Man United 2-1 Chelsea

I can't decide who was our worst player today but it was between Kalou and Lampard.

We know Kalou is simply a horribel footballer and shouldn't be at Chelsea.

Well, Kalou's contribution, especially in the first half, was practically NIL! As for Lampard, there was just no drive from him, absolutely no drive

Oh, and I'll tell you something else as well, United's hand-ball block from Torres' effort was waved off by Howard Webb if anyone noticed!!

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems pointless don't it :lol:

I'm just not letting Luiz take the blame for this result, wasn't just him who had a bad game.

You're definitely right.

It's all good blaming someone for conceding goals. But more blame is on the people who are supposed to create, but didn't. My finger's pointed at Lampard, Essien & co.

I get so angry when Carlo plays a non exsistant midfield. For gawds sake. Bring on Ray and Alex and we had a game. Shame ManUre had the momentum by then.

Keep it flying... BlueFlag.jpg

im not saying they werent. im saying luiz was the worst today.

Read what LDN said. You can't single out Luiz for "costing us the title" the whole team needs to perform well & together as a unit. They failed to do that.

You're definitely right.

It's all good blaming someone for conceding goals. But more blame is on the people who are supposed to create, but didn't. My finger's pointed at Lampard, Essien & co.

Exactly. Failing to create - Failing to score - Failing to win - Failing to win the title.

What a weird game. Thought players would be up for it but they weren't. Carlo seemed to have more intensity on the sideline than players on the field did. Watching Carlo walk off the field at half he looked absolutely and rightfully pissed.

Defense seemed off kilter today. Was it Terry's back or whatever was bothering him? Was it Luiz' enthusiasm and mistake? Was it the constant pressure they were under because the midfield was absolute sh*t today?

The midfield couldn't win a ball, couldn't shut down or disrupt United's attack, and couldn't provide any half way decent service for anybody. Hernandez wouldn't have scored diddly if he'd been playing for Chelsea with that piss-poor service. Lampard may have scored a goal but that shouldn't gloss over the fact he was nowhere to be found for large portions of the game.

Ugly performance all the way around.

Only idiots will blame this loss solely on Luiz. Even if Luiz doesn't make that mistake we were comprehensively beaten today. Give me a break. Throwing a guy under the bus like that is pathetic from us and from Carlo, way to kill any confidence he had.

Oh, and I'll tell you something else as well, United's hand-ball block from Torres' effort was waved off by Howard Webb if anyone noticed!!

Because Webb had already blown the whistle because of Alex's attacking faul on Vidic. And if we are talking about hand-balls, we got pretty lucky, as Lampard clearly blocked Valencia's cross. We cannot complaint about the referee, we should start by ourselves.

You have to give a lot of credit to Luiz since he's joined the club! His first performances were fantastic, his tackles are always fantasticly timed, and the ability to drive forward and have a shot at goal shows great determination and courage.

Some fans however, see one performance from him that's out of tune, and they start slagging him off, as if he's no good. What because he gifted Dickarito the chance to score?? Give me a break, that's plastic supporting in my opinion. People who support the club through thick and thin back and support the players whatever mistake they make, and however bad it was.

David Luiz is Chelsea's future, and rightly so.... mistakes can only make a player better because you learn from them!!

You have to give a lot of credit to Luiz since he's joined the club! His first performances were fantastic, his tackles are always fantasticly timed, and the ability to drive forward and have a shot at goal shows great determination and courage.

Some fans however, see one performance from him that's out of tune, and they start slagging him off, as if he's no good. What because he gifted Dickarito the chance to score?? Give me a break, that's plastic supporting in my opinion. People who support the club through thick and thin back and support the players whatever mistake they make, and however bad it was.

David Luiz is Chelsea's future, and rightly so.... mistakes can only make a player better because you learn from them!!

Exactly!! And yes he gave Little Shit the chance to score...in the 56th second!!! How he be blamed for the way the rest of the game went its crazy

And he's making well kinda making less crazy dodgy tackles..

Has Lampard been a CM for most or all of his career? Then why is Giggs, old as dirt and a converted CM, outplaying him while thinking about "yoga"?

The spine of the team was iffy today. Cech was Cech thank God combined with some sloppy United finishing or it could have been worse. Terry is a warrior but it hurt to watch him hobbling around. Luiz made a mistake, every player does, he's still a fantastic young talent to be excited about. Mikel was trying to play the role of 3 midfielders because the other two were shit. The forwards were lost hoping, waiting, looking for a ball that was never coming.

What a weird game. Thought players would be up for it but they weren't. Carlo seemed to have more intensity on the sideline than players on the field did. Watching Carlo walk off the field at half he looked absolutely and rightfully pissed.

Defense seemed off kilter today. Was it Terry's back or whatever was bothering him? Was it Luiz' enthusiasm and mistake? Was it the constant pressure they were under because the midfield was absolute sh*t today?

The midfield couldn't win a ball, couldn't shut down or disrupt United's attack, and couldn't provide any half way decent service for anybody. Hernandez wouldn't have scored diddly if he'd been playing for Chelsea with that piss-poor service. Lampard may have scored a goal but that shouldn't gloss over the fact he was nowhere to be found for large portions of the game.

Ugly performance all the way around.

Yep, average midfield all season and was severely exposed today by a good but not great Man United. Swap Torres for Hernandez and Man U still would have won. The first goal was a gimme and he really should have had a brace today. Do you recall Hernandez doing anything else today but be on the receiving end of some fantastic chances? Was he coming back for the ball? Collecting the ball deep and dribbling through the defense? Going wide, beating a man or two or crossing it in? Setting up chances for his midfield?

I don't. But that's what Drogba and Torres have to do. Torres isn't at his best playing this way. I know, I'm a broken record....

Exactly!! And yes he gave Little Shit the chance to score...in the 56th second!!! How he be blamed for the way the rest of the game went its crazy

And he's making well kinda making less crazy dodgy tackles..

As Martin Tyler said after the goal had been scored, David Luiz isn't perfect. You are going to have times where those types of players make a mistake like that. To slag them off because of that one mistake is plastic supporting, and it shouldn't be tolerated!

Only idiots will blame this loss solely on Luiz. Even if Luiz doesn't make that mistake we were comprehensively beaten today. Give me a break. Throwing a guy under the bus like that is pathetic from us and from Carlo, way to kill any confidence he had.

I agree there, i was very surprised when he done that, how he just went. 'Alex get warming up' so early in the game, that's not the Carlo we know, this game was very important for him that's for sure. Nevermind though, but so what it's a mistake, did we do anything about it?, no. So how you can blame Luiz for the match and the even the Title!, is beyond me. I know if i made a mistake like that and the manager said right your going off, it would kill my confidence. I don't even think i would make a tackle again. I've never backheeled the ball again, ever since the my coach told me i will not play next game if i do it, he saw it as u have to be very lucky for it to work, which even now i never backheel. Hope this doesn't effect Luiz.

Defender David Luiz was culpable as Hernandez burst through to open the scoring and was substituted at half-time after receiving angry looks from Ancelotti.

But Chelsea's manager was more conciliatory after the game, as he said of the centre-back: "He had a little (injury) problem yesterday in training, we tried this morning and he said it was okay so I put him on the pitch.

"On the pitch, you can make a mistake."