• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Get in, City.

Lol, I can see you're trying hard to spread the positive aura there.

Although some people suggest that our problem is not only in front. I thought if we get a lead striker like Costa, we will be on a new level (rather than our strikers at the moment).

I don't think LB is our problem, Azpi is there this whole season doing very well, the problem maybe lays in backup. Assuming Cole go this summer, if Azpi injured, not so sure about Bertrand for a big game (if he stay).

Agree for the CM though, we need someone like Modric type player, hopefully Van Gikel will be up there next season.

well with all the doom and gloom around here lately a bit of positivity never goes a miss.

Forget about City.Gus Poyet has done a wonderful job at Sunderland.

Sunderland boards really did magnificent job in terms of trusting their manager. Only managed 2 win before christmas. I think their win against Everton at Goodison on boxing day really give boost confidence for them.

Apart from Heysel in 1985 when liverpool supporters killed 39 fans, UEFA also said they were the worst fans in Europe in 2007

http://news.sky.com/story/518093/liverpool-fans-the-worst-in-europe-says-uefa

Interesting to see what happens next season, but anything that does occur will obviously not be their fault

I'm afraid this might be the dead of Premier League as the best league in the world:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/08/premier-league-division-b-teams-fan-commission-greg-dyke-league-three-non-eu-players

I predict a mediocre league in 2022.

I'm afraid this might be the dead of Premier League as the best league in the world:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/08/premier-league-division-b-teams-fan-commission-greg-dyke-league-three-non-eu-players

I predict a mediocre league in 2022.

"A more strictly enforced work permit system that would prevent Premier League sides from having more than two non-EU players."

Are they fucking serious? Just need to have a look at the current best players in the league and we see the likes of Suarez, Aguero, Yaya Toure etc. and then we have a good portion of the Brazilian national team. Without players like these the league would be nothing so we might as well say goodbye to the best European players like Hazard and Van Persie as well.

I would understand the reasoning if they applied that to lower levels like League One where it would be beneficial for English football that most of the players are, in fact, English but when you want to be the best league in Europe you can't disregard world class players just because of their nationality.

"A more strictly enforced work permit system that would prevent Premier League sides from having more than two non-EU players."

Are they fucking serious? Just need to have a look at the current best players in the league and we see the likes of Suarez, Aguero, Yaya Toure etc. and then we have a good portion of the Brazilian national team. Without players like these the league would be nothing so we might as well say goodbye to the best European players like Hazard and Van Persie as well.

I would understand the reasoning if they applied that to lower levels like League One where it would be beneficial for English football that most of the players are, in fact, English but when you want to be the best league in Europe you can't disregard world class players just because of their nationality.

Dyke's plan will never pass

A few people have suggested the premier league's 8-player homegrown squad rule should be enforced with 4 homegrown players (eligible for England) in the starting XI of every club.

At the very least, that would let the English manager have 80 English players to choose from...

and people say we treat managers like shit. Four years as a player and managerial staff of Spurs since 2008,this guy truly does deserve more respect.

"I am doing this job with a lot of uncertainty around my future," he told reporters.

"If you have a supply teacher who comes into your school, sometimes they are not treated with the respect that a headmaster is."

Midfielder Sandro told ESPN Brazil earlier this week that Sherwood was set to leave at the end of the season, and the coach suggested that some of his squad knew more about the situation than he did.

"If I need any information, I am better off asking the players," he added. "Sandro obviously has a knowledge of what is going on. I wish I knew.

"I don't know if the chairman has spoken to Sandro but obviously somebody has told him.

"The players look a lot at the speculation and it begins to be more than that. I have had a lot of players come to me and say to me: 'Our agents have told us you are not going to be here next year.' It's a very difficult situation."