Man United 2-1 Chelsea

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlo seems to do that 'we'll sign no one' yad ayda every time theres a transfer window anyway..rarely sticks to it

Exactly! He's got prior when it comes to feeding such lines to the media :lol: - It's just to keep them quiet for a few hours

Have we ever played that Badly? Never seen a team choke under pressure as badly as today, besides England when we choked against Ireland to win the Grand slam. So upset Just hope we stick With Carlo we need him and Its just the start of hopefully a long reign incharge. Bring on Lukaku Carlo lol!

Have we ever played that Badly? Never seen a team choke under pressure as badly as today, besides England when we choked against Ireland to win the Grand slam. So upset Just hope we stick With Carlo we need him and Its just the start of hopefully a long reign incharge. Bring on Lukaku Carlo lol!

Liverpool?Arsenal! Heck least we didnt loose 3-1..that game was embrassing!

This is long, but I hope you'll read it:

There's a lot of blame being handed out here for today's loss, but I really can't pin it on today's performance, even if it was piss-poor. The title wasn't lost today, nor would it have been won today. If it is lost, as it certainly seems, it was lost during that 2 months when Chelsea looked as if they had never played together before, when the manager was making poor decisions, and the players didn't look like they could be bothered to give a shit. We fell 15 points off the pace in March and made it back within a game of going top again. During this recent upswing in form I was so guardedly optimistic, because I didn't want to feel let down if the team didn't make it all the way back. Almost better to stay well back and not make this run, getting all of our hopes up. But that isn't what the team did. They fought, and found their form (or something close - I don't think Chelsea has been really in-form since November - Ray Wilkins anyone?) and they made it back toward the top.

As a Yank, I've lived baseball way more than "soccer" and the closest thing to this Chelsea team I can relate to is the NY Yankees when owner George Steinbrenner took way too much control of the team, bought a team full of fantasy league players, and had a dysfunctional mess on his hands for a decade. On paper the team looked great, but in game situations, it just didn't click. Managers came and went like geriatric hookers from Rooney's house, and the results never changed. Similar thing happened to my Baltimore Orioles, who have an overbearing owner who has mired the team in last place for 13 straight seasons after the Orioles were the best team in Major League Baseball for decades. I feel the same thing is happening with Chelsea. The chemistry has been lost from last season and something must be done to fix that, or it will not matter what other players we sign - wins will not come. The revolving door of managers has to be locked. While my wish is that Carlo be retained and allowed to build HIS team, there are 2 managers who could come in that would be exempt from my revolving door clause - Jose and Guus. Having worked at the team before, and with many of these players, neither would cause too great a disruption.

I have only been a Chelsea fan since 2006, so I missed the back-to-back titles and much of Jose's best work. I feel lucky to have found this team, and will go to my grave a supporter. It is always the hardest on the fans when their team doesn't perform - afterall, the players, manager and owner all get loads of money to play a game, and that definitely has to make the sting a little easier to take when they lose. We fans have to PAY to watch these guys, we invest our time, money, and emotions and are left high and dry when our boys lose.

I'm looking forward to next season now, and to see how they come out for the last 2 games. Hopefully some stability can be brought to the club, and along with it, some more League titles and the elusive CL title. Thanks for indulging me - I'd love to hear from the long-time supporters. blue%20scalf.gif

IF carlo will not buy new players,ROMAN will emo8.gif

Whats ridiculous?

'This year arrived some fantastic players, Ramires, David Luiz and Fernando Torres, and I think that this year that was enough. For the future I don't know but I don't think this team needs to have a lot of movement. Now is not the right time,' he said.

doh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gif

Very disapointed. Not by the result, because to be honest, ManUtd is a very confident team at the moment, and didn't expect an easy game. But I'm disapointed by how we played. There was a lack of motivation. It looked like nobody wanted to won the game and the league. On the other hand, you have Utd who wanted to win, and they made us look like schoolboys. They deserved this win and to win the league.

What bothers me, it's that every times we play against a decent team (I'm not sayin Utd are only 'decent', I speak in general) and puts some pressure on our players, we seem clueless and unable to create an opportunity to score. We are terribly lacking of creativity, we should no longer buy defensive-minded midfielder.

