Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

With Sarri comments about Morata and rumours about Higuain I can't see us buying a new striker. Too bad, I think this position alongisde LB is our main weakness. Maybe some rotation player like Vecino will come but this is probably it. We can only hope Morata or maybe Mitchy will adapt to Sarri system, Emerson becomes our starting LB and one of Barkley/RLC/Fabregas claim down that starting role as AMC. 

But we still have enough quality to finish in TOP4 this year. Delph played LB for City last year just because their system worked.. 

Like I said the other day, it looks like our business is all but done. Every target we've been linked to has pretty much fallen through. Higuain, Rugani, Caldara. Struggling to find an adequate replacement for Courtois so he may stay.

Surprised if we see any other incomings with so few days left. Even our customary panic buy that I was sure would happen. 

IN     Golovin(27m) Vrsaljko(25m) LeonBailey(65m)

OUT  Batshuayi(40m) Drinkwater(20m) Willian(60m) Zappacosta(20m)

This is minimum transfer I was hoping for ...

As usual. Thanks to Marina this club become less and less powerful and attractive every year. Where all the money goes? So like we poorest club of Big Six along with Tottenham? You freaking kidding me where all money goes?

Abramovich warned us all at beginning of window. £60m net spend. I certainly thought that meant a shit tonne of sales and use that for upgrades. Looks like I was dead wrong. Unbelievable we didn't dump Bakayoko, Cahill, Moses, Zouma, Drinkwater, and Courtois. That would have least gave us £170m to play with and NONE of those save Courtois is going to play for shit this year. That amount of cash could have gotten a really good keeper to replace Courtois, plus Bailey, and Fekir. Add in the already paid for Jorginho and it would have been a great window.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Abramovich warned us all at beginning of window. £60m net spend. I certainly thought that meant a shit tonne of sales and use that for upgrades. Looks like I was dead wrong. Unbelievable we didn't dump Bakayoko, Cahill, Moses, Zouma, Drinkwater, and Courtois. That would have least gave us £170m to play with and NONE of those save Courtois is going to play for shit this year. That amount of cash could have gotten a really good keeper to replace Courtois, plus Bailey, and Fekir. Add in the already paid for Jorginho and it would have been a great window.

It is rather disappointing. 

I say this mainly due to our season and the fact many players have had their time here, or simply don't belong at this level to begin with. 

You can't be a title winning aspiration side, and only make one move the whole off season. Look, fair enough CHO is maybe getting more time this year, and maybe putting faith in Baka will make it seem like a new player, but it just doesn't cut it. Our strikers were terrible last season. Our right wing has been a problem consistently for the last 3 seasons I feel. Our full backs are either slow or incompetent getting the ball in and helping on offence. 

Sure... Sarri may come in and do better with the squad than expected. But that isn't what we want. Why get a great offensive coach and not surround him with decent pieces? We saw that story in Napoli. Great coach leading a somewhat above average team to great results. Give him a great team now at a side that can give it to him. It is fucking infuriating. Sell the club if you won't spend. 

If this is the new Roman model going forward he has to sell.

We lose Courtois on a free next year, Hazard will leave for half what he worth (or less) Willian will be 30 going on 31 so resale is shot. Pedro will be 32. Alonso value will plummet this year. If Emerson doesn't come good in a huge way we are fucked at LB. Kante will deffo bolt as well I fear. Unless Morata has a huge year his resale value will be shite. Who knows what will happen to Bats. God help us if Azpi or AC or Rudiger get hurt. Willian is now going AWOL and is going to be poison in the locker room if we force him to stay against his will.

We are digging a hole for ourselves that will be insanely hard to get out of for 2019-2020 without a new owner who will splash massive cash. 

All this drama and realistically all we need to do is sign a good striker (At the cost of Willian or Morata) and suddenly the future is bright again. Too many newspapers being read, there is nothing wrong with Willians attitude, he fucked up with the emoji tweet but other than that he's been nothing but professional imo. If we had 1 of our 3 or 4 attackers that we could rely on for goals i'd be happy going in to the current season, sounds silly but at the moment our most reliable goalscorer is probably Pedro...

22 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Scale down the Drama eh? 

Acting like we are going to implode because Roman didnt spend 200m before the summer is over. Nobody knows what dollar limit the club set for transfers, Nobody knows what the clubs actual plan is for transfers. Nobody knows the dynamics of the players relationships and how they effect certain moves. I want new signings as much as the next person, but if they don't happen you need to support the team as a fan, not whine that they didn't pull off a FIFA inspired transfer plan. I want Martial/Bailey etc as much as the next but calling for one of the most successful owners of the past 15 years to sell the club because you think he isn't spending enough money is downright silly and reflects poorly on you as a supporter of the club.

