily be by far our best center-back, and he is also very good with the ball. It would be a great signing imo.

I can understand why people would want Luiz back but at the same time, I can't understand it either. People seem to have forgotten that's he incredibly error prone player and tends to make plenty of boneheaded mistakes and got slaughtered for them by many of us. IF Conte intends to use him in midfield, then this might be a decent deal. But if it's in defence, then maybe not. The only thing that's making this tempting is the price quoted, assuming Daily Mail isn't talking BS to begin with.