David Luiz

the wes

we bought cuadrado with schurlle money. no link whatsoever. we bought zouma as a luiz replacement. its turning out to be quite a good thing.

I know that.

I'm saying that we lost a viable Cb/Cm because of Money... Money we didn't need and a player that we would/could of used last season and this coming season.

Luiz could of started/covered as cb and CM and we wouldn't have any problems like overpaying John Stones or giving mikel/rambo cm mins.

I know that.

I'm saying that we lost a viable Cb/Cm because of Money... Money we didn't need and a player that we would/could of used last season and this coming season.

Luiz could of started/covered as cb and CM and we wouldn't have any problems like overpaying John Stones or giving mikel/rambo cm mins.

selling luiz meant giving zouma minutes and developing them.

cant argue about stones though. 30 mil for john stones is one of the most hilarious things i have heard after luiz for 50mil or luiz in the fifa team of the year.

• 3 weeks later...

Never replaced him in midfield.

For me luiz matic >>>>> cesc matic any day

( im not advocating leaving out cesc)

Matic used to share forward passing with luiz , now he doesn't risk it. Cesc has made matic less effective.

We need someone of luiz`s presence and ability

Matic used to share forward passing with luiz , now he doesn't risk it. Cesc has made matic less effective.

Good point there mate. I believe the last time CFC won @ emirates was when we had the Luiz-Matic pairing. Happy Days those were. I missing Boring, Boring Chelsea.

Actually the Matic from last season (especially until January) when paired with Cesc was better than in 13/14.

• 3 weeks later...

People are forgetting we sold him for £50m. For a good, but not exceptional player, you don't turn that money down. Especially when you look how we reinvested it in Costa and Fabregas last summer.

Money was never needed. We lost a potential future captain, our best CB, and steel/quality in the midfield.

Especially, with the ridiculous bid on Stones, Luiz never should of been sold.

Money was never needed. We lost a potential future captain, our best CB, and steel/quality in the midfield.

Especially, with the ridiculous bid on Stones, Luiz never should of been sold.

1) IMO, he was never captain material. Captains needs to take responsibility, not run around playing practical jokes on people and sticking their tongue out for the cameras.

2) Never in his time at Chelsea did he establish himself as "our best CB". He had some outstanding games but if he was as good as you make out, Gary Cahill, who is bang average, wouldn't still be first-choice.

3) He was a square peg in a round hole in the midfield. He did a decent job in one or two games, but other than that, Gary Neville was correct with his Playstation analogy.