I absolutely stand by what I said. If nothing else happens this window that is exactly what we are staring down the barrel of. Also, if he is going to stop spending money to any sort of degree (and again, that is where we are if nothing else happens in terms of incoming signings) that is not acceptable and the clubs will start to melt away. Nothing in that is drama at all. It is a stone cold analysis of the facts on the ground so far. I take a very granular level look at things, I never go off half cocked because this player or that player didn't get signed. Looking closely at things, and then panning back to a wider panorama yields what I just wrote, subject of course, to change in the next nine days. Things can indeed change in that short term event horizon, but until then, what I typed is as good as any picture of what can and likely will happen in terms of most of my projections, especially from the numerical valuation end. Time waits for no man or woman.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I absolutely stand by what I said. If nothing else happens this window that is exactly what we are staring down the barrel of. Also, if he is going to stop spending money to any sort of degree (and again, that is where we are if nothing else happens in terms of incoming signings) that is not acceptable and the clubs will start to melt away. Nothing in that is drama at all. It is a stone cold analysis of the facts on the ground so far. I take a very granular level look at things, I never go off half cocked because this player or that player didn't get signed. Looking closely at things, and then panning back to a wider panorama yields what I just wrote, subject of course, to change in the next nine days. Things can indeed change in that short term event horizon, but until then, what I typed is as good as any picture of what can and likely will happen in terms of most of my projections, especially from the numerical valuation end. Time waits for no man or woman.

If nothing else happens I agree, but let's just wait and see instead of expecting the worst. Be realistic, what are the chances that nothing else happens?

3 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

All this drama and realistically all we need to do is sign a good striker (At the cost of Willian or Morata) and suddenly the future is bright again. Too many newspapers being read, there is nothing wrong with Willians attitude, he fucked up with the emoji tweet but other than that he's been nothing but professional imo. If we had 1 of our 3 or 4 attackers that we could rely on for goals i'd be happy going in to the current season, sounds silly but at the moment our most reliable goalscorer is probably Pedro...

JUST a striker??

We havent got 1 forward that I would goto the bookies and bet they would give us 20 goals And thats with us on our toes going forward.

Sarri is going to have to do some switching about so maybe other positions will score more. Thats what I was thinking why Alonso/Zap kept taking long shots V Inter

I'm truly confused to our lack of business. either shit players going or good players coming. Not a way to run a business.

2 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

If nothing else happens I agree, but let's just wait and see instead of expecting the worst. Be realistic, what are the chances that nothing else happens?

What odds will you give me no 1st team upgrades?

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Hazard sold for half, Kante leaving, Willian poisoning the locker room, Fucked at LB if Emerson doesn't come good and Alonso value plummeting based on what? Worrying if our top 3 defenders get hurt, of course thats a worry but not based in any reality. We have a roster of players who can step in.

That "stone cold analysis of the facts on the ground" as you put it is purely based out of your opinion on players and speculation. There is no indication of ANY of that happening, besides what you believe from these journos click bait in the summer.

Fans don't like Willian(i myself being one) but he seems to get on fine with the players, his problem was with Conte. Poison is a leap. Kante is in negotations for a new deal + he still has 3 years left on his current deal. Nobody knows what Hazard is going to do, be it Madrid or sign but either way we will get value for him.

Let me be clear, I think the club need to bring in some new players and this summer they have not addressed needs. But your little scenario there is not based in fact and is frankly ridiculous.

Good to see the positivity surrounding Sarri’s appointment is still on the go. Not. Fucking hell calm down. Throw Eden, Willian, Kante Rudiger and Courtois into our starting 11 and we are going to be a top 4 standard team at least. You’d think we were getting relegated. Yes we need bits and bobs but you’d think we had gone bust and sold all our players reading this thread.

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Ok but you have just no idea what's happen internally.

All you said is based on your frustration about this poor market. I can understand but please we need to learn to relativize.

I can show you point per point :

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

If this is the new Roman model going forward he has to sell.

We lose Courtois on a free next year, Hazard will leave for half what he worth (or less) Willian will be 30 going on 31 so resale is shot. Pedro will be 32. Alonso value will plummet this year. If Emerson doesn't come good in a huge way we are fucked at LB. Kante will deffo bolt as well I fear. Unless Morata has a huge year his resale value will be shite. Who knows what will happen to Bats. God help us if Azpi or AC or Rudiger get hurt. Willian is now going AWOL and is going to be poison in the locker room if we force him to stay against his will.

We are digging a hole for ourselves that will be insanely hard to get out of for 2019-2020 without a new owner who will splash massive cash. 

