Man United 2-1 Chelsea

No we don't. He was fucking terrible for the most part of last season and the season before.

At least you could see in every game how he was fighting until the last seconds and how he was giving his all for the team, unlike most of the players seem to do now. Even though knowing that he and the team was going to fail, he always went out fighting and believing. He was great on the pitch.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you could see in every game how he was fighting until the last seconds and how he was giving his all for the team, unlike most of the players seem to do now. Even though knowing that he and the team was going to fail, he always went out fighting and believing. He was great on the pitch.

Disagree. If you sum up Ballacks Chelsea career, it was hugely disappointing based on what he had done prior to arriving. That first season for us he was awful, he did improve the longer he was with us but on the whole he was poor.

Chelsea fans are the best body language experts. :D

I am not an expert, I am just giving my opinion on a player which put a lot of effort in for his club during his 4 years at the club.

I'm talking in general. Last week Kalou was sulking because he wasn't playing enough.

Yes he was trying but wasn't that good.

I'm talking in general. Last week Kalou was sulking because he wasn't playing enough.

Yes he was trying but wasn't that good.

A quote tells who the post is directed at. You quoted my post, so don't quote my posts if you wish to talk in general in the future.

Comparing Kalou with Ballack is laughable. I hardly see Kalou fighting or trying, he is so weak and loses the ball so easy, it's embarrassing. I would perform better, I'd at least look and pass to Drogba, Malouda or Torres, rather than do none. He never manages to beat opponents one v one successfully and he doesn't pass either, which means that he gives the ball away straight away and gives the chance to the opposition to counter attack, which United did most of the game.

Some things can be seen through the naked eye, you don't need a telescope or binoculars to see them. And you don't have to be a body language expert either.

A quote tells who the post is directed at. You quoted my post, so don't quote my posts if you wish to talk in general in the future.

Comparing Kalou with Ballack is laughable. I hardly see Kalou fighting or trying, he is so weak and loses the ball so easy, it's embarrassing. I would perform better, I'd at least look and pass to Drogba, Malouda or Torres, rather than do none. He never manages to beat opponents one v one successfully and he doesn't pass either, which means that he gives the ball away straight away and gives the chance to the opposition to counter attack, which United did most of the game.

Some things can be seen through the naked eye, you don't need a telescope or binoculars to see them. And you don't have to be a body language expert either.

Read again, I wasn't comparing Kalou with Ballack. Don't know why would I do that.

You don't hear what they speak on the pitch, you don't read their minds, so you are watching their body language.

Read again, I wasn't comparing Kalou with Ballack. Don't know why would I do that.

You don't hear what they speak on the pitch, you don't read their minds, so you are watching their body language.

You're wrong. I don't watch their body language, I watch their performance on the pitch. Their aggression, the pressure they put on the opponent, how much they run, how much they try for the team. How much they attempt to cross, pass to their team mates etc. It's what a footballer should do, try. And not give up. Our boys gave up before the game even started on Sunday. If they did give their best we would never concede in the first minute. You have to play well from the first minute until the last, not wake up and start running from the 60th minute until the 85th, and then perform poor again.

Disagree. If you sum up Ballacks Chelsea career, it was hugely disappointing based on what he had done prior to arriving. That first season for us he was awful, he did improve the longer he was with us but on the whole he was poor.

Part of the reason Ballack was poor in his early days was due to the fact he was played out of position to accommodate Lampard. Contrary to what I've read on here, Ballack was superb for us last season, especially in the last 20 or so games when he played in the holding role position because Mikel got injured, Essien was already crocked, Ballack then took over & was terrific. It's no coincidence that our midfield have been shite this season & that's partly due to Ballack's departure, we have missed him without question.

Releasing Ballack was the right decision.

Replacing him with Yossi Benayoun &/or Ramires was not.

It was absolutely & categorically the wrong decision to let Ballack go, our performances from midfield this season back that up, only Ramires comes out with any credit this season. He wanted to stay, take a pay cut & when players feel something for the club they will give you that bit extra.

If we actually gave Ballack a chance in Lampard's position sometimes we may have seen better from him but unfortunetley he was played out of position for his entire Chelsea career because Lampard took priority.

Hope we're not saying the same about Torres in a couple of years...

It was absolutely & categorically the wrong decision to let Ballack go, our performances from midfield this season back that up, only Ramires comes out with any credit this season. He wanted to stay, take a pay cut & when players feel something for the club they will give you that bit extra.

I don't agree.

He was on the wrong side of 30, what was the point of extending a contract? We're not going to offer a 33-year old a contract when we're trying to keep our wage list & all this financial aspects down. It was a logical step to release players who were at the end of their contracts.

We could've signed a suitable replacement for him. A younger, attacking, playmaker. We chose otherwise, such a shame..

If we actually gave Ballack a chance in Lampard's position sometimes we may have seen better from him but unfortunetley he was played out of position for his entire Chelsea career because Lampard took priority.

I agree fella, but to be fair it was a difficult one because Frank has been superb in that position over the years but I think if Frank had a long term injury in Ballack's tenure then we would definitely of seen a more productive Ballack.