test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. General Chelsea Stuff

Big weekend ahead for the club kicks off in just over an hour and a half. At 5pm UK (6pm CET) our under 19s take on Barcelona in the semi-final of the uefa Youth League. Our lads will be looking to avenge defeat by the same side in last year's final. We didn't turn up and were convincingly beaten 3-0. I felt we picked the wrong side that day; Ethan Ampadu missed the game having suffered his injury in the semi-final but George McEachran, Charlie Brown and Tariq Uwakwe, who should all have started, were on the bench. Ethan won't be involved today but George and Charlie will start for sure this time around. Barca are favourites but I'm confident we'll give a better account of ourselves than last season. The game is live on BT Sport. Then, at 2pm on Sunday, Chelsea Women, take on European Champions Lyon for a place in the Women's Champions League final. The women, very undeservedly, lost the away leg 2-1 last week in front of more than 22,000. (A record for a women's Champions League game outside of the final itself.) Lyon are widely regarded as the best female team in the world and are three time reigning European Champions. Even so, we did not look second best to them last week despite the loss. They caused us problems of course but we had the better of the game's chances including a missed penalty and a one-on-one from which Maren Mjelde looked set to score but her shot was well saved. Meanwhile, their goals were fortunate. The first came from a shot which our keeper had covered, and which would have gone wide anyway, but it was delected into the net by Magda Eriksson for her second costly own goal in a week. (Her 93rd minute own goal from a harmless cross cost us the FA Cup semi-final against Man City.) Lyon's second was from a corner which took a double ricochet at the near post to bamboozle its way past our goalie. The game at Kingsmeadow is sold out, the first time that's happened. Then of course there's the latest 'last chance' for the men to claim a Champions League spot. They owe themselves a good result don't they?
  3. Chelsea Kits thread

They're a hell of a lot better than what we're getting served
  4. Ola Aina

According to a report in Italy, via The 5th Stand app, Fiorentina will try to persuade Ola to choose them over Torino. As we've discussed earlier in this thread, if Ola wants to go, there's nothing CFC can do to resist the binding buy option agreed with Torino as part of his loan deal. That does not mean however that we can't ask Ola to stay here rather than accept the move. I think he'd be a good squad player because of his flexibillity, but a place in the squad probably won't be enough bait to tempt him unless... Unless this rumour has been planted by his representitives looking for leverage to negotiate better terms with the Turin outfit. If we wanted to compete on pay we probably could. Best contract, plus a part of the rotation is at least something we could make a case to him about.
  5. Ola Aina

I wouldn't want to lose Azpi. We need some 'glue' in the squad.Some people with feeling for the club. Not enough of those currently.
  6. Today
  7. Reece James

It might be ludicrous, or it might be right. I think it's right, but I accept we don't agree about that. If I tone it done a bit and say that he's one of the best, who should be a member of the squad next season, then maybe we can agree about that.
  8. Man Utd v Chelsea

Herrera man marked Hazard a few times very well, if he doesnt play on sunday, Eden will have more space to do his magic.
  9. The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

I think this Liverpool team is better than barca. More complete and more balance. I favor pool to best barca. The only way barca to win is to have Messi waving his magic feet.
  10. Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1st season, impossible to judge. We have better squad but as we all know having clinical striker can solve tons of problems. Arsenal has two real striker. We have 0.
  11. Man Utd v Chelsea

FS I hope Jones can play hazard always makes a wee boy out of him lol
  12. Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

That's not the point. We haven't really progressed throughout the season. In fact, second half of this season is worse than the first. We shouldn't care about this. It's the END result that matters. So we should award him with a sticker for failure? Even I didn't put this as a positive for Klopp when he reached both finals. We have the easiest run in to the semis, more than any other decent team in it. Tell me, which team have we faced yet that was a challenge, from the very first game. Lol...two months ago, Arsenal-Mania people said the exact opposite of this. I laughed when they said that because that's far from the truth. (Sarri gets all the praise, Emery doesn't) And point 5 is far from the truth as well. Hardly any pundit has praised Emery for having a good season. They did at one point, when Arsenal climbed up 3rd...but they stopped now. However Emery's achievement of getting top 4 will be bigger than Sarri's. Why? Because Arsenal looked like a joke for years. They still look like one even to many eyes. People rate our squad over theirs. So if Emery reaches top 4, it'll be more of a miracle to Arsenal, then it is for Chelsea. Also, which idiot here thought Chelsea was going to win the league with Sarri this season? Who? Especially with that joke head Morata. The board? 100% agree. The fans? The managers (Sarri, Mourinho and Conte) brought these things upon themselves. Don't blame the fans.
  13. Man Utd v Chelsea

the backward passes are a joke, specially when we are in need of a goal, its been a constant theme this season, it just puts even more pressure on defense, too many passes to Kepa and the backline specially if Luiz and Christensen are playing, always bound to make a mistake at some point in the game, its frustrating as hell
  14. Man Utd v Chelsea

Just hope if we build up a attack we don't end up back where we started. The backwards passing drives me mad
  15. Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

I didnt say he is world class, just better than Sarii, and that PSG bottlejob was not only down to him, PSG again blew it vs utd......that team is filled with mercinaries that rarely give any shit in the big games. His Arsenal have shown more Progress than us imo....they have a horrible team with lots of injuries, yet they are in semi's in EL convincingly and just a point below us. If forced I much rather Emery than Sarii.
  16. Chelsea Kits thread

Some of them look like they have been puked up.
  17. Man Utd v Chelsea

United will play the counter attack game which mean they will allow possession to us which we really dont make use of. For once, I would have loved to play the park the bus strategy against this Ole's United ... his players specially the 2 upfront and the full backs are always on the run trying to beat the defense which allow the central players to move up and crowd the opposition half... If a team sits behind it doesnt allow them gap like Burnely in the last game, United would be on the back foot. But Sarri will play his usual false 9 on this trying to counter the pace on the flanks with Pedro and Willian and Alonso and Azpi ... going to the same old thing. As i mentioned before we dont win at OT unless an individual steps up which for us is Hazard.
  18. Chelsea Kits thread

Look at those. Even the inter one I think is a bit iffy with the diagonal stripes in the middle but all in all decent plain shirts (my preference only).
  19. Chelsea Kits thread

They couldn't give a fuck about us mate. The annoyance is any of the other teams tops I've seen, albeit not confirmed, look decent enough. Why is this acceptable?
  20. Man Utd v Chelsea

According to Goal: - Rüdiger might be ready to play - Alonso and Ampadu have not been training with the first squad - Willian had a thigh injury but not serious - Kanté should be okay At Manchester, Bailly, Jones and Ander Herrera are all doubts.
  21. Chelsea Kits thread

Like a costume for halloween ...
  22. Chelsea Kits thread

My 10 year old LOVES the home shirt..... Kids are mad
  23. Man Utd v Chelsea

So Emerson makes one to three mistakes in his first real season, therefore we should slam him down exactly like Alonso, who is more experienced but slow and made hundreds of mistakes over the years. You are having a laugh if you think Alonso would have prevented Burnley's second goal. Not saying what Emerson did was okay, but be realistic. We only have two choices. Him or Alonso.
  24. Tammy Abraham

That's the Players' team of the year(PFA). In the EFL Championship team of the year(where the 24 head coaches vote) Tammy wasn't included but Reece was.
  25. 10. Eden Hazard

He is good as gone imo... interesting what we will do with the transfer ban...
  26. Man Utd v Chelsea

Gonna be a disaster...
  27. Load more activity