Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

You are all taking part in the plan of the english press to try and disable chelsea even before the season starts.

Form your opinion on how he'll perform on the pitch for chelsea, not on what's said in a written interview.

Problem of the world today, shitty journalism and the disease social media can be.

Sky sports are just reporting what was misquoted yesterday in online paper sites.

No big deal really..but Torres is the elephant in the room who needs to be taken out so young strikers like Lukaku and Bamford can do something worthwhile with all that playing time he gets .

Lukaku is 21y old. I've seen a documentary on him and it was unseen how mature and professional he is for a guy of that age. He breeds football 24/7. Unlike most players that age he doensn't care about going out, fancy stuff or hitting a different supermodel every other week. The only thing he cares about is his family and becoming the best player possible. I have the feeling he loves Chelsea more than any other team on the planet but when he thinks its the best for his career to move, he will.

What would you do? You played 2 great seasons and you know there is one player in the Squad(costa) that will always be higher in the picking order no mather what. One player who still gets and always will get more gametime because of his name, wage and a few very good seasons years ago. And one other decent striker.

Jose should finally set things straight. Get rid of Torres asap. Let him go for free if necessary. Maybe take a young youth player in the squad but at least give romelu the feeling that he is 2nd striker. He proved himself in PL and with the national team.

You say he must keep his mouth shut and show more respect for club and coach. I think respect works both ways. We know how stubborn jose can be and i fully understand lukaku doenst want to risk watching big games in the stands when he can play for atletico, juventus or Wolfsburg on weekly basis.

Sky sports are just reporting what was misquoted yesterday in online paper sites.

No big deal really..but Torres is the elephant in the room who needs to be taken out so young strikers like Lukaku and Bamford can do something worthwhile with all that playing time he gets .

A logical level-headed post looks so out of place in this thread :blink:

First four games of last season, used three times.

Not given a chance though.

As a sub on all 3 occasions if I remember correctly? 3 games can hardly be considered as given a decent chance .

We all know he won't be used much next season as he's likely to be up against Costa, Torres and Ba and its an accepted opinion. But when Romelu realises that, he's a cunt that doesn't deserve to wear a Chelsea shirt? Grow up people.

As a sub on all 3 occasions if I remember correctly? 3 games can hardly be considered as given a decent chance .

But can you confirm that if he hadn't asked for a loan move, he still wouldn't have gotten a chance?

I'd say he's the one who didn't give Jose a chance but rather asked out cause he wanted to be first choice.

I excused him last season because of the world cup so I understood to an extent but if he's still not willing to fight and instead only values playing time even now, then he'll probably leave.

Lukaku is 21y old. I've seen a documentary on him and it was unseen how mature and professional he is for a guy of that age. He breeds football 24/7. Unlike most players that age he doensn't care about going out, fancy stuff or hitting a different supermodel every other week. The only thing he cares about is his family and becoming the best player possible. I have the feeling he loves Chelsea more than any other team on the planet but when he thinks its the best for his career to move, he will.

What would you do? You played 2 great seasons and you know there is one player in the Squad(costa) that will always be higher in the picking order no mather what. One player who still gets and always will get more gametime because of his name, wage and a few very good seasons years ago. And one other decent striker.

Jose should finally set things straight. Get rid of Torres asap. Let him go for free if necessary. Maybe take a young youth player in the squad but at least give romelu the feeling that he is 2nd striker. He proved himself in PL and with the national team.

You say he must keep his mouth shut and show more respect for club and coach. I think respect works both ways. We know how stubborn jose can be and i fully understand lukaku doenst want to risk watching big games in the stands when he can play for atletico, juventus or Wolfsburg on weekly basis.

By the way he has been acting he is anything but professional, so in that sense you are contradicting your own story. A young player who has achieved nothing in world football can't throw a tantrum like that, that's definition of UNprofessionalism. And since when does Mourinho, one of the most successful managers in world football, need to justify his decisions to a 21 year old, who fails to show any respect what so ever towards Chelsea - the club he supposedly "loves". And please don't compare Mourinho to Lukaku, they're not comparable in any context, let alone in Chelsea - and rightly so. Judging someone based on a documentary is as good as judging players based on Youtube videos.

The only place to be is making very valid point that Lukaku did get his chance and would have had even more if he had remained in the club last season instead of waving the white flag as soon as first shots were "fired", metaphorically speaking. With our strikers either injured or on rocky form patch, last season was his golden opportunity to show what he's made of. Chelsea is one of the super powers of football, not a charity project. He had a chance, he blew it - he fails to admit that he was the one who gave up and hid at Everton. Competition for places is something that is supposed to spur professional and hungry players on, not make them cry to the media and ask for a pat on the shoulder. So in that sense he is very unprofessional and not even close to mature. Coward and hypocrite are the words that describe him rather well in this light. Even if this does resolve someway, we have seen Lukaku's real mindset here, it will re-occur sooner rather than later. He needs Chelsea, not the other way around. NEXT!

