Man United 2-1 Chelsea

Yep, average midfield all season and was severely exposed today by a good but not great Man United. Swap Torres for Hernandez and Man U still would have won. The first goal was a gimme and he really should have had a brace today. Do you recall Hernandez doing anything else today but be on the receiving end of some fantastic chances? Was he coming back for the ball? Collecting the ball deep and dribbling through the defense? Going wide, beating a man or two or crossing it in? Setting up chances for his midfield?

I don't. But that's what Drogba and Torres have to do. Torres isn't at his best playing this way. I know, I'm a broken record....

+1 one of the best things i've seen been said today.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the game, unfortunately.

Gutted, of course but I'm sort of relieved it happened:

1) given the season we've had, second place is very good, with very I mean very very very good.

2) Manchester United deserves it more (can't believe I just typed that, I guess today it's excusable)

3) opens our eyes that we need to make changes in the squad, we've had this core for too long - perhaps it's time to part ways and think about the club rather than moral issues, fading star names. I don't want to be negative and unjust but we've had it coming for a long time. Our wingers can offer no width what so ever, our strikers are old or out of form or both, hiding behing things like an injury, even malaria, is not accaptable - perhaps if you're not 100%, allow others to play. I'm sure the likes of Sturridge and Borini would have taken a lot of experience and motivation out of it. Whatever happens - KEEP ANCELOTTI. I can assure you that even Mourinho can't dribble for Malouda. The likes of Malouda, Anelka, Bosingwa, perhaps even Drogba are still with us thanks to their services from past times, not because they're great at the moment. We shouldn't sell half the squad but 3-4 changes and Sturridge wouldn't hurt, it'll do us good.

So cheer up everyone and enjoy the fact that we're still second, Arsenal lost (high five Ollie), summer is almost here aswell!

Watching today reminds me of my damn Lakers. A team with unquestionable talent, a team with a history of recent championships, a team struggling to hit all cylinders. A team where if they don't win it all this season then there are going to be some painful off-season discussions. The owner spends the money willingly for championships, not second place, or just a playoff appearance. If your ultimate goal is to be crowned champions sentiment and loyalty sometimes need to take a back seat to the final goal.

Fingers crossed Lakers don't get swept. Then it's just a sh*t sports day EXCEPT Liverpool aren't happy. That's always good.

I was so gutted being at the game. Was so hard to keep singing when everyone was so down but we kept going. Shattered is an understatment but im proud of the lads to get a 15 point lead back to 3. It was always going to be difficult to win at Old Trafford.

I was so gutted being at the game. Was so hard to keep singing when everyone was so down but we kept going. Shattered is an understatment but im proud of the lads to get a 15 point lead back to 3. It was always going to be difficult to win at Old Trafford.

The whole forum was so proud of all of you inside the stadium. To hear Chelsea Champions singing for so many minutes, when we were 2-0 down. Bloody brilliant blue%20scalf.gif

Great Job Steve! emo5.gif

Forgetting about his goal against united that even put us within touching distance of the title? A draw wouldn't even of been enough today.

And his goal vs City not to forget.

Asked whether he feels the squad needs rejuvenating, Ancelotti pointed to recent purchases to suggest the balance is right.

'This year arrived some fantastic players, Ramires, David Luiz and Fernando Torres, and I think that this year that was enough. For the future I don't know but I don't think this team needs to have a lot of movement. Now is not the right time,' he said.

Oh dear god.

MOVEMENT is exactly what Chelsea needs. Movement of players in and out of the squad. Movement on the pitch. Positive movement of the ball. Staying pat with this team, this style of play isn't the way forward, Ancelotti. Torres was a huge investment and it turns out he can't play with this team. So the solution to this significant matter is to not move on it?

No amount of pre-season training is going to change him from being an out and out center forward who likes to run onto low altitude passes and into space. Pairing him up with midfielders who can't pass or create but who run into the box to clog up space doesn't work now and it won't in 2011-12 either.

Disappointed in Carlo tbh:

'This year arrived some fantastic players, Ramires, David Luiz and Fernando Torres, and I think that this year that was enough. For the future I don't know but I don't think this team needs to have a lot of movement. Now is not the right time,' he said.

If this summer isn't the right time to clean things up, when is it?

When Roman over powers Carlo to sign players

:rolleyes:

Oh dear god.

MOVEMENT is exactly what Chelsea needs. Movement of players in and out of the squad. Movement on the pitch. Positive movement of the ball. Staying pat with this team, this style of play isn't the way forward, Ancelotti. Torres was a huge investment and it turns out he can't play with this team. So the solution to this significant matter is to not move on it?

No amount of pre-season training is going to change him from being an out and out center forward who likes to run onto low altitude passes and into space. Pairing him up with midfielders who can't pass or create but who run into the box to clog up space doesn't work now and it won't in 2011-12 either.

So he should have said we'll sign Sanchez for 25m, Pastore for 20m, Mata for 22m ...?

No, but maybe he shouldn't have said that no movement was needed. Did I expect him to give names and transfer fees? No. How about saying that the issue will be addressed over the summer, just like every team needs to be re-evaluated after a season is done?

Carlo is spot on, we dont need an overhaul, we need a few strategic buys that would liven the squad up. Sturridge for attacking part, a creative midfielder and a winger, only 2 players. We might have lost but trust your manager, trust your players and most of all - trust your team.