Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

What are you trying to say? As good as our defence looks on paper they were Championship level yesterday. Even Matic had an offday.

He conceded 5 goals, I understand it's hard not to blame the keeper in some way but he didn't do much wrong really; was mostly Brana and Cahill being Mongs.

its true. However, lloris has had mongs since the beginning of his time at spurs and ddg has had garbage as well for the past 2 seasons.

It seems it has not been posted yet - his throw over the half-way line to Hazard was marvellous. It was right after Spurs corner and hence Tibo set up a perfect counter attack which ended up in a goal. A great piece of goalkeeping and football.

Yeah, no fault can be passed to him. He even made one or two saves despite having no help whatsoever from his defence.

he was definitely not at fault in any of the 5 goals. However, he did not make any fantastic save (perhaps one good one), which he is capable of. So, I'd rate him a 6/10, which is low for a keeper of his quality.

On Courtois vs Neuer, it's like apples vs oranges... Courtois is better in a low block/deep line as his height helps dominate the packed area and Neuer is better for high and very high defense lines.

José reckons he has a broken finger (I did see him call on the physios after the Spurs equaliser) so he might be out for up to 14 days. Or he could play with a splint, but there's always a risk.

One of the advantages of having someone like Petr Cech as back up is that you don't at all need to take any risks in situations like this.

Im surprised he got so little stick. Through whole season, he was quite protected by our defense, now he had opportunity to realy stand out and when he was realy tested, he reacted poorly. I know he couldnt do much (apart from Kane's first goal), but he should pull rabbit out of the hat. Its what world class keepers do. It looks impossible, but they still do it.

Bald prediction, but if we had Cech on goal, we would not concede 5 fucking goals against tottenham. As much Courtois is good keeper, he will need to stand out more to keep our team winning in games like this.

Im surprised he got so little stick. Through whole season, he was quite protected by our defense, now he had opportunity to realy stand out and when he was realy tested, he reacted poorly. I know he couldnt do much (apart from Kane's first goal), but he should pull rabbit out of the hat. Its what world class keepers do. It looks impossible, but they still do it.

Bald prediction, but if we had Cech on goal, we would not concede 5 fucking goals against tottenham. As much Courtois is good keeper, he will need to stand out more to keep our team winning in games like this.

You could have stuck Neuer in net with him and covered the net with celophane and we'd still have shipped five.

A goalkeeper is only as good as his defence, unfortunately our defence played like leprous amputees on Thursday.

You could have stuck Neuer in net with him and covered the net with celophane and we'd still have shipped five.

A goalkeeper is only as good as his defence, unfortunately our defence played like leprous amputees on Thursday.

Still he should save one of Kane attempts. He went down too slow for top keeper.

Still he should save one of Kane attempts. He went down too slow for top keeper.

I don't think he could have saved the first one for sure, I will admit I haven't seen - nor will I ever - any highlights of the game, so the other goals are debatable. But Kane's first goal - no chance. The penalty - no chance. Unlucky with the second goal as it was a ricochet after some shite defending. You can't blame him too much.

I think a top keeper like Thibaut should be saving the first goal most of the times. It was a very powerful shot, but it was along the ground from 35-40 yards out; it didn't really move or deviate and he saw it all the way. Should have gotten down a bit quicker. Not really "blaming", but I think he's capable of saving that.