Spike

Colorado legalized weed. smiley-rolling-joint.gifgetting-stoned.gifpassing-joint-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edit: AND Washington!

HOLD THE PHONE..what are the rules behind this?

Can you walk down the street smoking a dooby? or is it Amsterdam style?

Thats a pretty big step.

2 states approve gay marriage, thats pretty cool too

Thats a pretty big step.

I think smoking has to be done in private and you must be at least 21 years of age.

Thats a pretty big step.

And elected the first openly gay senator as well. It's funny for us Canadians to see conservatives in the US go ballistic about things like Marijuana and gay marriage. We've had gay marriage for a while, I think we have marijuana laws, but they are not enforced (beyond busting big dealers.) and society hasn't crumbled into some sort of drugged-out gay orgy like Republicans say would happen. The war on drugs is an absolute disaster. It has no accomplished anything and has led to arresting, prosecuting, and jailing millions of people for minor offenses, costing the state billions and people their entire lives. I'm not saying everything should be legalized, that goes to far, but for Marijuana, it should just be like alcohol. (I was in L.A. recently and there it is everywhere. There are pot stores all over the place. You just need a "doctor's note" and a California driver's licence.

BTW Kieran, instead of leaving the US, I would suggest just going to a liberal city. I travel to the US fairly frequently and always feel at home in New York and L.A. and places like that. (And like I'm in a different world in Republican sort of places). International cities often have more in common with themselves than with their own countries. (Centres of culture, multicultural, tolerant, etc...)

Wonder how you'd buy it? Government will tax it no doubt.

You buy it in little shops. Dispenser or something they are called. Watch a documentary called "Super High Me" and you'll get an understanding how the shops work. I'm sure you'll be able to find the doco on a torrent site. Not that I condone that sort of thing...

You buy it in little shops. Dispenser or something they are called. Watch a documentary called "Super High Me" and you'll get an understanding how the shops work. I'm sure you'll be able to find the doco on a torrent site. Not that I condone that sort of thing...

Oh yup, I know what you mean now. There was something called the Dacktory in Auckland, kind of like that, stayed around for a while surprisingly. Think because the owners deemed it as a silent protest or some shit.

And elected the first openly gay senator as well. It's funny for us Canadians to see conservatives in the US go ballistic about things like Marijuana and gay marriage. We've had gay marriage for a while, I think we have marijuana laws, but they are not enforced (beyond busting big dealers.) and society hasn't crumbled into some sort of drugged-out gay orgy like Republicans say would happen. The war on drugs is an absolute disaster. It has no accomplished anything and has led to arresting, prosecuting, and jailing millions of people for minor offenses, costing the state billions and people their entire lives. I'm not saying everything should be legalized, that goes to far, but for Marijuana, it should just be like alcohol. (I was in L.A. recently and there it is everywhere. There are pot stores all over the place. You just need a "doctor's note" and a California driver's licence.

BTW Kieran, instead of leaving the US, I would suggest just going to a liberal city. I travel to the US fairly frequently and always feel at home in New York and L.A. and places like that. (And like I'm in a different world in Republican sort of places). International cities often have more in common with themselves than with their own countries. (Centres of culture, multicultural, tolerant, etc...)

Laughed sooo hard at the bold bit!!

War on drugs is ridiculous! Whats a stoner gonna do? Pretty sure majority of smokers cant be fucked committing a serious crime. Cocaine and meth i understand, that ruins lives, but weed just makes you extremely hungry and tired.

Raging conservatives like this one? (Sorry the pic is massive)

VPqCu.jpg

The only difference you make by voting is choosing which rich man gets even richer.

I used to think that, but the 2000 American election changed my mind, Al Gore would have been flawed but would also have been so so so much better than Bush. There is no way that Gore would have invaded Iraq. Gore would have brought up the environment regularly and tried to do something, anything, Gore wouldn't have given that insane tax cut to the super rich which screwed the US too. Even this election is similar. I don't think Romney himself is all that conservative, but his White House would have cut taxes to the rich further, increased military spending enormously,try to cut back on peoples' rights, cut basic social programs, and used "we're number 1" as his foreign policy. Obama will raise taxes on the rich, decrease (not enough) military spending, and is much more conservative (with a small C) in foreign policy. That's not to say that he's going to do a great job anywhere, just that there is a huge difference between a mediocre president and a disastrous one.

