Spike

No one county or group is able to stand against the US imperialism.

The funny thing is that US imperialism is so advanced that by only typing this they benefit from it.

It comes in many ways and the best thing is that people and the media get too focused on the direct impacts, which are defnetly the least harmful.

About their dominance, it will never crumble to only one nation. It will be devided in the future. USA will stil be a force, but less powerfull. Someone will take credit at one of their major abilities (cultural, political, economical, etc). There is not anyone able to dominate in so many ways

We gotta give them credit for beeing able to spread their influence so much, it is quite amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

The main thing I absolutely detest about the USA is how much rubbish culture they export. Australian TV is dominated by American programming to the point where kids start using American colloquialisms that don't make that much sense in our culture. For instance "I got to third base with my girlfriend last night", what the hell does that even mean? If I hadn't played baseball once as a child I'd have no idea where the phrase originated from; besides that what so good about third base that it can be compared with getting lucky? The USA is further dilluting an already ambigious and insecure national identity.

And what fucking pisses me off the most is when I have to select a language for a movie, website, game, etc. and next to the 'English' option it has a large American flag. What the fuck is this shit? English doesn't come from the USA, it should have a Union Jack displayed instead of old stars 'n stripes.

Also there is the how Americans view Australia. "THRO ANUTHA SHRIMP ON DA BARBIE". Fuck you we don't sound or talk like that. For starters we say prawn not shrimp and secondly fuck you. I met an Americunt once and he mentioned how surprised he was when he found out we don't ride fucking kangaroos around the country. Steve Irwin is the only Australian ever to actually sincerely use the word 'crikey'. I don't think any country's slang has been misrepresented as much as Australia's.

I met an Americunt once and he mentioned how surprised he was when he found out we don't ride fucking kangaroos around the country.

You dont do that?

To be honest, I was once asked if there wasnt monkeys on the streets...Seriously?

It was at Chicago in 2006 btw.

I get your point, but it is just their view of the world. Since they are the strongest and most dominat nation, it is basically what propagues to the world. To be fair, if Australia or Brazil were to be the top nation of Earth, wherever we get a totally wrong view would feel just they way we do.

LOL, me neither but there are certain thing we need to pay close attention to though, since it will affect our lives (US Election, UNSC, China, etc)

Yeah, the USA presidential elections probably have larger repurcussions on my life that the Australian federal elections.