Stamford Bridge thread

Followers 2

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi. Here is a first *rough* colour render. I've so many things to fix on this image, but thought I'd show you what progress has been made.

The design of the four new stands will take their inspiration not from the uniform style of most recent stadiums, but from the buttresses, pillars and gothic architecture of Westminster Abbey in whose

It'll be close to 65k. 2 Bridges, 1 to West Brompton and 1 to the back of Fulham Broadway. They will lower the ground. Wembley is looking the most likely temp ground.

Posted Images

Chelsea face three years away from Stamford Bridge as they invite fans to view plans for revamped 60,000 stadium

• Chelsea are offering the chance to view new plans for Stamford Bridge
  • Premier League champions want to expand to a 60,000 capacity in SW6
  • Fans and local residents are invited to an exhibition from June 30-July 2
  • Redevelopment would take at least three years to complete
  • Wembley Stadium and Twickenham sounded out as temporary homes

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3124822/Chelsea-invite-fans-view-plans-60-000-capacity-Stamford-Bridge-face-three-years-away-redevelop-stadium.html#ixzz3d9u7McWX

Hope we move to Craven Cottage. Champions league nights at the cottage against Real Madrid...

That would definitely be the first and last time the Cottage has seen that kind of atmosphere.

• Like 2

So yes its another one of these topics but guy on my facebook went to a meeting at stamford bridge tonight which was run my Bruce Buck. He said its pretty much 100 percent that we will be moving stadiums. 60k seat stadium and its a matter of when not if. Waiting on finding location.

Thoughts?

will all be for the better in the long run

Whenever I get over to London, I do want to see Craven Cottage if I get a chance. I like that old stand and the cottage in the corner. I have a soft spot for old style stands.

As far as I can see the most likely answer to this is going to involve rotating the pitch. If they can rake the lower tiers of both the East and West Stands and lower the pitch by several yards, most of the existing East and West Stands could become the ends of the ground with the capacity retained.

If the rotated pitch was placed on the northern edge of the current pitch these might be space to build a new Matthew Harding Stand that extends back across the railway and wipes out the health club.

The Shed side of the pitch would then be much further forward, so there would also be space on that side for a full stand.

Lowering the pitch level allows the new stands to be taller without going much higher. Keeping the East and West facilities intact, if possible, also seems to make sense, and the hotel can stay. Only the health center gets wiped, and you'd figure they could find space to replace that in the new buildings.

It seems to me that it's either do something like this, or it's take everything down and start again.

Whenever I get over to London, I do want to see Craven Cottage if I get a chance. I like that old stand and the cottage in the corner. I have a soft spot for old style stands.

getting there from the tube is a fucker.

The 2 most important things for me are an on site Nandos with an exclusive menu put together by Izzy Brown and Charlie Colkett and a massive fuck off throne for uncle Roman to sit on in a pimp outfit below a large neon sign that says 'deal with it'

• Like 4

The 2 most important things for me are an on site Nandos with an exclusive menu put together by Izzy Brown and Charlie Colkett and a massive fuck off throne for uncle Roman to sit on in a pimp outfit below a large neon sign that says 'deal with it'

What?! Lol.