Man United 2-1 Chelsea

It's not just about sulking. It's about moving away from a system where you rely on a striker to be both the goalscorer and the creative force. It's moving away from a system where you have a goal scoring midfielder who no longer creates nor can he control the middle of the pitch. And when those two players can longer to do it over an entire season, the team suffers.

It's not just about rebuilding around Torres, though of course he's a key component. It's about rebuilding a team where you have a midfield comfortable with passing and moving and strikers always on the move and who aren't burden with having to do everything in order to score a goal. If Dalglish (and Clarke) can get Maxi Rodriquez and Kuyt to score hat-tricks, surely Chelsea can play a more dynamic game? Bring in 2 or 3 players who don't play the way Chelsea plays right now and it may be as much as revelation as Suarez has been at Liverpool.

I agree totally, but I don't want to see us splashing around huge sums on players, espcially with the new rules coming into play next year. I hope we can just tweak things a bit - get a few big earners out and bring in a couple of creative players......Intergrate Josh, Sturridge and possibly Kakuta next year........this is going to be the most interesting close season for Chelsea fans since the start of the Roman era......

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree totally, but I don't want to see us splashing around huge sums on players,

That's why I think 2 or 3 key players will do the trick. Perhaps one or two big signings and one or two mid-level signings. Bring back the young loanees, have some of the kids at least make up the squad and train with the first teamers. But it's imperative Chelsea buy at least 1, ideally 2 players who can move the ball forward--quickly, incisively and creatively.

That's why I think 2 or 3 key players will do the trick. Perhaps one or two big signings and one or two mid-level signings. Bring back the young loanees, have some of the kids at least make up the squad and train with the first teamers. But it's imperative Chelsea buy at least 1, ideally 2 players who can move the ball forward--quickly, incisively and creatively.

I think 2 new faces will do the job. The defence is solid. Ramires, Essien or Mikel can hold the midfield. lets get rid of Anelka, Zhikov and Bosingwa to reduce the wage bill.....

I hate Chicharito so much, punching him in the face is one of my biggest wishes in life right now. Same for Ferdinand.

Indeed, he has the face of an annoying 12 year old, his vulgar celebrations and the fact the media worship him make it even worse.

1chicharito1.jpg

Indeed, he has the face of an annoying 12 year old, his vulgar celebrations and the fact the media worship him make it even worse.

1chicharito1.jpg

Plus the prick makes up a name for himself like the other twat Nani. How about we refer to him not as "little pea" but as "little cunt"....

I think 2 new faces will do the job. The defence is solid. Ramires, Essien or Mikel can hold the midfield. lets get rid of Anelka, Zhikov and Bosingwa to reduce the wage bill.....

I agree the defense is solid. When I watch Chelsea I can't quite figure out what the midfield is (or isn't doing). Sometimes it seems there are 3 holding mids with nobody attacking, creating, linking up with the forwards. I think that's one reason you find the forwards dropping back, going wide, because it's the only way they can get involved. Talent like Drogba, Torres, et al shouldn't be required to defend, win the ball, create, and finish all in one series but too often that seems to be the m.o. because the midfield either plays too slowly or isn't involved. That is the biggest area of concern in my feeble little mind.

It annoys me how Jamie Redknapp consistently calls chicarito 'the signing of the century'..... come now..

C'mon now. Even I've learned to take anything Jamie says with a grain of salt and still ignore most of it.

As much as I dislike the little Chicharito cunt he knows how to score goals.

Yes he knows how to score an open goal what is squared to him, he knows how to score a one on one what is played to him, he knows how to header a ball in from a great cross from Valencia or Nani.

He's a good positioner, however he's no amazing striker as everyone calls him, take the assistance away and he will score nothing. He's just the poaching type.

It annoys me how Jamie Redknapp consistently calls chicarito 'the signing of the century'..... come now..

Jamie Redknapp loves Man United, never says a bad word against them. Sometimes it's hard to believe he played for Liverpool.

We should try and lure Valencia towards us.

The amount of precise crosses he's been providing since his return has been outstanding. He's actually taken Nani's position in the first team! Incredible talent.

Yes he knows how to score an open goal what is squared to him, he knows how to score a one on one what is played to him, he knows how to header a ball in from a great cross from Valencia or Nani.

He's a good positioner, however he's no amazing striker as everyone calls him, take the assistance away and he will score nothing. He's just the poaching type.

Sounds like you're describing El nino there. With the right service next season here's hoping.