Stamford Bridge Thread

We know something new about of the future of Stamford Bridge ?. This ruled out the option of switching to Battersea Power Station?.

Large europes teams like Real Madrid, Bayern ... are making or have made changes in their stadiums to improve their fields, have more seats for fans and especially putting malls to enhance its economy through advertising. I think an improvement could help us become a reference team in the world in the coming years.

I'm not from London but I've been there several times and have seen our stadium and I saw that on the same block are other buildings and I had read that Chelsea was trying to buy these buildings to expand the stadium. It´s true?

I also think putting a cover on would improve stadium (no offense to anyone with this comment) quality of our lawn because London is a city where it rains a lot (I love London and the London weather) and a teams like ours when it's raining play worse and facilitates plays the game for the small teams that rain.

I just wanted to ask how are the plans for the reform of Stamford Bridge and I think it would be nice we talked about proposals for improvement the Bridge. I propose to put a deck stadium to ensure that our lawn is in perfect condition (I know that in England many matches are played in the rain - I apologize for all the people that could be offended with my comment-). I'm sure that the atmosphere would be much more exciting.

I leave for all 6 images so you can see different examples of football stadiums that have covered and can serve for the new Standford Bridge. I do not know exactly what word to use properly to explain-I am not English and I do not know that words used in England when I speak of cover. Other word can be ceiling. I hope you may understand me.

As you see in the images are stadiums with retractable roof with a transparent structure that allows light between 100% to reach the grass. The cover can be put on and off according to our needs, being discovered when does a sunny day and also cover when raining. Besides this new cover allows air conditioning at the stadium which benefits the fans and players who'd be more protected in days of very cold or very hot days.

The benefits in economic terms is that we could use the stadium to host concert (as in stadiums like Santiago Bernabeu for example) during the summer months when no competition is not playing. Last summer, The Rolling Stones or Bruce Springsteen made his concert at the Santiago Bernabeu and such events generate much money we could help us with the Financial Fair Play.

I hope your comments.

1375413370_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.

Bernabeu-proyecto-florentino.jpg

Forsyth-Barr_1-990x465.jpg

2-Exterior.jpg

1-Interior_Cubierta.jpg

bernabeu3.jpg

We know something new about of the future of Stamford Bridge ?. This ruled out the option of switching to Battersea Power Station?.

Large europes teams like Real Madrid, Bayern ... are making or have made changes in their stadiums to improve their fields, have more seats for fans and especially putting malls to enhance its economy through advertising. I think an improvement could help us become a reference team in the world in the coming years.

I'm not from London but I've been there several times and have seen our stadium and I saw that on the same block are other buildings and I had read that Chelsea was trying to buy these buildings to expand the stadium. It´s true?

I also think putting a cover on would improve stadium (no offense to anyone with this comment) quality of our lawn because London is a city where it rains a lot (I love London and the London weather) and a teams like ours when it's raining play worse and facilitates plays the game for the small teams that rain.

I just wanted to ask how are the plans for the reform of Stamford Bridge and I think it would be nice we talked about proposals for improvement the Bridge. I propose to put a deck stadium to ensure that our lawn is in perfect condition (I know that in England many matches are played in the rain - I apologize for all the people that could be offended with my comment-). I'm sure that the atmosphere would be much more exciting.

Roof is probably the best word to use.

The attitude of the local council and residents makes it highly doubtful that we'd get a licence for concerts or other non-football events at Stamford Bridge. Even if we did manage to stage some, the revenue would probably count as being generated from non-football activity and so would not count for FFP in any case. That does not mean that extra income would not be welcome, of course it would, but there would be no impact on FFP.

Thanks OhForAGreavsie! From now on I will use the word roof for this question (I did not know exactly what was the word most appropriate).

I had read that we had had problems with the attitude of the local council and the residents on the reforms of the bridge but I did not think to issues such as performing concerts or events in our field to improve our economy they might hinder us. I've also read that when we thought to move to Battersea Power Station they put us back many problems. I think it is unfair for a club like ours with over 100 years of history deal. I know my opinion is very distorted because I do not live in London and I don´t know well the London culture because I've only been to London several times on vacation, and I respect it
too much if this is part of London's culture, but I think it would be nice if they would let us continue to grow as a team. (I will apologize in advance if anyone could feel offended by my would remark, it is not my intention to offend anyone).

I think it's interesting comment on the issue of the roof because it could provide many benefits in economic and sports terms.

On the issue of FFP I just do not understand what is required from UEFA, but if it bothers me to see how other teams get great players and they are not afraid FFP. It is quite unfair.

Regards.

Roof is probably the best word to use.

The attitude of the local council and residents makes it highly doubtful that we'd get a licence for concerts or other non-football events at Stamford Bridge. Even if we did manage to stage some, the revenue would probably count as being generated from non-football activity and so would not count for FFP in any case. That does not mean that extra income would not be welcome, of course it would, but there would be no impact on FFP.

Thanks OhForAGreavsie! From now on I will use the word roof for this question (I did not know exactly what was the word most appropriate).

I had read that we had had problems with the attitude of the local council and the residents on the reforms of the bridge but I did not think to issues such as performing concerts or events in our field to improve our economy they might hinder us. I've also read that when we thought to move to Battersea Power Station they put us back many problems. I think it is unfair for a club like ours with over 100 years of history deal. I know my opinion is very distorted because I do not live in London and I don´t know well the London culture because I've only been to London several times on vacation, and I respect it too much if this is part of London's culture, but I think it would be nice if they would let us continue to grow as a team. (I will apologize in advance if anyone could feel offended by my would remark, it is not my intention to offend anyone).

I think it's interesting comment on the issue of the roof because it could provide many benefits in economic and sports terms.

On the issue of FFP I just do not understand what is required from UEFA, but if it bothers me to see how other teams get great players and they are not afraid FFP. It is quite unfair.

Regards.

Not really related to the first team but didn't know where else to post:

http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/11693853.AFC_Wimbledon_agree_deal_to_sell_Kingsmeadow_stadium_to_Chelsea/

AFC Wimbledon will sell us Kingsmeadow stadium if their proposals for Plough Lane get accepted. We will use the stadium for the youth and woman's team. I hope we will still let Kingstonians play there if it all goes through.

http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/11693853.AFC_Wimbledon_agree_deal_to_sell_Kingsmeadow_stadium_to_Chelsea/

AFC Wimbledon will sell us Kingsmeadow stadium if their proposals for Plough Lane get accepted. We will use the stadium for the youth and woman's team. I hope we will still let Kingstonians play there if it all goes through.

Would be a great idea to have it all on one ground for youth reserves and the ladies.

What will happen to Kingstonian FC?

Architects Journal is considered very reliable as it pretty much represents the entire architectural profession. Herzog & De Muoron are also very, very reputable as an architectural practice, not only for their stadium work but also Public Exhibition, Museum and Gallery projects around the world. They are currently working on the expansion of Tate Modern (and were the original architects for it's refurbishment) and are known among the profession for creating very iconic buildings. They recently narrowly missed out on the expansion of the Bernabeu.

Exciting news, just a bit.. hmm.. not worried but concerned as the area is really a limiting factor us. The real estate around SB is an absolute fortune, let alone the compensation costs the club would have to pay the borough or basically do something for the council to compensate.

Be great if we can extend to 60k though.

The allianz, what a stadium. I'd love it if we can light the stadium!

Exciting news, just a bit.. hmm.. not worried but concerned as the area is really a limiting factor us. The real estate around SB is an absolute fortune, let alone the compensation costs the club would have to pay the borough or basically do something for the council to compensate.

Be great if we can extend to 60k though.

The allianz, what a stadium. I'd love it if we can light the stadium!

Allianz Arena landed in the middle of nowhere like a spaceship though..

M%C3%BCnchen_-_Allianz-Arena_%28Luftbild

Doubt we could do the same in a residential area, for the reasons aforementioned.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that maybe we should ask us to change the location of Stamford Bridge. I'm not saying we have to move, but maybe it's a good possibility to think about building a new stadium, with much larger capacity and where we can create commercial places in the new stadium and build a great museum our history. We are the first and only team in the City of London which has won the Champions League.

I understand it is emocionamente difficult to talk about this. For me it is also difficult to think of this, but if we want to compete with Real Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona, we have to obtain new economic income.

This is a very difficult subject to talk, Stamford Bridge is part of our history, we are the Stamford Bridge, but think about a change could give us the opportunity to improve our own history.

I remember the project of building a new stadium at Battersea Power Station (I think that possibility is totally discarded by the club, but I do not know if it's safe). But focusing on the architecture of the proposed stadium at Battersea Power Station was beautiful and with a similar culture to the English style buildings, so if we we did a new field, we, in my opinion, maybe we could mimic the type architecture Battersea Power Station and become the new Stamford Bridge part of the reference buildings in London.

article-2163169-13BC4295000005DC-45_964x

article-2163169-13BC42CB000005DC-504_964

Battersea+Power+Station+as+Chelseas+grou

Battersea+Power+Plant+Will+Be+Chelsea+Ne

I live in Madrid, and perfectly know the Santiago Bernabeu stadium of Real Madrid. This stadium is a real moneymaking machine. The Santiago Bernabeu has many of the most important restaurants in Madrid, an impressive museum (which is visited each year by 1 million people and is a tourist reference) with a tour of the entire field which is great and they have a capacity 81,000 seats.

But Real Madrid will rebuild their country and they will make a real revolution, which will make them earn them three times as many each year in economic income the amount they win now with their stadium. Its revenues are going to shoot and economic performance that they will take to rebuild their stadium will be spectacular.

In Spain the legal norms in construction of buildings are not like in England and in Spain is much easier to rebuild the Santiago Bernabeu stadium. That is why they do not have to change the location of the stadium Santiago Bernabeu.

I leave you a video of the new stadium if anyone wants to comment on this topic. I believe that the Financial Fair Play can destroy us if we do not make changes in our Club.

I know this topic is a very sensitive issue for any fan of Chelsea, but I think we all could speak quietly.

I hope I have spoken without offending anyone.

Regards.