Shit today, bottled it. Completely. Can't complain about the ref, lampard handball, Ivanovic should have walked. We were ridiculous today. Shit is an understatement.

Edit: Just to say what the hell were the subs about either, centre back for centre back, defensive mid for same, Left us using one attacking sub.

Luiz was dreadful today, Alex looked so assured, I assumed he wasn't 100% match fit, if he was Carlo should know Luiz is reckless sometimes. He didn't hold the line for the first at all. But leaving us just one option to use out of Yossi,Torres and Anelka, those were the three that needed to come on at half time. Kalou is only good as a sub, but i'm not going to blame him. The team was fucking shocking. Utd deserved champs after truly romping us.

Gutted. The UCL game against them, 2nd leg we conceded 21 seconds after the kick off. Today we conceded 35 seconds after kick off, talk about not learning a lesson! what an embarrassing shower of shit that was in the first half. Today, i realised that Man Utd are a better team, have a better manager and have better players than us. It's sad, it's upsetting, but it's true and we have to deal with it.

They knew their roles, they knew their positions, they believed in themselves and they had so much control it was disgusting to watch, knowing that i was watching a match that my team was so much second best made me sick, one of the worst 90 minutes i've ever sat through.

Things have to change now, no more Lampard playing every minute, no more Essien, Kalou, Malouda, and Mikel making MY team look like a bunch of idiots not having a clue what they are doing and ffs this manager needs to know how to change things when its going shit or just change the manager.

It's ok saying we shouldn't be this close anyway and great effort to the lads for coming back but we fucked everything from November - January and that's the reason why we're here with 2 games to go knowing that we can't win fuck all and realistically we've been here for 4 months knowing we'd win fuck all but only hoping for a monumental Man Utd fuck up that, in truth, was never gonna really happen.

Manchester United have more bottle, more character, better players, players that fit their positions, a better manager and a true home fortress. Congrats to them, DESERVED winners of the title.

We need changes, serious changes. We were lucky against West Ham, Tottenham and Stoke and we were lucky against Utd too at home and even Bolton at home. Quite amazing that we're 2nd because we've been SHIT this season.

I love Chelsea more than anything and i hope to god that we change things and recruit some quality in the summer because this season has been hard to take to be honest. In a normal season we'd be 5th at best.

Anelka, Kalou, Malouda, Mikel and Bosingwa aint fit to wear the shirt. Essien and Lampard will never be the same due to injuries suffered in the past. We need to ditch the shit now because, with Man City and Tottenham becoming a bigger force, we won't even finish top 6 at this rate. 8 defeats? It's unacceptable

Edited by OllieCFC

LDN you have over 6000 posts on this forum and you have not even been around here for 1 year yet thats brilliant. I think its an absolute insult that your not a legend yet. OFF TOPIC I KNOW LOL !

LDN you have over 6000 posts on this forum and you have not even been around here for 1 year yet thats brilliant. I think its an absolute insult that your not a legend yet. OFF TOPIC I KNOW LOL !

There will be more legends come end of season. ;)

Now back on topic please. :chai:

LMAO thank you Badboy.. Just happy to make this forum what it is. Appreciate the shout out :tiphat:

Gutted. The UCL game against them, 2nd leg we conceded 21 seconds after the kick off. Today we conceded 35 seconds after kick off, talk about not learning a lesson! what an embarrassing shower of shit that was in the first half. Today, i realised that Man Utd are a better team, have a better manager and have better players than us. It's sad, it's upsetting, but it's true and we have to deal with it.

They knew their roles, they knew their positions, they believed in themselves and they had so much control it was disgusting to watch, knowing that i was watching a match that my team was so much second best made me sick, one of the worst 90 minutes i've ever sat through.

Things have to change now, no more Lampard playing every minute, no more Essien, Kalou, Malouda, and Mikel making MY team look like a bunch of idiots not having a clue what they are doing and ffs this manager needs to know how to change things when its going shit or just change the manager.

:goodpost:

How many game this season have we started off second pace to our opponents? I remember the loss to Sunderland very distinctively. They were on the offensive before us, and we never settled and that was at SB! The place we went 86 unbeaten, turned into their ground!

Like you're saying, our players took all their years of experience and threw it out the window. Complacency cost us a lot.