The English Football Thread

Steve

28 minutes ago, prehuman said:

I found it very strange that Leicester, with Chilwell's money, ended up hiring a right back when he could have gone for players like Telles, Gosens or Tagliafico.

It is true that he can play on the left side, but it is not the same thing, it was a very strange move.

Makes you think all those players might not be that good after all. Apart from Reguilon, who probably is a tier above Leicester I have never been really convinced with any of them too. 

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

51 minutes ago, prehuman said:

I found it very strange that Leicester, with Chilwell's money, ended up hiring a right back when he could have gone for players like Telles, Gosens or Tagliafico.

It is true that he can play on the left side, but it is not the same thing, it was a very strange move.

maybe they know something we do not about the state of Ricardo Pereira and his injury

this is from 2 and half months ago

Ricardo Pereira's injury is worse than first feared

https://onefootball.com/en/news/ricardo-pereiras-injury-is-worse-than-first-feared-30220794

16 minutes ago, Vesper said:

maybe they know something we do not about the state of Ricardo Pereira and his injury

https://onefootball.com/en/news/ricardo-pereiras-injury-is-worse-than-first-feared-30220794

Yep, maybe they thought they need cover for RB too. And if they trust Justin's development it makes sense to bring in a player who can play both sides. Castagne, Pereira and Justin seems okay for a team like Leicester.

34 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Makes you think all those players might not be that good after all. Apart from Reguilon, who probably is a tier above Leicester I have never been really convinced with any of them too. 

I know all 3 well and they would all be a great addition to a team like Leicester.
I honestly don't think any of them are inferior to Chilwell.
The advantages of Chilwell are being English and younger.
And Frank trusts him.

And Reguilon, despite all the hype, is a player that I have seen several games between Real Madrid and Sevilha, I think he is inferior to any of them.
He is young, but very irregular during a season, everyone keeps the images of the last games in the Europa League, but during the year there were very weak phases in Sevilha and many people criticized him.

I know that most people analyze the highlights and save only the last images and this makes it very difficult for a moderate analysis.

It is just my sincere opinion.

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

That may be the reasoning, but if so, they could also hire a player for the left side, they have money for that.
With Chilwell's money they could cover both positions.

soo early

but I would have to say

my candidates for going down

Fulham

West Brom

West Ham

West Brom absolutely needs to buy players, their entire squad is so low in value and class

the total value is less than paid for just Kepa

less than we paid for Kai

£69.89m

highest value player is £8.5m

no other are even worth £5m

this is T-Markt vales of course, not real cost

need to revisit this after the window closes

3b3f4b5f705c7bc1fd99939bc97144b7.png

496970c6061ee97b284eea7785b16350.png

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Facts mate, state of defenders is shocking compared to yester-years, non comparable.

Yesteryears defenders by inlarge played in deeper lines with one sometimes two defensive midfielders. Most teams these days especially at the top ask fullbacks to push on, CB's to split and have a preference for a more DLP infront of them as opposed to a "traditional DM". The demands of a CB in this day in age are infinity times higher.

Yesteryears defenders by inlarge played in deeper lines with one sometimes two defensive midfielders. Most teams these days especially at the top ask fullbacks to push on, CB's to split and have a preference for a more DLP infront of them as opposed to a "traditional DM". The demands of a CB in this day in age are infinity times higher.

How many years are we looking in the past though?

AC Milan had for instance Pirlo as a DLP and Cafu as a RB going forward, while also Jankulovski went forward. Maldini and Nesta were very comfortable even when they were both old.

Maldini, Nesta or Baresi could defend, could dribble past players, play great passes and score high level goals with their feet. You can't ask for more than that

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk