The English Football Thread

Steve

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

The funny thing is even United fans have been saying AWB isn't great going forward either. Not only us people. 

if they do not want him there they are welcome to trade him here for Emerson or Alonso, lolol

• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Fernandes hitting form worries me. Before his arrival ManUre couldnt tear down a low blok to save their lives. Now they do so with ease. And they still dont concede.

They had probably their best 11 playing today and it looked like they finally clicked. Pogba in a more subdued role makes sense cos he is actually not that good despite his hype and let the superior Fernandes run the show. I really hope they fuck up at least once but can not see it happening at the moment. We on the other hand still struggle to break down buses and are prone to concede. Really need that win tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Fernandes hitting form worries me. Before his arrival ManUre couldnt tear down a low blok to save their lives. Now they do so with ease. And they still dont concede.

They had probably their best 11 playing today and it looked like they finally clicked. Pogba in a more subdued role makes sense cos he is actually not that good despite his hype and let the superior Fernandes run the show. I really hope they fuck up at least once but can not see it happening at the moment. We on the other hand still struggle to break down buses and are prone to concede. Really need that win tomorrow.

15 games unbeaten in all. Know havent won all but still compared to where they were earlier

Plus building up goal difference. Know might not come down to that but there's Leicester on 30..Man U on 20..and us on 14. Wolves least on 11 but nice to have that built up incase.

Hopefully can win tommrow..big would be better.

Just now, Laylabelle said:

15 games unbeaten in all. Know havent won all but still compared to where they were earlier

Plus building up goal difference. Know might not come down to that but there's Leicester on 30..Man U on 20..and us on 14. Wolves least on 11 but nice to have that built up incase.

Hopefully can win tommrow..big would be better.

I dont think we will win big with our current strikeforce. From the chances created we could have scored 100 goals or more this season. I hope it will change with Werner. Maybe it is the tempo but even good finishers like Batshit turn to j-league players as soon as they get presented by a chance in our setup.

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I dont think we will win big with our current strikeforce. From the chances created we could have scored 100 goals or more this season. I hope it will change with Werner. Maybe it is the tempo but even good finishers like Batshit turn to j-league players as soon as they get presented by a chance in our setup.

True has been frustrating to watch all that build up and end up anywhere but on target.

Though guess long as win tommrow all good..anything less then oh...

52 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

How many times have we heard that Wan Bissaka is horrible offensively? 

Guess what. He has 4 PL assists. Only Willian and Azpi have more in our squad (5).

His "assist" tonight shows exactly why that stat is misleading, he passed it on a few yards and Greenwood did the rest, whereas not long before that Lamptey made a clever beautiful timed low cross into the box but was denied an assist due to the forward not trapping the ball propely. Reminds me of 16/17 when Matic got a clutch of assist's by being the one that made 2 yard passes to Hazard before many of his wonder goals.

Ultimately you're relying on someone else to do their job to get an assist, even if you make the best pass of all time, it's still out of your hands. Key passes and dribbles are better metrics to judge creativity.

53 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Spot on. I've watched AWB plenty of times this season and he's been a donkey going forward. Looks almost like Kante when he's near the box when he's in possesion. Like he's not quite sure what the do with the ball.

Its a perfectly fine trade off for a player to be poor going forward as long as they're world class defensively. It's what Azpi has been for years. 

At the start of the season, yes however in 2020, he has improved his offensive play massively. He is so physically strong and has improved his crossing and link up play going forward. Bar tonight, as far as I remember all his other assists were genuine brilliant crossing from him.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I still do not rate him

if he wins the FA Cup and the Europa league, then we can start to talk

The thing is... that team he is fielding cost an absolute fortune but nobody is demanding trophies from him. Why?

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

Is Ole finally at the wheel?

Theyve turned a corner from where they were a while back.. if they could turn back that way it would be lovely but seemed to got a run and things suddenly going. If last who knows..but easy on paper anyway run 

21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Comparing Batshuayi to J-League is an insult to the J-League, TBH. 

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

At the start of the season, yes however in 2020, he has improved his offensive play massively. He is so physically strong and has improved his crossing and link up play going forward. Bar tonight, as far as I remember all his other assists were genuine brilliant crossing from him.

It's not just about crossing though it's about genuine link up and all round attacking play. Could AWB be an attacking gamechanger the way Reece was vs Ajax or even Lamptey vs Arsenal? Could he create such attacking chemistry with a winger like Reece does with CHO? I just can't imagine it.

I still do not rate him
if he wins the FA Cup and the Europa league, then we can start to talk
This United team looks solid. Their offense has so much speed, power and creativity. Also their defense looked solid today.

This United team will be a pain in the ass. I hope that they do not sell Pogba because if they can sell him for 100 mio., they will improve their team even more.

Do not forget that Ole made Rashford into a monster. I do not know how Mou could fuck Rashfords talent that much up. Also, Ole realised Martial is a CF. Mou never really understood that

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk