All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Luton will visit West Ham 2 hours earlier. If they lost, they are relegated, so by the time our match kicks off Forest might be safe already. Either way, we must win, hope CHO will be as silent as during his carreer here.
  3. They are one of the difficult teams to play now. Still fighting to stay in the league. Teams from 9th to 16th place are already on holiday. Liverpool and Villa also. And last two.
  4. Depends though. Radcliffe isn’t actually hugely successful in football with his team in France. Man United haven’t been particularly successful the past 11 years and I think if the appointments INEOS have made/makes and any manager were on the right page, it wouldn’t be as difficult as some may imagine, even if it were Tuchel, Conte or a Mourinho. I think with it being a fresh impetus at Man United so to speak - with the ethos seeming to be Jim Radcliffe & INEOS know they need to get back to where they were, with a hugely competent operator with the NUFC sporting director also going to be in place, most managers would see that as as interesting job. As long as they are on the same page with expectations. I think Tuchel’s spells at Dortmund and PSG have been much more about falling out with people than his spell at Bayern. Bayern are maybe more similar to us in the fact over the past 2/3 years they’ve been a mess on and off the pitch and need a regeneration. Whilst here, I think Boehly put too much responsibility on Tuchel with involvement with the transfer side of things like the frequency of dealings/meetings with players/agents as opposed to letting him just come in at a later stage. That certainly had a huge effect on that relationship deteriorating. But I think they were still naive in pulling the plug and believe that they would undo the decision if they had the chance again.
  5. yes, I have posted on him multiple times he regressed last season, rebounded this one not sold on him atm
  6. Both brilliant and tacky, with its infrared visuals, skull-faced assassin, and women shooting fireworks out of crotches, Harmony Kornie’s latest is like nothing you’ve ever seen. https://www.thedailybeast.com/obsessed/harmony-korine-aggro-dr1ft-review-grand-theft-auto-on-acid Like nothing you’ve ever seen, Aggro Dr1ft strives to create not simply something new, but The New, delivering a barrage of sound and image that amalgamates the old and familiar into a fresh, hallucinatory cinematic vision. It’s brilliant. It’s tacky. It’s exhilarating. It’s wearisome. There’s no middle ground with this boundary-pushing whatsit, which will earn reactions as diverse and heated as the various elements that comprise its wholly unique 80 minutes. Destined to be passionately adored and despised, it’s a provocation, a stunt, a dare, and an experiment—as well as a bold one-of-a-kind experience that, following its polarizing debut at numerous 2023 festivals, shouldn’t be missed when it arrives in domestic theaters beginning May 10. 'Aggro Dr1ft is the beastly offspring of many mothers and fathers, playing like the bastard progeny of Grand Theft Auto, Scarface, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and kindred action and crime sagas, all of it fashioned with terrifying and trashy gangland and strip-club aesthetics. Korine shoots his film in eye-searing infrared (via thermal NASA cameras) that makes everything pulsate in blazing reds, yellows, purples, pinks, and blacks, such that it approximates what it might be like to see the world after staring for too long at a solar eclipse. Gliding along and rotating about as if in a dream, the director’s cinematography is at once entrancing and off-putting, and that conflict is further exacerbated by visuals that throb with unholy X-ray malevolence. Faces and bodies flash bio-mechanical veins and tendrils that resemble modernized versions of H.R. Giger’s iconic designs, suggesting a marriage of man and machine, not to mention the mortal and the holy—all of which is embodied by the story’s protagonist. Bo (Jordi Mollà) is “the world’s greatest assassin,” and as he dispatches a target in a pool at film’s outset, an enormous demon—its skull face adorned with colossal horns—materializes behind him, at once fueling his ferocity and mimicking his physical movements. Wearing a mask that often exhibits a skeletal visage, Bo is a death dealer who ruminates in melancholic voiceover about his place in this fundamentally chaotic and debased reality. “The old world is no more,” he muses after completing his mission. Upon visiting his wife and children, whom he loves with a passion that matches his fondness for ending lives, he announces, “The next generation will reign supreme.” Such comments speak to Korine’s belief in Aggro Dr1ft’s claim to cinema’s future, and there’s something thrilling about the lengths to which the director pushes things into extremity. An abstract venture that’s nihilistic to its core, it feels at once groundbreaking and reductive, mature and childish, and those contradictions are the fuel that propel it into ever bleaker and more bonkers territory. There’s a story lurking inside Aggro Dr1ft, but it matters less than the poses struck, the vibe conjured, and the attitude expressed. Bo works for a rich man who lives in one of the countless mansions spied in this Floridian hellscape of scorching colors and screeching bird noises, the latter punctuating an AraabMuzik score that’s as avant-garde as Korine’s imagery. Scuzzy, pounding, and dialed to 11 so that half the dialogue (much of it narrated) is difficult to discern, the film’s soundscape is part and parcel of this proto-kitschy marvel. So too is the barely existent narrative, which concerns Bo being hired to take out a growling overlord named Toto (Joshua Tilley) who walks around in shorts and boots, boasts a featureless face and giant wings, carries an enormous sword, and is surrounded by scantily clad women whom he habitually refers to as “bitches,” including when he locks them in hanging cages. “Dropping souls, dropping bodies, dropping souls,” intones Bo, who believes that “there is a magic in the brutality” and declares that “I am a hero. I am a solitary hero.” What’s said is spacy and hackneyed, and articulated with a wooden sincerity that seems modeled after the way characters talk in video game cutscenes. Korine distills everything to a self-conscious cliché, be it Bo’s contemplations, his adversaries’ threats, or the many sights of dangling crucifixes, bouncing female behinds, and guns that create lens flares when aimed at the screen. A Corvette drives down a South Beach boulevard, one tire so yellow it appears to be on fire. A cadre of blade-wielding hooded minions surround Toto (“We are the children with devil faces”), and it’s not clear—nor does it really matter—if they’re dwarves or children. Two strippers perform on stage, their crotches emitting sparks like it was the Fourth of July. On and on the nuttiness comes, and as with repeated lines of dialogue, the monotony turns the proceedings into a nightmare acid trip of murder, longing, and badass affectation. Aggro Dr1ft resembles the sort of hypnotic movie that would play at a house party thrown by James Franco’s Alien from Spring Breakers, and its demented dynamism mesmerizes far more than it grates. Eschewing convention with every crashing, clashing note, it’s a work which demands that viewers succumb to its wild instincts and attune themselves to its phantasmagoric wavelength. The film’s pointlessness is its point, as Korine dives headfirst off the deep end into a stew of agony and ecstasy. On a luxury yacht filled with armed henchmen and hot tub-crowding strippers, Bo tells a beloved comrade named Zion (Travis Scott) that he should read Julius Caesar, after which he asks Zion to look after his son and daughter should he perish on one of his assignments. Greed, power, tragedy, and damnation are omnipresent. So too is bracing madness, which crescendos once Bo finishes what he’s set out to do, and leaves his gruesome handiwork for the robed devils and S&M-outfitted women who populate this unreal land. “An assassin’s work is never finished… until the world is clean. And then we sleep the eternal sleep,” says Bo at the end of Aggro Dr1ft. Yet such pessimism is offset by his hopeful belief that “God is love. Forever.” Make of it what you will, but the light and the dark of Korine’s latest burn equally, unforgettably bright. Harmony Korine / EDGLRD | Boiler Room Miami: EDGLRD
  7. Anyone seen 24yo Porto striker Evanilson play? just saw that he got called up for Brazil.
  8. I never posted this: Why are you altering my replies? The only two posts ever on the board that mentioned Franco Mastantuono (at least in searchable text) were my 2 here: https://forum.talkchelsea.net/search/?q=Mastantuono&quick=1
  9. You are going to the wrong clubs m8! lololol
  10. That's harsh on Tuchel. He is by no means perfect but he did not do an awful lot wrong here or at Bayern apart from his style of football which might not be everyone's cup of tea. Both Bayern and our team have been dysfunctional units for the past 2 years with a lot of disarray in the club hierachies as well. He showed character steadying the ship during the war turmoil in 2022 here as well as at Bayern when they switched the entire C-level and even after they harshly terminated him. While Boehly was stupid to fire him prematurely which cost us last season, TT is probably not the right coach for us at the moment. This immature team needs to grow. I can not see them learning to express themselves on the pitch and build leadership structures under a control freak like him. Just as I can not see us winning anything signficant under Poch but you can not deny most players have progressed. In 2 or 3 years when most of them will hit their prime years we need a proven winner as coach to get the maximum out of the squad. If TT is still going strong by then, he should be considered. Many fans still adore him, and TT still speaks highly about our club and the appreciation he recieved in England. Back then it was a good fit bc he represented a lot of he club's core values. He will be back coaching in the PL very soon and will be an absolute pain for us if he indeed takes the ManUre job.
