Nuri Sahin

Ye I thought the early comments were perfectly logical, good points with a well backed up argument including quotes and a video. I'm not sure why there was such a crazy reaction to it. Anyway, I agree, Sahin is one for the future at Madrid, Khedira/Granero/Lass are totally different players to Alonso and Sahin, Sahin's involvement in the team has nothing to do with Khedira, Lass or Granero. He is definitely one for the future at Madrid, hopefully we see him play a bit more next season.

I am not sure but didn't this whole Sahin leaving Madrid started because of Modric being linked to Real? I think it is fair to doubt Sahin future at Madrid if Modric arrives.

I don't see why we are discussing Sahin in the first place, if he is leaving Madrid he is not coming to Chelsea. I don't think there was interest in Sahin a year ago either when he was Bundesliga player of the year, why would there be interest this time around?

Sahin would be a good addition, so is someone like Ever Banega(huge fan) but pointless to discuss since we are not linked. Even more pointless when it is the reason for a 2 page idiotic back and forth.

Sahin and Javi Martinez will be the future of Madrid's central midfield imo

Isn't Javi Martinez close to signing with Bayern?

Urrutia is not selling Martinez to Real, more likely Levy selling Modric to us.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to let this stay on topic!

Hasn't he only recently signed for Madrid, like a year ago or something? Surely there are only a few reasons why we would be linked to him: 1) he's been in exceptional form and ticks all the boxes that we need 2) he has had injury, after injury, and has lost sight in the large battle for Madrid eleven 3) he's not been able to meet the high expectations and Madrid are look for an easy buck, which we and Citeh are prime suckers for!

Plainly put his injuries at the start of the season inhibited his ability to have a successful season, then speculation occurs but i see things a certain way backed up by facts. I have no reason to think he is in danger of leaving, so that's that.

Modric is nothing but a rumor, and i kind of doubt it will happen, hes like a better granero, im just not sure. And anyways modric wouldnt compete with sahin, i already explained this, Sahin is a DLP, i havent watched enough of modric but i assume that he could serve as a cm to compliment alonso, like granero does but in a world class form ( granero has liabilities in attack and defense but is overall quite good), Sahin Modric could be a possibility, and it could even serve sahin well, as the stronger midfield could give him more time and chances to play ahead of alonso.

Atheltic Bilbao really doesnt want to sell to us. We'd have to pay the 40 million clause, and they arent willing to negotiate so that the clause isnt activated ( we wouldnt have to pay taxes).

Toure

M'vila

Modric

theres a whole lot of possible midfield options and i can assure you mourinho is looking at them, as lass will be leaving and will leave the nessecary spot, we cant let a midfielder go without bringing in a new tool into the tool box.

Only way i can imagine bilbao negotiating with madrid is by an honest plead from martinez. Its easier for man city or bayern to get him than barca and specially madrid.

That would be a fantastic potential partnership in my opinion.

Could be similar to the Alonso - Mascherano pairing at Liverpool a few years back.

Although The Madrid may be annoying, how does that justify a ban?

Also why're certain 'old' member here now saying they're leaving? it's getting rather annoying, just leave if you want no need to announce it.

Trying to attract attention ala Justin? :Goober:

Thanks for understanding mate, i came out reasonably well with logical statements, but the childish and comical statements and reactions by more than 5 or 6 people made me turn on THE TMO FACTOR, and it resulted in ownage.

I recommend in future instances for those who dont like what i say, to just ignore me, or as i repeatedly said, deal with it.

I can understand where you coming from.

At the beginning a lot of people hated me here, because I was very neutral with opinions.

Even though I love Chelsea, I always tend to stay neutral in most of my opinion and tell the truth like it us.

Thus end up being labeled as an Arsenal fan, City Fan, Barcelona Fan, PSG fan, etc etc. (Although I did troll once in a while, and I will take stick for that.)

So for me I don't mind you having different ideas then most people here. I love it, so keep it coming! blue%20scalf.gif

But if you get hated by Henrique, then you will be hated by me! :D

Trying to attract attention ala Justin? :Goober:

I can understand where you coming from.

At the beginning a lot of people hated me here, because I was very neutral with opinions.

Even though I love Chelsea, I always tend to stay neutral in most of my opinion and tell the truth like it us.

Thus end up being labeled as an Arsenal fan, City Fan, Barcelona Fan, PSG fan, etc etc. (Although I did troll once in a while, and I will take stick for that.)

So for me I don't mind you having different ideas then most people here. I love it, so keep it coming! blue%20scalf.gif

But if you get hated by Henrique, then you will be hated by me! :D

ill be stallone, you be russel :D :D :D

if modric prefers real madrid, then nuri sahin is ideal for us. first of all he is a double pivot. we play a 4 2 3 1, we have mikel/essien/romeu as a screen and either one of lampard/sahin as the deep lying playmakers.

then in the advanced positions- ramires, mata, hazard, marin, benayoun, debruyne, malouda to play ahead supporting torres/sturridge/lukaku

win win situation.

if modric prefers real madrid, then nuri sahin is ideal for us. first of all he is a double pivot. we play a 4 2 3 1, we have mikel/essien/romeu as a screen and either one of lampard/sahin as the deep lying playmakers.

then in the advanced positions- ramires, mata, hazard, marin, benayoun, debruyne, malouda to play ahead supporting torres/sturridge/lukaku

win win situation.

I don't think Essien will be here for long.

Plainly put his injuries at the start of the season inhibited his ability to have a successful season, then speculation occurs but i see things a certain way backed up by facts. I have no reason to think he is in danger of leaving, so that's that.

Modric is nothing but a rumor, and i kind of doubt it will happen, hes like a better granero, im just not sure. And anyways modric wouldnt compete with sahin, i already explained this, Sahin is a DLP, i havent watched enough of modric but i assume that he could serve as a cm to compliment alonso, like granero does but in a world class form ( granero has liabilities in attack and defense but is overall quite good), Sahin Modric could be a possibility, and it could even serve sahin well, as the stronger midfield could give him more time and chances to play ahead of alonso.

modric is world class. he is comparable to xavi and pirlo. sahin is a playmaker but he's not nearly as good particularly when on the ball.

• 1 month later...

I think Spurs are still in for him though. Nothing is confirmed. I really don't want him to strengthen one of our rivals. Although If I had to pick yes I'd prefer he went to Arsenal. They need a top quality Striker and a defender more than Sahin so he won't strengthen them TOO much.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/8/2/3214079/chelsea-fc-nuri-sahin-loan

Very good article here on why we should get Sahin on loan.

Even if we can only have him for a season, it would certainly solve the short term problem we have in the double pivot.

http://www.weaintgot...nuri-sahin-loan

Very good article here on why we should get Sahin on loan.

Even if we can only have him for a season, it would certainly solve the short term problem we have in the double pivot.

The summer he went to Real I really wanted us to try signing him. He was the best midfielder in the Bundesliga back then and at 10m he would have been a bargain, if we signed him!

Why not try to get him now as the writer states in the article? A loan move and maybe a buy clause set at about 18-20m?