Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

If its Hiddink he will just use Essien, Drogba, Lampard and Malouda for the whole season no matter what.

Hiddink played younger players at PSV and played Mancienne a fair few times in his last stint.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same team for next season with only 2 or 3 players coming in.....I think Lukaku is one of them, and maybe Kevin De Bruyne, leaving us with 2 players coming in....

Do i see us getting a new RB, Winger, and Creative midfield? Looks very hard right now, if we only getting 2 or 3 after the new manager comes in.

And most likely the coach is going to be someone we expect, like Guus. If not Guus i would love it to be Marcelo Bielsa! blue%20scalf.gif

What's in the news to be cheerful about. The same base of old tired uncreative legs with just 3 new additions. is this how we aim to end the transitional period and build for the future.

Day 1 lineup?

GK Cech

RB Ivanovic

CB Alex

CB Terry

LB Cole

CM Essien

CM Lampard

CM Gatuso

ST Anelka

ST Drogba

ST Malouda

SUBS

Hilario

Luiz

Ferreira

Ramires

Beckham

Kalou

Torres

Nothing in terms of Chelsea can surprise me any more.

Yep that's what I expect as well next season. that "the same base" statement from Gourlay clearly hinted at that.somethings never change

Guest justin_3d

What's in the news to be cheerful about. The same base of old tired uncreative legs with just 3 new additions. is this how we aim to end the transitional period and build for the future.

Because 3 players in is all i ever asked for.

They have been a creative mid, winger, and RB.

Some don't agree with a RB here so another striker is good for them, in the type of Lukaku.

A winger i guess Kevin de Bryune might be it....but i am not sure if that counts cause he will be loan. We still need a winger.

And one more would be a creative midfield, unless we are going to rely on Yossi, and give time to Josh.

Some don't agree with a RB here so another striker is good for them, in the type of Lukaku.

A winger i guess Kevin de Bryune might be it....but i am not sure if that counts cause he will be loan. We still need a winger.

And one more would be a creative midfield, unless we are going to rely on Yossi, and give time to Josh.

And the "the same base" statement doesn't scare you? same base which could be interpreted as Malouda,Essien,Lampard, Drogba all having major involvement next season.

Totally agree with you. VDW, Mata, Modric for me :)

raymondverheije raymond verheijen Can't wait to work with Premier League club again to repeat the 'work-rate' & 'injury' statistics we had at Manchester City with Mark Hughes.

Might be reading too much into this, but Im certain he is coming to CFC, given his "interesting developments at CFC" tweet before. Just got a nagging feeling Hughes is involved in the set-up

Guest justin_3d

And the "the same base" statement doesn't scare you? same base which could be interpreted as Malouda,Essien,Lampard, Drogba all having major involvement next season.

Yeah those are good for me.

Only players i have asked to leave in the past and still do now is Anelka so Sturridge can take his place, Bosingwa so we can get a new RB unless we promote, and the wild card would have been Kalou if he wanted to leave.

But i did not saw major changes needed either. Just 2 or 3 out, and 2 or 3 in.

I was never for a total overhaul. That is bad, and don't need it.

We got a good squad, just need small changes.

To tell the truth I wouldn't mind if the new manager can get them to play close to their 100 percent...

We got a good squad

Your right, just a shame most of them are well fed international superstars who play like they are playing a casual game off headers and volleys.

Yeah those are good for me.

Only players i have asked to leave in the past and still do now is Anelka so Sturridge can take his place, Bosingwa so we can get a new RB unless we promote, and the wild card would have been Kalou if he wanted to leave.

But i did not saw major changes needed either. Just 2 or 3 out, and 2 or 3 in.

I was never for a total overhaul. That is bad, and don't need it.

We got a good squad, just need small changes.

I stopped reading your post after you asserted no major overhaul is required in a team that consist of many players over the age of 30 in a highly physical and competitive league. you can't be serious mate

Guest justin_3d

Your right, just a shame most of them are well fed international superstars who play like they are playing a casual game off headers and volleys.

The problem here is that Carlo over burn the players. Playing the same players over and over again, with little rotation.

We got rid of a lot of player and was suppose to give room to the youth, and they hardly had time, so this put too much on the players we had.

Once we got Torres and David Luiz it helped, but it was too late.

So if we buy 2 or 3, and get rid of 2 or 3 that have past their sell by date, we should be good.

Guest justin_3d

I stopped reading your post after you asserted no major overhaul is required in a team that consist of many players over the age of 30 in a highly physical and competitive league. you can't be serious mate

I am serious.

Carlo did not thought it was wise, neither the board, and neither me.

2 or 3 players in and 2 or 3 players out. Do that every season, with trying to integrate youth. Can't buy a whole squad and completely forget about your youth.

This way is best, cause at least you leave the door open to maybe 1 or 2 youth to have a chance.

Short memory?

It's what most of them have been playing like all season, im grateful for the double they delivered in 2010 and it weren't the dip in form that fucked me off i can handle that if they put the effort in but half of them did not all season, they get payed over 100k a week but can't be fucked to perform to fans who save up and pay good money and travel up and down the country to watch them play? that's what fucks me off.