1) Courtois will be sell for 35-40 or will go for free next summer.

But we have no keeper available of this level now. Oblak is not available. Alisson was fucking expensive and not better thant Thibaut. Juste make a better season doesn't mean he is a better keeper.

So maybe lost 35 millions but keep a top keeper for this season is a good idea. We can look for a new next season it's not a drama.

2) Hazard will leave for half next season ? Really ? it's a fact ? I didn't know. He could renew his contract and become our captain too, so again, it's just you who makes projections.

3) Willian and Pedro could easily be great player for us with Sarri so what's the problem ? Just because a player got 30 years should we sell them ? It's a failed to keep them ?

Maybe we should sell Willian to Barca to 60 i'm agree. But the fact Willian remain at Chelsea is not necessarily a bad news.

4) For LB again, you take the worst scenario, Alonso will be disaster and Emerson will not be good. As if it was the only possible scenario, no it isn't.

5) Same for Morata, he could easily be a very good player. Drogba had a poor first year too no ?

6) Stop saying no sense about we forcing Willian to stay, he said again yesterday in a brazilian channel he is happy to chelsea for the love of god.

You just want to see the negative in our team.

All is not black or white, some of your scenarios will be true maybe yeah, but you will have some good surprise that you don't imagine  (CHO, Barkley, Emerson, Ampadu  or others.).

Our Board should take better decision we are all agree about that but come on stop try to pretend we have a shit team and we have no chance to fight for top 4 or we are at the bottom of the hole...

it's really frustrating to always read the same posts on this forum.

48 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

At this point, who knows, as the model of operations being pursued at present surely seems to be a 'one out before one' comes in scheme. The £60m net spend cap was reached with one buy, Jorgingo. No sales of import have occurred since then, and no incoming transfers that were not frees have occurred since. They are treating the players as if they were fungible assets, and operating at a zero sum game base level. Players have highly complex inputs and outputs that determine their value. Performance on the field, age, health, reputation, marketability, etc etc. In terms of age they are generally on a pretty predictable bell curve, with some exceptions.

A true inflection point (it is partly due to human psychology and the way we perceive ageing milestones on a decade by decade long basis) is when a player hits 30. We are going to run face first into that brick wall (or already have) with a large core of the team over the next couple of years. Kante, Hazard, Alonso, Azpi, Moses, Drinkwater, and Willian all hit 30 within a 10 day (Willian turns 30 on the day this window slams shut) to 2, 2 and a half year span. Fabregas, Pedro, Cahill, Luiz, Giroud are all 31 or older. The reason this matters is because Abramovich seems to have defaulted to funding the influx of players by selling the players already under contract. The contractual situations also further complicate this revenue stream, as I have already stated above (Courtois leaving on a free if not sold, Hazard, with only one year left next year, all all his erstwhile suitors holding all the cards in terms of being able to pay fractional value for him to finally bring him in their door.

Chelsea is a top 5 in the world club (I have seen it as high as 2nd, or as low as 5th, depending on the evaluating organisation) in terms of market value. A HUGE reason for this is the billions in telly revenue and CL revenue that we have taken in due to our great successes since Roman bought CFC. He also just wound down any further development for a new stadium. That is a MASSIVE future forward loss of revenue, not just in terms of amount of bodies in the seats but even more so for the loss of luxury box and corporate revenues. That will put a huge governor on how much we can spend for club upkeep as the revenue streams will be vastly smaller without a new, state of the art home. Combine that with an upcoming severe trough that is rapidly approaching in terms of current squad valuation (and thus another limit to renewal due to hundreds of millions less to spend coming from sales) and the entire model breaks down. The loan army can but bring in so much, and if we drop out of any realistic hope for CL or even UEFA Europa League, that is a compounding synergistic factor as well. Further revenue loss not just from missing prize monies, but also from a loss of global prestige. Look at Ajax for a multi-decade example of this.

Roman has SERIOUS legal issues with the UK government. He cannot even enter the country, and billions of his holdings are subject to the US/UK/NATO-driven Russian sanctions that are only going to be increased as the madness that is this new cold war is levered up.

He also has lost 60% of his peak £25 billion net wealth in the last 6,7, 8 years or so due to market debasements and probably some poor business decisions (I have obviously not done a forensic analysis of his books so cannot give you a clear-view accurate accounting of this loss of wealth.)

Add up the totality of the mise en scène that is CFC and its placement in the greater world, and unless there are dramatic changes that go FAR beyond a shit transfer window, it truly might be time to sell the old girl..

The newly anointed richest man in the UK, a certain Mr. Ratcliffe, seems to be quite interested in the colour blue these days.