David Luiz

the wes

I do think Luiz could become a great captain one day, but he'd have to learn from Terry and Lamps. Terry was always the perfect captain to me, like you guys said, always so passionate but seemed to be level-headed and intelligent when needed.

Such a tough act to follow, but where Luiz will always shine is by showing more passion than humanly possible. :wub:

Was slightly better today in midfield, but was still attracted too much to the ball which inevitably lead to huge positioning mistakes and unfortunately one of them cost us two points.

Ironically, had he started at the back, we probably would not have conceded the first goal.

Should have stayed with siggurdson.

not really,he would only stop the goal if he ran like an idiot in front of siggurdson even before Adebayor touched the ball.Not to mention the penalty area was already crowded

i dont think that goal was anyone's fault, Adebayor had enough class to pull that move out

Was slightly better today in midfield, but was still attracted too much to the ball which inevitably lead to huge positioning mistakes and unfortunately one of them cost us two points.

Ironically, had he started at the back, we probably would not have conceded the first goal.

Really? i thought he was poor.

He's not a Midfielder, simple as. I find it astonishing that these so called 'pundits' on sky think he's better in midfield .. clearly they only watch him play against pub sides in the Europa league.

Really? i thought he was poor.

He's not a Midfielder, simple as. I find it astonishing that these so called 'pundits' on sky think he's better in midfield .. clearly they only watch him play against pub sides in the Europa league.

Was worse against Basel, imo, but today he didn't have those individual moments of magic in attack. Completely agree that he belongs defense. Pundits are just riding the trend of praising Luiz in midfield. you honestly think half those idiots know what they're talking about?!

He was okay yesterday, broke up play quite well but overall he was just about average. I think he should've played at CB, would've handled Adebayor a lot better than Cahill did.

I think he was struggling all game with a slight pull in his leg. He was ok in the first half but he did look abit pedestrian and stuck on his heels at times. Lucky Ramires had a very good game to make up for a half decent Luiz performance.

I think he was struggling all game with a slight pull in his leg. He was ok in the first half but he did look abit pedestrian and stuck on his heels at times. Lucky Ramires had a very good game to make up for a half decent Luiz performance.

Yeah I agree. Luiz and Ramires ran out of steam in the last 15 or so, which definitely coincidences with Tottenham's equaliser. How Rafa then decided to take off a hard working Oscar who helps the pivot, who were really tiring, a lot defensively and then sticks on Benayoun... I don't know. I was speechless. The logical thing would be to bring on Lampard who's a lot better defensively than Benayoun and also gives you a better offensive outlet.

Yeah I agree. Luiz and Ramires ran out of steam in the last 15 or so, which definitely coincidences with Tottenham's equaliser. How Rafa then decided to take off a hard working Oscar who helps the pivot, who were early tiring, a lot defensively and then sticks on Benayoun... I don't know. I was speechless. The logical thing would be to bring on Lampard who's a lot better defensively than Benayoun and also gives you a better offensive outlet.

It was insanity working in the guise of a fat Spanish hypocryte. I could barely believe it either. Oscar was excellent with his tackling and never ending energetic chasing down of the oppisition. I really felt like I saw Oscars best game for us yesterday and Rafa should have brought Lamps on and moved Oscar, Lamps and Rami into a 3 man defensive mid to protect our lead.

Luiz had a shocker. I know it's a bit harsh on him but it's maddening to think how good he is in defence and how average he is in midfield. For eg, look at the passes he played against Man United - he had more time and more space but in midfield he doesn't get that time and space. Jason made this point somewhere . His hurried passes are very poor imo and his tendency to go long is infuriating. Only 1 or 2 long-passes came off yesterday and he broke up a lot of counter-attacks as a consequence

He was awful yesterday and proved why he's isn't a midfielder. I hope we never see him there again after this season. He's a very good and potentially great CB. If he played as a CB last night I don't think we concede either of the two goals scored against us.

He can't keep his position and we were exposed in midfield all night.

He was awful yesterday and proved why he's isn't a midfielder. I hope we never see him there again after this season. He's a very good and potentially great CB. If he played as a CB last night I don't think we concede either of the two goals scored against us.

He can't keep his position and we were exposed in midfield all night.

kneejerk much?

Who would you rather play in the midfield then out of our other midfielders?

Yes he was at fault for the second goal but its not like our other midfielders don't make those mistakes.

Mikel lost Nasri in the FA CUp semi but with Luiz you have an upside that he will contribute the occasional goal and also he will make something happen with our possession rather than passing them back to our CBs.

He had a poor game by his recent standards, yes, but you have to realise he was playing Spurs, rather than Basel. Spurs have a very dynamic midfield and it is difficult to keep tabs on individual players. You don't just watch for Bale, but you have to starve Holtby of possession as he is their little creative maestro, the same way you devoid Lennon of space to exploit and you close down Huddlestone and Parker down quickly because they panic when under pressure on occasion. That's a lot of work for one guy.

Personally I think yesterday's game was set up perfectly for Mikel, but sadly with his injury, Luiz is the next best option we have there.