  11. Knowing what you usually get for giving brighton money, they will probably play the b-team, get spanked 5-0, then quote Todd another 100m for Evan Ferguson's wrecked ankle joint.
  12. There is a decent chance they will be safe already before kick off. In this case I expect them to roll over as soon as we get the first goal and us winning at least 2-0. If we concede first it will probably be an eyesore affair cos then we have all the pressure and they none.
  13. The idea that telephone voters went to bat like that of them ays all you need to know about how Europe views Palestinians or I guess Arabs in general.
  14. Is anyone else concerned we're going to pull out a Burnley/Sheffield Utd performance?
  15. No more Eurovision for me. In 2007 they robbed me. Look at the song I backed: Look what won: You hear Lasha Tumbai now everyday, in every disco, every beach pub. But where did you hear the Serifovic song ever again ?? The Serbian Paparigas woman has vanished into obscurity. The utter scoundrels fixed it. Made me support brexit but only temporarily - because I discovered the brexiteers were loony types. What happened was this: Lasha Tumbai price was a good 80 to 1. Those days we did n't have Paypal in Greece but my sister had a small paypal account from when she was in the UK so she borrowed me 30 euros to make the bet with betfair. She was n't giving me more, so I did n't cover myself with place bets (40 to 1 - not bad). But it was a big time fraud. I never switch the tv on since then to watch the rubbish, but I have noticed it was n't the first and only time they gave the prize to stupid songs.
  16. I think it is obvious Poch is not a top manager anymore, if he ever was. He's not terrible either. Tactically he has not moved with the times until recently, where finally he's deployed the kind of 3-2-5 attacking setup that most of the top teams of the last few years have been using. Graham Potter in all honestly probably would have done a better job this year. But, at this point I can see the merit in keeping him on. Let the players have continuity under him for one more season. Another year to develop and assess this squad we've built. Start to fix our reputation for sacking managers too soon and not giving them a fair shot. Then bring in a top manager and go after a couple of players to hopefully finish off the puzzle of a side that can compete for titles under one of the world's elite managers, who inherits a squad of players who are close to entering their prime instead of being a little undercooked.
  17. Well, the Maatsen situation was more broadly to do with his insistence not to revert back to a 343 even though the squad make up at times made this the most obvious fit. Instead we wasted a year of Colwills development playing him at LB, Maatsen never got a chance, Caicedo and Enzo got played into the ground/exposed as Gallagher should've never left the pivot to help them out, while he could then play to his strengths and arrive later to the attacking phases rather than instigate them. The there was is refusal to drop Disaster, Sanchez, Sterling and Caicedo at times - even for there own sakes. Then there are his: A) substitutions, which to this day are still purely reactive rather than proactive B) his tactics if the game gets tight where he decides to play the game out for a draw even if we aren't set up for it and he insteads tells the teams to drop 10 yards and get tighter together whilst leaving positional clowns like Disaster and Caicedo (particularly up until two months ago) on the pitch. For me, beating up Everton, West Ham and Tottenham- whilst in poor form - isn't enough for me after what I have witnessed all season. That isn't to say he should be sacked, it is just that I am still seriously unconvinced and will need to see more evidence/see who is a actual possible replacement.
  18. I doubt we go back to par because we are finishing the season strong and always, I mean always when we end the season like that it spills in the new season until we start to decrease in November. That being said one of the biggest bad for me was Maatsen. I always wanted to give him a try before Cucu, but he kept up with him during that time. Now Cucu has improve, but it would have been better a younger product from Chelsea to be giving the time to adjust. Kind of like he did with Gallagher. But in the end you can't win them all.
  19. Not really a surprise with the players/squads we've had in that time.
  20. I cannot say I don't think Amorim is a massive risk, however like @Strike I need a lot more evidence in the next few games that Poch has 'turned a corner' and hasn't just been fortunate with playing out of form teams. Whilst, I am happy to say Poch has had a lot of issues to deal with, he has also done/not seen a lot of concerning things throughout the season. For me, keeping him on and then him going back to par is also a massive risk for next season.
  21. Villa, West Ham and Spurs have been losing frequently. I would like to wait before thinking that the overall performance levels have increased. A much bigger sample size is needed before thinking we've turned a corner. Although I am happy to continue with Poch rather than uproot the system again
  22. First Chelsea player since Eden to win this thing
  1. Load more activity

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You