Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

And so? Ronaldinho was 2x WPOTY and Deco was their main playmaker. Barca could have easily and conveniently held on to two their biggest stars. No? but they were smart to recognize the importance of reinvention. Now they are reaping the rewards of the seemingly absurd (according to some football pundit and fans) decision.

Funny, I was going to use Ronaldinho and Barca as an example in my earlier post but deleted it. It's a good example clearly :champions:

Not only was Ronnie 2x WPOTY, he was younger than Lampard and Drogba are this summer. Chelsea tried to squeeze one or two major trophies out of the old core players this season and it didn't work. Why do they think it'll work next season? And please don't use the injuries and fatigue reasons. Lampard and Drogba will be one year older but somehow less inclined to injuries and fatigue? Sure, it could turn they stay injury free and have career seasons but let's talk about reasonable odds here.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, foundation needs to be rebuilt and/or replaced every now and then, but it can't be done all at once. The house itself would collapse. In our case, replacing the spine too quickly would also inadvertently perform a lobotomy. The passing of the guard can happen over a couple of seasons, which would make the transition smoother.

And so? Ronaldinho was 2x WPOTY and Deco was their main playmaker. Barca could have easily and conveniently held on to two their biggest stars. No? but they were smart to recognize the importance of reinvention. Now they are reaping the rewards of the seemingly absurd (according to some football pundit and fans) decision.

The rewards of the core they had when they dumped Deco and Ronaldinho. What I want to say is that we should have signed some players 2-3 years before. Why haven't we signed David Silva in 2008? He was already a promising player then. Or someone else. Like Zolayes said we waited for too long with refreshing now we are paying the price. But this all is probably Ancelotti's fault.

Funny, I was going to use Ronaldinho and Barca as an example in my earlier post but deleted it. It's a good example clearly :champions:

Not only was Ronnie 2x WPOTY, he was younger than Lampard and Drogba are this summer. Chelsea tried to squeeze one or two major trophies out of the old core players this season and it didn't work. Why do they think it'll work next season? And please don't use the injuries and fatigue reasons. Lampard and Drogba will be one year older but somehow less inclined to injuries and fatigue? Sure, it could turn they stay injury free and have career seasons but let's talk about reasonable odds here.

But Barca already had Messi in 2008. Who do we have now?

Excellent points. I challenge anyone to counter the highlighted statements without looking like a fool in the process :lol:

Meaning? He will be 30 next year and has never been the same player since the knee injury he sustained. This is the best time to cash in on him while some clubs are still interested in his signature.next year may be too late.

meaning you were wrong when you said he`s 29 soon to be 30. he`s not even soon to be 29 really.it`s 6 months away.

it usually takes 2 years to fully recover from a serious knee injury..the way Bison has recovered in the past was not the norm. a little patience for one of the best players we have ever had and is only 28 shouldn`t be too much to ask for...never mind the cash. there`s a lot of players that should be sold ahead of Essien.

No one has Messi except for Barca. Chelsea though has invested lots of money in Luiz and Torres. And there are candidates out there to sign and they are better than Lampard and Drogba at this stage of their careers (please don't pounce on me about their overall careers, I'm comparing today's Modric to today's Lampard for example). There's always a risk of failure but I can't see how holding onto aging superstars is a better policy.

The rewards of the core they had when they dumped Deco and Ronaldinho. What I want to say is that we should have signed some players 2-3 years before. Why haven't we signed David Silva in 2008? He was already a promising player then. Or someone else. Like Zolayes said we waited for too long with refreshing now we are paying the price. But this all is probably Ancelotti's fault.

Yes we missed the window of opportunity to rebuild the squad but why would it be disastrous to rectify the mistake and rebuild now. with the aging players we have as core, our chances of winning a major trophy next season is slim but it's certainly more productive and sustainable in the long run to replace the aging core with new and younger ones now, Prolonging the process will add absolutely no value to the team but make things even worse imho.

we can certainly sacrifice not winning any title next season and rebuild the team now or stick with the same players and aggravate the problem even further. which outcome would you prefer?

Of course Modric would be grat signing and I would welcome him. I don't see why we couldn't sign him and keep Lampard. What if he injures? What midfield are we then going to play? Essien-Mikel-Ramires?

We had a fucked up policy from 2006. Instead of signing Deco and Ballack(<- aging superstars) we could have signed Modric.

Lampard isn't superstar, he is family. :D

Of course Modric would be grat signing and I would welcome him. I don't see why we couldn't sign him and keep Lampard. What if he injures? What midfield are we then going to play? Essien-Mikel-Ramires?

We had a fucked up policy from 2006. Instead of signing Deco and Ballack(<- aging superstars) we could have signed Modric.

Lampard isn't superstar, he is family. :D

Josh,Ramires,Mikel,Kevin De bruyne (if he signs). btw we don't need Essien as well. we have Ramires who is a similar player and younger

Yes we missed the window of opportunity to rebuild the squad but why would it be disastrous to rectify the mistake and rebuild now. with the aging players we have as core, our chances of winning a major trophy next season is slim but it's certainly more productive and sustainable in the long run to replace the aging core with new and younger ones now, Prolonging the process will add absolutely no value to the team but make things even worse imho.

we can certainly sacrifice not winning any title next season and rebuild the team now or stick with the same players and aggravate the problem even further. which outcome would you prefer?

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Rami Mikel

Sanchez Pastore Mata

Torres

And others.

3 signings. That 11 and other players(rotation ...) can win the PL.

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Rami Mikel

Sanchez Pastore Mata

Torres

And others.

I like that.

It accommodates for youth players to come in (i.e. McEachran on for Mikel or Rami.. Sturridge on for Torres/Mata..) & gives a well balanced attack & defence.

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Rami Mikel

Sanchez Pastore Mata

Torres

And others.

Notice how you relegated Lampard,Drogba,Malouda,Anelka to the bench for more technical and younger players which only further strengthens my argument. rebuilding a team for the future doesn't neccessarily mean integrating all the youth players into the first team 11 or overhauling the whole current squad..buying quality and younger players to compliment some current squad players and the cream of the youth team usually does the magic.

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Rami Mikel

Sanchez Pastore Mata

Torres

And others.

Wonderful.

In the real world, I'd be pleasantly surprised if Chelsea signs one of the three (San/Pas/Mata). And the other real world matter would be who is going to bench Drogba, Lampard and Malouda...and keep them happy and productive for the club?

Wonderful.

In the real world, I'd be pleasantly surprised if Chelsea signs one of the three (San/Pas/Mata). And the other real world matter would be who is going to bench Drogba, Lampard and Malouda...and keep them happy and productive for the club?

fantasy land ...we wont get Sanchez and the price for Pastore is ridiculous

Wonderful.

Look at my avatar. :D

I don't think that Lamps and Drog are spoiled children.

ver%2B-%2Bguus.jpg

Chelsea's future Assitant/fitness ( Raymond Verheijen ) and Head coach (Hiddink)

Apparantly Raymond Verheijen Is the best in the business when it comes to fitness and 'burnout' would be really excited if we bagged these two!

worth a listen: http://www.talksport..._medium=twitter

raymondverheije raymond verheijen Can't wait to work with Premier League club again to repeat the 'work-rate' & 'injury' statistics we had at Manchester City with Mark Hughes