Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Outstanding performance tonight. He should be making the save from Gerrard, the double-save from Henderson/Sterling, the shot from Coutinho. But he had no right to stop that Lallana shot. That was unreal.

What's more incredible is that it was bending away from him as well. By far his best save of the season.

God that save felt good!! We know Courtois has been brilliant thus far at the other side of goal keeping, his commanding of the box, catching the ball, organising defence etc.

But it's so good to see these superman saves that De Gea always gets credit for lmao.

Amazing tonight but I have noticed a bit of weakness in his diving when he jumps to his right. He seems to take longer than when he dives to his left. I noticed this when he was at Athetico aswell.

It think that's normal because he kicks with his left foot and his right side is "weaker". In my opinion most goalkeepers are like that and it shouldn't be counted as such a big weakness.

Anyway, great game from him last night, finally started to show why he is first choice this season.

“Myself, Costa, Filipe, Fàbregas and the rest of the team want to win trophies for Chelsea. That starts in the League Cup to the last game in the Champions League. We want to win everything. It will be difficult but I think we have the team to do it.”

The kid did great. Period. What a luxury we have right now with two wc goalies. I'd even try rotating it bit. Both Cech as Courtois seem to be able to come in after while and perform. Chapeau! It could be the ultimate master mentor-prodigy relationship we see being architectured by Mourinho.

Hats off to both of them.

Still think the one from Mirallas was better tbh, but certainly an incredible save.

I think all of these are better:

Werder Bremen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7HNRiDKIdM

01:52 & 03:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421782837&v=VVWWIiJCSqU&x-yt-cl=84359240

02:46 (Mirallas save)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bez-9ic-UkQ

The kid did great. Period. What a luxury we have right now with two wc goalies. I'd even try rotating it bit. Both Cech as Courtois seem to be able to come in after while and perform. Chapeau! It could be the ultimate master mentor-prodigy relationship we see being architectured by Mourinho.

Hats off to both of them.

Absolutely Tom. Cech's performances are really pushing Courtois and vice versa. We have two of the world's best pushing each other to the max, it's fucking wonderful for the club. Though I'll be sad when Cech eventually leaves, we'll be in Thibaut's safe hands in the long run, but either way I'm just going to enjoy this battle between two truly great goalkeepers. Both of them deserve to play every game. I don't envy José in this position.