test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

13. Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

6,460 posts in this topic

Would be one of the best signings this summer. Could also indicate that CFC will spend big and bring in more players to up the level of the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we were all deciding which of the 2 keepers we had either Petr or Tibo I was on the fence. With emotions and experience on one side and youth,hunger etc on the other. Both lads were near the top of their games so it was a tossup

Ive  never really got attached to Tibo while hes been here. Its not the job he does cause hes been good, its just Ive never seen any real passion or character in him. Hes got one of those poker faces that doesnt express much.

But I'm warming to him. 

While he has had a touch ov verbal diarrhea and getting foot in gob syndrome he has also said just lately some quite good things about being at Chelsea. The team, managers, trainers, fans etc.

He seems to get on pretty well with the Don and has said good things about him and says 'The Italian Coaches' have taught him alot. "I am much stronger now, thanks to the Italian coaches at Chelsea, who have shown me new ways in which to play."

Quotes from Beinsports interview :

"I don't see myself at Real Madrid," he told Cadena Ser.

"I see myself at Chelsea, the club that six years ago saw me playing in Belgium and gave me the opportunity to sign for them.

"They also allowed me to be three years at Atletico, which helped me to be the keeper that I am now.

"I feel that I'm key to the team, I'm very happy at Chelsea, and I don't see myself anywhere else."

Courtois' current Chelsea deal expires in 2019 and, although talks over an extension are yet to take place, the factor of his family remaining based in Madrid appears unlikely to draw him away from the English capital.

"For the time being, we have not spoken about a contract extension. We are focusing on the league," he said.

"We will see at the end of the season if they offer me something. For the time being, there has not been an offer.

"I'm happy in London and I'm delighted with the success we are having this season.

"I owe a lot to Spain and I go often there to visit the family, who are in Madrid. But I'm happy in London."

Antonio Conte's Chelsea are in a dominant position in the Premier League, 10 points clear of nearest challengers Tottenham with as many games to play.

"We are working well with Conte," Courtois added.

"I see that there is a long-term project to win trophies, not just domestically but also in Europe. There is a lot of ambition to play in the Champions League next season."

 

 

Blue Armour likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, what a save he made against Zaha. Against a decent goalkeeper, this was always a goal. Sick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Daily Mail reporting he left his pregnant girlfriend 

Now thats gotta stay in your head while its going on. To have one kid already and shes pregnant and on her way back to Madrid. Ive not got any but I know it would tear me up not to be with my young child and one on the way. Unless of course its not his!! Is this KDBs ex?

Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois splits from pregnant girlfriend Marta Dominguez

  • Thibaut Courtois and Marta Dominguez split in September last year
  • The couple have  a daughter, Adriana, and another baby on the way
  • Marta has returned to Madrid while Courtois has stayed in London with Chelsea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shows he has confidence in him, when he made fantastic saves after such a mistake. Gave him lots of stick for it, but if we are to be able to play "carpet football", he needs to learn from this. It happens. Great performance, TBO.

The Skipper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2017 at 2:59 AM, The Skipper said:

Would be one of the best signings this summer. Could also indicate that CFC will spend big and bring in more players to up the level of the team. 

All true but I hope it doesn't cost us £200,000 a week.

I really don't want to see us spending £10 million a year on a goalie when we so clearly could benefit from spending big in other areas. I'd have no problem with £300,000 per week for Eden but I think the difference in game by game results between a £120,000 per week goalie and a £200,000 per week one, are too marginal to be worth paying for. I think we gain more by spending an extra £80,000 per week to secure the right outfield player, than we lose by not spending it on a goalkeeper.

I like Thibaut. In terms of straight goalkeeping ability I fully supported the decision to choose him over Petr. Loosing him would be a major disappointment, but if that decision has to be made, it has to be made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

All true but I hope it doesn't cost us £200,000 a week.

I really don't want to see us spending £10 million a year on a goalie when we so clearly could benefit from spending big in other areas. I'd have no problem with £300,000 per week for Eden but I think the difference in game by game results between a £120,000 per week goalie and a £200,000 per week one, are too marginal to be worth paying for. I think we gain more by spending an extra £80,000 per week to secure the right outfield player, than we lose by not spending it on a goalkeeper.

I like Thibaut. In terms of straight goalkeeping ability I fully supported the decision to choose him over Petr. Loosing him would be a major disappointment, but if that decision has to be made, it has to be made.

 

 Courtois is way more important to us than losing 80,000 pounds a week, keeping in mind how Emenalo will blow that money on some gash player. Just for 80000 you'd rather lose one of the best goalkeepers in the world to give Emenalo a prayer's chance to land a decent forward ? Look at that money wasted on Batshuayi. That's what'll happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nono said:

 

 Courtois is way more important to us than losing 80,000 pounds a week, keeping in mind how Emenalo will blow that money on some gash player. Just for 80000 you'd rather lose one of the best goalkeepers in the world to give Emenalo a prayer's chance to land a decent forward ? Look at that money wasted on Batshuayi. That's what'll happen.

To believe that money specifically will be wasted is to believe that all money will be wasted. In which case, three Thibauts ain't gonna help us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Why did the NBA playoffs have to start this week:(

 

He probably would have saved that first goal

Why was he even off to do an NBA commercial in the first place?! :rant:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why was he even off to do an NBA commercial in the first place?! :rant:


£££££££

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.