Spike

Very close race, Romney would have won had he gotten more than the 72% of white votes he did. That number is just too low, especially considering the minorities favour Obama.

But fair play to Obama and his campaign team, they did a good job once again.

Yeah, the USA presidential elections probably have larger repurcussions on my life that the Australian federal elections.

Really? Like if I said it was...

Of course Australian election is more important for you than the US election. That does not mean US is not important...

Really? Like if I said it was...

Of course Australian election is more important for you than the US election. That does not mean US is not important...

Well for a while all the Australian Prime Ministers were doing what the American President thinks is cool. George W Bush wants to invade Iraq? Well, fuck looks like the ANZUS treaty has fucked us over once again. We have to go to war if America does, if we got to war they can if they feel like it.

So yes, the USA does affect Australia a lot.

2000 Aussies are in Afghanistan right now fighting a war for another country.

500 Australians dead and 3000 injured in Vietnam because COMMUNISM IS EVIL.

Gulf War

Iraq

Korean War

They are doing to us what the British did they previous 100 years. Look at WW1 and the Second Boer War.

Fighitng over people's battle without fighting our own since 1788.

Isn't it not basically just a religion about Joseph Smitz who dug up gold plates and used a hat to translate or something... or thats how south park showed it as. If its that how can you possibly believe that? Absolute bullshit by the sounds of it.

isn't every religion basically the same?

A very bad day for America in my opinion. A big step towards liberal secularism, More abortions, the destruction of traditional marriage, the legalisation of socially corrosive drugs the demographics further shifting through looser immigration and the marginalisation of Christianity. Romney has proven economic success on so many different occasions and in different circumstances, he unfortunately however did not have the glamour or showbiz charisma of Obama. Obama's healthcare and environmental policies are preferable but the cultural destruction of America is almost as irreversible as climate change itself.

A very bad day for America in my opinion. A big step towards liberal secularism, More abortions, the destruction of traditional marriage, the legalisation of socially corrosive drugs the demographics further shifting through looser immigration and the marginalisation of Christianity. Romney has proven economic success on so many different occasions and in different circumstances, he unfortunately however did not have the glamour or showbiz charisma of Obama. Obama's healthcare and environmental policies are preferable but the cultural destruction of America is almost as irreversible as climate change itself.

Well, you're conservative so it's a terrible day for you.

I'm all for those things. Not going to convince you but I don't believe that government should tell a woman what to do. Rights shouldn't be voted upon, that's why they're rights. And America isn't a Christian nation, sorry to say. We have no national religion. Separation of Church and State, anyone? And I'm not going to get into the immigration thing because we're going to be arguing all day. Gay marriage...again, they're rights, rights aren't supposed to be voted upon.

But you believe in what you wanna believe in, it's your right and I respect it. We probably disagree on every social issue. :lol:

And for Romney's economic success...it's a country, not a corporation.

Just because you do not agree with those things does not make them bad. Why can't people have the choice to have abortions? or to be gay? It is their choice and they have every right to make that choice without restrictions.

Just because you do not agree with those things does not make them bad. Why can't people have the choice to have abortions? or to be gay? It is their choice and they have every right to make that choice without restrictions.

That's why i said "in my opinion" Why can't people have the choice to murder or assault people... because it is considered morally wrong, which is what i personally consider the killing of vulnerable babies. Thankfully all be it surprisingly 50% of Yanks consider themselves "prolife" as opposed to a historic low of 41% "prochoice"

That's why i said "in my opinion" Why can't people have the choice to murder or assault people... because it is considered morally wrong, which is what i personally consider the killing of vulnerable babies. Thankfully all be it surprisingly 50% of Yanks consider themselves "prolife" as opposed to a historic low of 41% "prochoice"

What if someone has been raped and does not want to carry the child? or someone incapable of providing for a baby at that moment?

I do not agree with abortion but i also think there are cases where you can't help but allow it.

What if someone has been raped and does not want to carry the child? or someone incapable of providing for a baby at that moment?

I do not agree with abortion but i also think there are cases where you can't help but allow it.

I accept that it is up to the woman whether she wished to keep a child conceived through rape and should not be forced to. She would be heroic in my eyes if she did bring joy from something so evil but i agree the state cannot prevent abortion in that case.

In cases where the mothers health is threatened i take the same stance.

However if a woman cannot financially provide for a child this for me isn't a reason to kill of a baby. Better a poor child than a dead one. Furthermore there is plenty of help available through both the state and voluntary sectors or there are the many loving couples looking to adopt.

ABORTION:

I dont agree with abortion.

In Brazi it is prohibited, butl the woman is allowed to make an abortion in extreme cases (rape and health risk for her)...

US ELECTION:

I dont think either Obama or Romney would bring such a drastic different outcome to US politics.

Obama is more liberal than Romney, reflecting my point of view, but overall they would do a similar job.

USA's 3 major tasks are: economic crysis, middle east and health system.

Health and Economic problems will have to be done in agreement with both Republicans and Democratic parties, so the president wont be a super huge figure. Middle East, anyone will commit the same mistakes again and again, so both will fuck this part...