Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FORMER CHELSEA ASSISTANT MANAGER RAY WILKINS"We've had lots of older coaches come in at Stamford Bridge and they've not done as well, so we have to give this young man the credit for what he has done up to now.

"Let's give the young man a chance, he's obviously done exceptionally well. His man-management skills, from what I can read from the players he has worked with, are first class.

"That will be required at Stamford Bridge because these are big players, big guys, and it will be very interesting to see how he goes on."

FORMER CHELSEA BOSS JOHN HOLLINS"He could be fearless. I think it could be a breath of fresh air, bringing in a fresh approach to what is maybe a tired football team.

"This guy is as young as some of the players are so he will be on the same wavelength with them, but is it going to be a three or four-year programme as opposed to having to win something in his first year? That is the one thing we don't know yet, but he has won three competitions in Portugal just like that, so he could be a whizz-kid.

"It's a gamble but I think it's a calculated gamble. I still don't know if Guus Hiddink [former Chelsea boss] will be coming as an adviser to the young man. If he does, that will only strengthen the position."

FORMER CHELSEA WINGER PAT NEVIN"There is always a risk with every managerial appointment, but he is highly regarded as one of the up-and-coming young European coaches and has been successful in domestic and European competition.

"He is flavour of the moment and Chelsea have seen something in him."

Longevity is the key factor! Give AVB time

Irony is that Sounesa picked on him for not being a player while he himself was shit for Liverpool and Benefica As a manager inspite of being a player.

Souness then picks on him by saying Portuguese league is very easy and winning league is no big achievement forgetting the fact that he won Fuck all at Benefica and was fired in two seasons.

good points.

ex-footballers become pundits when they either fail as coaches or haven`t got the balls to become one themselves.

is something about former liverpool players and their skill of talking shit as pundits..Souness,Thompson,Beglin,Hansen,Collymore..