Also there is the how Americans view Australia. "THRO ANUTHA SHRIMP ON DA BARBIE". Fuck you we don't sound or talk like that. For starters we say prawn not shrimp and secondly fuck you. I met an Americunt once and he mentioned how surprised he was when he found out we don't ride fucking kangaroos around the country. Steve Irwin is the only Australian ever to actually sincerely use the word 'crikey'. I don't think any country's slang has been misrepresented as much as Australia's.

I hear you. I don't even remember how many times I've had an American ask me what it's like to have polar bears walking the streets here in Finland even though it's a fact that not a single polar bear even lives in this country. Ignorant cunts. :lol:

I used to think that, but the 2000 American election changed my mind, Al Gore would have been flawed but would also have been so so so much better than Bush. There is no way that Gore would have invaded Iraq. Gore would have brought up the environment regularly and tried to do something, anything, Gore wouldn't have given that insane tax cut to the super rich which screwed the US too. Even this election is similar. I don't think Romney himself is all that conservative, but his White House would have cut taxes to the rich further, increased military spending enormously,try to cut back on peoples' rights, cut basic social programs, and used "we're number 1" as his foreign policy. Obama will raise taxes on the rich, decrease (not enough) military spending, and is much more conservative (with a small C) in foreign policy. That's not to say that he's going to do a great job anywhere, just that there is a huge difference between a mediocre president and a disastrous one.

The invasion of Iraq, or any invasion for that matter, must have taken years of studying, planning and sorting out logistics. The decision was made before that idiot got into office, imo. Besides, I just can't imagine that such important strategic military decisions are made by someone with no military and strategic experience whatsoever. These decisions, imo, are made by the generals and the military advisers.

his White House would have cut taxes to the rich further, increased military spending enormously

But that is exactly what Obama did in his first presidency. He started by giving out a huge bail-out for the corporates that caused the crisis in the first place, he failed for 4 years to make medical security happen, he adopted right wing foreign policies including terror drones in Afghanistan, the invasion of Libya, funding and arming Muslim extremists in Syria and he even called the record military help the US paid to Israel "an achievement" despite it coming in the worst economical crisis in the history of the country. He ended up passing the tea party's tax bill, he couldn't even shut down Guantanamo prison despite vowing that it would be the first thing he would do if elected.

The only thing a republican president would have done differently is the speech, but action wise, it is the exact same thing.

I hear you. I don't even remember how many times I've had an American ask me what it's like to have polar bears walking the streets here in Finland even though it's a fact that not a single polar bear even lives in this country. Ignorant cunts. :lol:

I imagine Finlanders as people with funny accents and a good appetite for drink. So essentially exactly the same as half the world.

A lot of Americans come to Edinburgh in Scotland the whole time to see the Edinburgh castle right and its on an old volcano thing which means its a fair bit above the rest of the city yeah but they still asked me where is the castle when I was going to see it with my parents a few years back? What this has to do with politics I don't know but yeah... get Americans a map of Edinburgh....

Americans ask us if everyone owns a sheep, or if we were one of the orcs in lord of the rings..

Wtf hahaha an orc from lord of the rings... just get the one ring to destroy them all that Sauron made to kill them.

Sorry couldn't resist haha :Goober: !

Is this shit about Romney being a Mormon true?

Plenty of Americunts are Mormon. It's the big religion in some of those weird middle states.

Isn't it not basically just a religion about Joseph Smitz who dug up gold plates and used a hat to translate or something... or thats how south park showed it as. If its that how can you possibly believe that? Absolute bullshit by the sounds of it.

Isn't it not basically just a religion about Joseph Smitz who dug up gold plates and used a hat to translate or something... or thats how south park showed it as. If its that how can you possibly believe that? Absolute bullshit by the sounds of it.

It's a splinter religion of Christianity. Considered heretical by the holy and infallible Catholic Church.

I imagine Finlanders as people with funny accents and a good appetite for drink. So essentially exactly the same as half the world.

That's actually pretty accurate. At least that fits myself and most of the people I know. :lol: