David Luiz

the wes

Well, as the little flag above my name says, i come from Italy. Producing world class CB was our hobby not too long ago, as a representative of the nation i can say with all honesty: Luiz is a very poor CB, getting rid of him for 50m was a master stroke :D
Would've been useful now? Yes, because we're utter shit.
Would've been an upgrade on last season defence? NO!

Let's keep developing the French Hulk and let's get Stones.

A lot of fans outside of Chelsea mock Chelsea in general so what is your point.

David Luiz was and is better cb than anyone on the team. The money being brought back is irrelevant.

JT is retiring soon and Cahill is better off being a 3rd cb. Zouma still needs time and grooming. We were going to spend how much for John Stones? Money means nothing, especially when you are making transfers like that.

Fact is Luiz would of been a viable option at the CB/CM position and the leader to the brazilian players. A future captain and our only proactive defender. Unless you enjoying watching these guys with their hand back backpedeling all game long. Also, barcelona made boateng look like a sunday league player too in Champions league

Because you said he would start for any team outside Chelsea. That is not true. A lot of teams would laugh at paying over £30m for him. Well Luiz as a defender was not better than the Terry in our team last season. If you like the style of playing with the ball then Luiz is your man. For those who don't want that, he is not ideal. You can not tell me Luiz was better than Terry last season.

But, yeah I agree right now Luiz would have been an excellent option for us. Versatile too and his positives outweigh his negatives. But you only have to see the forums when Luiz was here of the people who thought he was a nightmare waiting to happen. Not me, as I liked him and like you I would rather have ball playing defenders in my team like him rather than a defender who does not have that much qualities on the ball.

Because you said he would start for any team outside Chelsea. That is not true. A lot of teams would laugh at paying over £30m for him. Well Luiz as a defender was not better than the Terry in our team last season. If you like the style of playing with the ball then Luiz is your man. For those who don't want that, he is not ideal. You can not tell me Luiz was better than Terry last season.

But, yeah I agree right now Luiz would have been an excellent option for us. Versatile too and his positives outweigh his negatives. But you only have to see the forums when Luiz was here of the people who thought he was a nightmare waiting to happen. Not me, as I liked him and like you I would rather have ball playing defenders in my team like him rather than a defender who does not have that much qualities on the ball.

Only Jose didn't start him and maybe Carlo at Real wouldn't.

There is a good chance Luiz would of started at bayern, city, barcelona, etc. Also, a lot of teams were willing to pay good money for him, just not PSG money. JT weaknesses were there last season as was Cahill. JT didn't just get slow this summer. Once matic, oscar and cesc played subparly in the second half, the cbs weren't as good as you make them out to be.

Only Jose didn't start him and maybe Carlo at Real wouldn't.

There is a good chance Luiz would of started at bayern, city, barcelona, etc. Also, a lot of teams were willing to pay good money for him, just not PSG money. JT weaknesses were there last season as was Cahill. JT didn't just get slow this summer. Once matic, oscar and cesc played subparly in the second half, the cbs weren't as good as you make them out to be.

Luiz was only saved being dropped by the other managers because we had not got Matic and he use to cover in the DM role when it turned out he could do a good role there. If Matic was here when our previous managers where here Luiz would have been dropped quite a few times for sure. Terry was excellent in the league last season. He had a poor game against Spurs, WBA and his lack of pace was exposed against Southampton but apart from that he was formidable and was one of the best performing CB in Europe. Luiz has a lot of qualities like I said but he is not this great defensive god as you make him out to be. PSG would have won the league with him or without him last season however in Europe he let them down on the big stage.

Jose has made a lot of mistakes with transfers etc but selling Luiz was not a bad error. Now at this moment you look at things and think you could do with him but season after he left, we won the league and had one of the best defensive records in the country if not the best IIRC.

Luiz was only saved being dropped by the other managers because we had not got Matic and he use to cover in the DM role when it turned out he could do a good role there. If Matic was here when our previous managers where here Luiz would have been dropped quite a few times for sure. Terry was excellent in the league last season. He had a poor game against Spurs, WBA and his lack of pace was exposed against Southampton but apart from that he was formidable and was one of the best performing CB in Europe. Luiz has a lot of qualities like I said but he is not this great defensive god as you make him out to be. PSG would have won the league with him or without him last season however in Europe he let them down on the big stage.

Jose has made a lot of mistakes with transfers etc but selling Luiz was not a bad error. Now at this moment you look at things and think you could do with him but season after he left, we won the league and had one of the best defensive records in the country if not the best IIRC.

We won the league when oscar, matic, Costa and cesc fell off the mark in 2015. JT was great, but JT was a product of Jose covering his apparent deficiencies, especially using Dave to compensate on the left side for JT. We would of won the league with Luiz on the team instead of JT or Cahill and probably progressed more in the champions league. He played Barcelona injured if you remembered.

Selling Luiz was a mistake, unlike our ams. Luis is and was our only proactive cb and the team last season would of still been one of the best defensive records in England regardless.

Luiz is a proactive type of defender, but he was full of errors for us. I honestly thought he was genius at times, and a clown at times, so not good and reliable enough.

But in midfield I liked him very much, the only way he would be good enough for us is in midfield with Matic, or replacing Matic. In midfield he could fulfill his dream to go forward with the ball, taking long shots etc, while being good at doing the defensive duties.

On selling him, it was pure for FFP like many of our other sales. Mou played Luiz as holder in CL instead of Mikel. He played him next to Matic in the league instead of Lampard and Ramires, so we could see Mourinho liked him .

• 3 weeks later...

This pic confused me for a second. :P

fz69zr.jpg

I looked this guy up. His name is Wout Faes, captain of the U17 squad that made it to the Semi Finals (still going on) and a central defender playing for Anderlecht. Apparently both Chelsea and Man Utd have sent scouts in the past. Could have another Luiz in 5 years. ;-)

Would be hilarious to see what happens when Mourinho is appointed new PSG manager next summer, will this guy get send back to us for a cut price deal haha?

I read an article in L'Equipe not too long ago. It said Mourinho's not a candidate because of his style. They want a manager who will continue their current brand of football and hopefully elevate them to a new level. And it also mentioned how Mourinho's relationship with Luiz plays a factor in not appointing him as manager if they had the chance.

I don't know if it's true but at least there's logic in the reasoning.

I actually enjoy watching PSG. Would be annoyed if he brings his shit football to Paris.

Might be able to sign a couple of their players for good prices after they fall out with Mourinho because of that so cannot always look on the negative side :D