Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Nice team, but Luiz on right side is not option, and I wouldnt mind simply keeping Pedro instead of James, unless we have 70m too much in the bank. There will be better options to improve that RW in future (if we change the formation, then maybe James would fit nicely tho).

Right side? thats the left.

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Nice team, but Luiz on right side is not option, and I wouldnt mind simply keeping Pedro instead of James, unless we have 70m too much in the bank. There will be better options to improve that RW in future (if we change the formation, then maybe James would fit nicely tho).

I agree :) I wouldn't mind Pedro, Willian and maybe Musonda or Boga alongside for next season. We have some other "issues" to sort out first ... right winger would be just a luxury buy atm ;) 

Traore would fit perfectly on that right side IMO but he is 99% leaving as it seems :( 

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If Cahill can play there why can't Luiz, who's probably the best technical CB in the world?

13 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

If Cahill can play there why can't Luiz, who's probably the best technical CB in the world?

Because in the middle, he has some backup, on sides he doesnt. He has been brilliant this season, but he is still not the most reliable CB per se. 

He is good technical, his attacking side was never a question. Its the defending. 

And for a ball playing CB, middle of back three is best spot. 

Obviously Terry is not best anymore, but when Luiz was moved to left side to give Terry spot in middle, he was much less comfortable than usualy.

32 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Because in the middle, he has some backup, on sides he doesnt. He has been brilliant this season, but he is still not the most reliable CB per se. 

He is good technical, his attacking side was never a question. Its the defending. 

Obviously Terry is not best anymore, but when Luiz was moved to left side to give Terry spot in middle, he was much less comfortable than usualy.

That's a fair assessment but maybe he just needs more games there. I wouldn't mind trying it. Christensen could play there instead too. 

59 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

When the situation demands/permits both Gaz and Azpi play really high. Say within 10 metres of the opposition area. For me this has been one of, if not the most, impressive features of Antonio's system. Dave in particular has come up with some really threatening deliveries from that area. A left footed CB, or at least one comfortable with his left peg, would multiply the threat we pose in those situations.

Not sure this is the right place to discuss about formation, haha. Not sure Alves rumour is true. Sandro, Lukaku, James and Bakayoko seems more likely. I know Conte don't fancy 433 formation, but with all the signing there, we could perfectly play that formation with better luck now.

Courtois

Azpi  Cahill/Christensen  Christensen/Luiz  Sandro

Cesc  Kante  Bakayoko

James  Lukaku  Hazard

On 6/16/2017 at 11:16 PM, whats happening said:

i dont like where all of this is going with ronaldo...

Same here, it can trigger a lot of stupid/crazy things.

17 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Not sure this is the right place to discuss about formation, haha. Not sure Alves rumour is true. Sandro, Lukaku, James and Bakayoko seems more likely. I know Conte don't fancy 433 formation, but with all the signing there, we could perfectly play that formation with better luck now.

Courtois

Azpi  Cahill/Christensen  Christensen/Luiz  Sandro

Cesc  Kante  Bakayoko

James  Lukaku  Hazard

Same here, it can trigger a lot of stupid/crazy things.

You'd start Cahill over Luiz????

19 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Perfect window for me that's quite realistic?

Lukaku, Bakayoko, Sandro, James, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Caballero. 

No Ox. thats unrealistic. Alves is more realistic than Ox.Even Morata is more realistic

23 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Similar to mine - Caballero, Lukaku, Bakayoko, James, Alex Sandro and a new CB (preferably Koulibaly, Van Dijk or any other TOP CB). Christensen back will feel like a new transfer.

Now let's put it this way - winter transfer window Chelsea have sold Oscar (60m) and Bamford (6m) without getting any player in. That's 66m.

In the last weeks we've seen Cuadrado (17m), Begovic (10m), Atsu (6m) go with Bertrand Traore's transfer to Lyon (17m) to be confirmed soon. That's another 50m.

In total £116m on bench/loaned players.

That wishlist is of course worth close to £250m, but if the club can't add an extra £120-130m on top of that £116m (that's basically easy money coming from unwanted players) then I don't know what to think...

And to be honest, £120-130m in today's market is a pretty decent amount for a big club like Chelsea considering United and City are going to spend close to £250m from their own pocket without selling much. And that amount (£120-130m) could easily go down to close to £100m should some of Remy, Van Ginkel, Baba Rahman, Kalas, Omeruo, Piazon, Hector are sold, too. 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Belotti & Nainggolan in place of the first two and I would be more than happy. AOC seems the most unlikely with Wenger staying put.

3 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Similar to mine - Caballero, Lukaku, Bakayoko, James, Alex Sandro and a new CB (preferably Koulibaly, Van Dijk or any other TOP CB). Christensen back will feel like a new transfer.

Now let's put it this way - winter transfer window Chelsea have sold Oscar (60m) and Bamford (6m) without getting any player in. That's 66m.

In the last weeks we've seen Cuadrado (17m), Begovic (10m), Atsu (6m) go with Bertrand Traore's transfer to Lyon (17m) to be confirmed soon. That's another 50m.

In total £116m on bench/loaned players.

That wishlist is of course worth close to £250m, but if the club can't add an extra £120-130m on top of that £116m (that's basically easy money coming from unwanted players) then I don't know what to think...

And to be honest, £120-130m in today's market is a pretty decent amount for a big club like Chelsea considering United and City are going to spend close to £250m from their own pocket without selling much. And that amount (£120-130m) could easily go down to close to £100m should some of Remy, Van Ginkel, Baba Rahman, Kalas, Omeruo, Piazon, Hector are sold, too. 

At least £10m from Solanke too. Since it looks like Diego is off too (50-60m?), we don't even have to spend over £100m net to get something like that...

25 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

At least £10m from Solanke too. Since it looks like Diego is off too (50-60m?), we don't even have to spend over £100m net to get something like that...

The £10m we've asked the tribunal to assess as the compensation for Dom is just an opening gambit. Doubt they will set the fee that high. Liverpool will certainly be arguing that it should be lower and the tribunal will probably settle on an amount somewhere in between.