We must keep him at all costs. The guy is a beast. From distance, close range and in the air. He is exactly what we've needed since Drogs left. It's a shame we've had Lady boy and Demba Ba, who I think resembles a semi retarted baby giraffe when he runs leading our line. Etoo was good but he was like sticking paper over a crack. We need the next big thing, that is Lukaku. .

The funny part in this mess is that the barca supporters want cesc out, and we feel he will be perfect for us because he is class.

Some supporters want Lukaku out, meanwhile other interested clubs' supporters will be thinking he is perfect for them because he is a beast and has a fantastic scoring record.

The truth being that no matter what the history and background of such situations, the player never really got a good chance due to a number of reasons at their respective clubs, and had to leave to achieve their personal goals.

We cannot get a better second striker in todays market, there simply isnt anyone who has so many different attributes as Lukaku does.

He is strong, fast, clinical and a bully, good in the air with just about enough skill to trouble even the worlds best defenders.

Why we arent convincing him that he is part of Chelsea's plans is beyond me.

Just assure the guy, make him feel valued. Its been 2 years of sending him out, and after scoring tons of goals against the best teams, if we still cant trust him enough to let him know his value to the club, with some assurances, then he is right to leave.

In normal life, if you worked alongside 3 equally placed colleagues , and over 2 years you consistently did soooooo much better than all of them, and the company keeps giving them bonuses while giving nothing to you, surely at some point you would realise that this environment is not the right fit, and you could be doing so much better at another company.

That is the reason you ask for a transfer.

At that moment either the company realises your value and gives you assurances..... or you leave. Simple.

He has spoken more than he should have, the Club have not managed him as well as they could.

No one has said they don't want him here as 2nd choice. He seems to demand first choice place at Chelsea. That's what people are arguing about.

Almost everyone has been salivating at having Costa and Lukaku. Except Lukaku, who comes with that statement after he learns Costa is close to signing. Who asks for a loan after we sign a 33 year old Eto'o.

The funny part in this mess is that the barca supporters want cesc out, and we feel he will be perfect for us because he is class.

Some supporters want Lukaku out, meanwhile other interested clubs' supporters will be thinking he is perfect for them because he is a beast and has a fantastic scoring record.

I don't think any supporter wants him out. They just don't feel overly enamoured with a player who likes to talk and reportedly asked for a transfer away from the club they support.

The truth being that no matter what the history and background of such situations, the player never really got a good chance due to a number of reasons at their respective clubs, and had to leave to achieve their personal goals.

Personal goals? Wasn't one to play for Chelsea?

He featured in three of the first four games of the season and his competition was UTTER WANK. What more of a chance do you want for him?

We cannot get a better second striker in todays market, there simply isnt anyone who has so many different attributes as Lukaku does.

He is strong, fast, clinical and a bully, good in the air with just about enough skill to trouble even the worlds best defenders.

Why we arent convincing him that he is part of Chelsea's plans is beyond me.

Mandzukic is a good shout as he offers something different from Costa and Lukaku but that's besides the point. Lukaku doesn't seem to be able to cope with any situation where he isn't undisputed first choice. He was given chances in league matches to impress, like other players, but that wasn't good enough apparently.

Just assure the guy, make him feel valued. Its been 2 years of sending him out, and after scoring tons of goals against the best teams, if we still cant trust him enough to let him know his value to the club, with some assurances, then he is right to leave.

Assure the guy? What the fuck? He gets a contract, a weekly wage to play for this club. He gets a squad number. He gets a chance every day to train in front of the coaches. He gets to go on the Stamford Bridge pitch in front of 42,000 people....

The guy had a chance that 99.99999999% of footballers will NEVER have but because he had Demba Ba, Fernando Torres and Samuel Eto'o as competition, he asked to leave.

In normal life, if you worked alongside 3 equally placed colleagues , and over 2 years you consistently did soooooo much better than all of them, and the company keeps giving them bonuses while giving nothing to you, surely at some point you would realise that this environment is not the right fit, and you could be doing so much better at another company.

That is the reason you ask for a transfer.

At that moment either the company realises your value and gives you assurances..... or you leave. Simple.

He has spoken more than he should have, the Club have not managed him as well as they could.

In the real world, you face competition every day. The ones who succeed are the ones who don't see competition as a threat, but as an opportunity. They weren't even very good competition.

But if you're the type of person who thinks that every new hiring is in some way unfair then that's fine. I'm not gonna change your mind.

But I have more respect for people who work harder when the chips are down, which is why I (and EVERY SINGLE CHELSEA SUPPORTER) absolutely adore Azpilicueta and why I'm utterly ambivalent about whether or not Lukaku stays or goes. We're winning the league either with him or without him.