Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Yes, I'm naive to think that signing for NYCFC is completely irrelevant to Man City.....

Villa will link up with Melbourne, who are also bankrolled by Premier League champions Manchester City, on loan until December before returning to New York for the club's debut season.

You accused fans who stated signing for NYCFC and City are completely different of being naive. Of course they are bloody different. Yes same owners, same colours etc but get the message one club plays in America and the other in England. I would find it odd for someone to have a huge problem with that. I certainly don't but Man City is a different factor. A rival of ours who have a great chance of winning the league while the other plays in a retirement for legend such as Frank.

Yes, you are being naive. It just doesn't go :doh:

You accused fans who stated signing for NYCFC and City are completely different of being naive. Of course they are bloody different. Yes same owners, same colours etc but get the message one club plays in America and the other in England. I would find it odd for someone to have a huge problem with that. I certainly don't but Man City is a different factor. A rival of ours who have a great chance of winning the league while the other plays in a retirement for legend such as Frank.

Yes, you are being naive. It just doesn't go :doh:

Fact is, Lampard could of went to the other teams in the MLS, but chose the city group team instead..... I think that where your missing the point.

Lampard chose them knowing who their parent club was, who the owner was. etc.

I saw this coming and got ridiculed when suggesting Frank had done this anyway.

It was an obvious statement. He'd signed with NYC, a franchise of the same owners as City. His paycheck comes from the same source who pays our title rivals.

This comes as no surprise to me that a loan deal is in the works, I sincerely hope he declines.

Apparently, we were wrong and naive not to see the link.

Fact is, Lampard could of went to the other teams in the MLS, but chose the city group team instead..... I think that where your missing the point.

Lampard chose them.

Maybe because this is likely to be his last contract he looked for the best offer and this was the best one........

I don't really care if he plays for any team in MLS.

So now we're questioning the loyalty of a player who stepped up for this club so soon after his mother passed away?

The guy who was captain that night in Munich?

The guy who scored the goals to win us our first title in 50 years?

Maybe because this is likely to be his last contract he looked for the best offer and this was the best one........

I don't really care if he plays for any team in MLS.

NYCFC is going to be the feeder club for Man City, their Man City B team pretty much.

GIves City the opportunity to play their young guys and get them on loan directly to a team that will benefit their mother club. As Chelsea does with vitesse, City will do with NYCFC. However, the huge difference is that NYCFC will do everything possible to grow their players so they can eventually rejoin man city.

So, pretty much NYCFC will help Man City grow in the future and give their young players an opportunity to play .

I really dont understand how you guys cant see the link.

Just hope JT never does anything like this, a 'proper' chelsea ambassador. He'd be thinking of the fans, and how we'd react.

Wow. This is beyond stupid.

When you talk about loyal players Lampard and Terry are always players up there. Lampard doing this, for me, is completely unforgivable.

Disappointed doesn't cut it.

Idiotic statement.

He probably won't play. What's it matter he will be paid by the same people who pay our rivals? HE'S NOT PLAYING FOR FUCKING CITY, HE'S PAYING IN THE USA.

People bashing him are ridiculous. He's a club legend and fought and bled for this club. Come off it, he needs to stay fit, wanted to live in New York. Oh my goodness.

So now we're questioning the loyalty of a player who stepped up for this club so soon after his mother passed away?

The guy who was captain that night in Munich?

The guy who scored the goals to win us our first title in 50 years?

Yupp, pretty much. Ridiculous I tell you.

..to then going to the team who are a direct rival in every trophy front? Yes, that is questionable.

No it's not. He will not start 35+ games for them, he will not help them win, he will not play in the CL.

Idiotic statement.

He probably won't play. What's it matter he will be paid by the same people who pay our rivals? HE'S NOT PLAYING FOR FUCKING CITY, HE'S PAYING IN THE USA.

People bashing him are ridiculous. He's a club legend and fought and bled for this club. Come off it, he needs to stay fit, wanted to live in New York. Oh my goodness.

Are you missing this loan to Manchester City deal on purpose?

Idiotic statement.

He is playing for citeh if he goes on loan there. He would be a REGISTERED player for them, not for "USA". Fucking idiot...

Idiotic statement.

He is going to City on loan....playing in America is different. He is coming back to the premier league to play for one of our biggest rivals. What the actual fuck Lamps.

..to then going to the team who are a direct rival in every trophy front? Yes, that is questionable.

Pathetic. The guy's a legend and anyone who wants to question his loyalty needs their head examined.

It's not a great situation but it's just the way it's worked out. He plays for a City sister club so it makes sense he'd train /play there.