Man United 2-1 Chelsea

Sounds like you're describing El nino there. With the right service next season here's hoping.

I wouldn't say that, Torres scores easy goals, but so has Thierry Henry, but both of the players have dribbled past players, scored a great long range goal, and has been pure class many times. Unfortunately Torres hasn't done very well this season, same for last season. Though at the end of the day you don't need those things to be a striker.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hernandez is pure poacher and has been fantastic. Look at Inzaghi, pure poacher, the guy barely looked like he had any football skills. But what a great career.

Torres is much more skilled and more than a poacher but at the end of the day he's a center forward and he is dependent on service. He's not a 2nd striker type, he will very rarely bring the ball up from deep, go on a mazy run and score. That's Robby Baggio, not Fernando Torres. At his best, Torres is very good at close control in the box and scoring some great short run goals. Haven't really seen that in a long time unfortunately. I think as he gets older he'll have to rely more on positioning and becoming more like a poacher. For whatever reason his finishing this year has been very poor. But we all know that he can be a wonderful finisher.

Like I wrote earlier, if Hernandez and Torres had switched teams on Sunday, Man U would have still won. You think Hernandez would score 19 with the way Chelsea services its strikers?

I wouldn't say that, Torres scores easy goals, but so has Thierry Henry, but both of the players have dribbled past players, scored a great long range goal, and has been pure class many times. Unfortunately Torres hasn't done very well this season, same for last season. Though at the end of the day you don't need those things to be a striker.

I disagreed with that last part--Torres' last season was marred by injury after injury and he still managed 22 goals in 32 games. That rate is only slightly lower than Drogba's strike rate last season. Pretty impressive for an injury-riddled player on a Liverpool team that finished 7th compared to a player having a career season for a doubles-winning team.

I disagreed with that last part--Torres' last season was marred by injury after injury and he still managed 22 goals in 32 games. That rate is only slightly lower than Drogba's strike rate last season. Pretty impressive for an injury-riddled player on a Liverpool team that finished 7th compared to a player having a career season for a doubles-winning team.

I suppose, but he's been buggered with injuries i know that, they still reckon he needs rest because of his knee injury i think it was. But i don't think there was a huge difference, January is a hard time to come though, he can still score one we get the assistance up and running, he's not a baby he can play besides someone and still score.

Yeh sodding scored against us in his first propar game Community Shield and all...jammy goal but still!

My first visit to Wembley and it had to be for that sh*t.

(..England didn't help when I went back to see them play France :rant: )

My first visit to Wembley and it had to be for that sh*t.

(..England didn't help when I went back to see them play France :rant: )

Hahahaha!!! Jynx :P

My trip werent much better,saw them loose and then some bloke had a go at me for swearing after Rooney scored..kinda eh bloody cheek!!!!

Hahahaha!!! Jynx :P

My trip werent much better,saw them loose and then some bloke had a go at me for swearing after Rooney scored..kinda eh bloody cheek!!!!

:lol: I bet the same c*nt booed his ass off back in October too :whistling:

:lol: I bet the same c*nt booed his ass off back in October too :whistling:

Hahaha probably! Seriously though Rooney is a little shit and giving it the all in front of our fans and your mena sit there lalallala.Some times it just slips out...more then once in my case with that game hahah but still!! And he left early..kinda ah your one of those fans!

Went West Brom the few after and it was kinda his is more like it! Shouty fans and all not sitting there going 'oh look its Rooney whoe just gone and sodding scored against us...lets smile and look happy!'

It was very bad times!!!

Still cracks me up that as we were going out,so were Man U fans kinda eh how quick did they do the medals and trophies?Matter of seconds by the amount that were leaving.Know its only a Chairty thing but trophies a trophy

Still cracks me up that as we were going out,so were Man U fans kinda eh how quick did they do the medals and trophies?Matter of seconds by the amount that were leaving.Know its only a Chairty thing but trophies a trophy

LMAO exactly!

It's not like they were trying to beat traffic, most of them are based in Wembley as it is :Goober:

LMAO exactly!

It's not like they were trying to beat traffic, most of them are based in Wembley as it is :Goober:

Exactly!!! And if needed to get the train they'll wouldnt have got very far anyway seeing as you hit a queue pretty quick.Was really bizzare.If it was one or two understand but there were loads...

Exactly!!! And if needed to get the train they'll wouldnt have got very far anyway seeing as you hit a queue pretty quick.Was really bizzare.If it was one or two understand but there were loads...

Difference between our fans though..

We'll stay and celebrate (like the year before!) and just have a good time with the celebrating fans. They'll be on the way to the exits thinking about "what's for dinner?"

Yes he knows how to score an open goal what is squared to him, he knows how to score a one on one what is played to him, he knows how to header a ball in from a great cross from Valencia or Nani.

He's a good positioner, however he's no amazing striker as everyone calls him, take the assistance away and he will score nothing. He's just the poaching type.

You do need good movement for that and not everyone has it :unsure:.

He is just another type of striker with a different talent, you don't always need a striker who ll turn,who ll dribble past defenders,who ll always win headers etc.. what you need from a striker is goals. They ultimately decide the outcome of the game. :tophat:

I do feel jealous of them getting him so cheap :mouthclosed:

And yeah, most of all I see hunger in him, hunger to get on the end of those crosses even at the 90th minute :fainthv9:

You do need good movement for that and not everyone has it :unsure:.

He is just another type of striker with a different talent, you don't always need a striker who ll turn,who ll dribble past defenders,who ll always win headers etc.. what you need from a striker is goals. They ultimately decide the outcome of the game. :tophat:

I do feel jealous of them getting him so cheap :mouthclosed:

And yeah, most of all I see hunger in him, hunger to get on the end of those crosses even at the 90th minute :fainthv9:

I said in my other post you don't need to have to dribble through strikers and score top corners to be a striker. He's a good positioner, however take away the assistance and he's nothing, that's what i'm pointing out. He's no amazing striker, but Drogba has scored 11 without good assistance. And we all know he's scored some great goals this season.