Nuri Sahin

The summer he went to Real I really wanted us to try signing him. He was the best midfielder in the Bundesliga back then and at 10m he would have been a bargain, if we signed him!

Why not try to get him now as the writer states in the article? A loan move and maybe a buy clause set at about 18-20m?

That would be perfect, but even if we can't get the option to buy in the loan agreement, ill sleep easier knowing he was around for the double pivot role for this season, then next summer we can sort out that area of the pitch permanently.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be perfect, but even if we can't get the option to buy in the loan agreement, ill sleep easier knowing he was around for the double pivot role.

Yep, at least we would have someone who is made for that position as a DLP. Plus it would give us time to sort things out and see if we can start converting Oscar (dunno if that's the real plan?!) or look out for other options. Either way it would help us a lot, with and without a buy clause!

Deep lying playmaker isn't the problem, the actual defensive midfielder is imo. Not that Mikel isn't good enough just for playing open attacking football we need a more mobile player who actually is more effective at tackling and interceptions than Mikel is. Maybe Sahin could be deployed next to Mikel or whoever plays the more defensive role but I can see Lamps doing that next season and then if his contracts renewed maybe the season after?

Think Sahin has been robbed the edge that u need to get the chance in that Real Madrid Team by the injury he had in the early stages of last season. He generally is injury prone. His other porblem is he is maybe physically and defensviely a bit inferior to Lass, Khedira and Xabi Alonso, also because he is way younger then any of those. Anyway, in terms of ability and potential he is superior to all of them bar Xabi Alonso.

Sahin is simply made for the slick, intricate passing we intend to play next season, has a lovely left food, can swiftly fit in in every position in a a midfield 3 or double pivot. In his last Bundesliga season he outshone Bastian Schweinsteiger by lightyears' distance.

Would absolutely love to see him here but can't see it happening before we get rid of Essien or Meireles.

He was one of my favourite players in the world during the time he was at Dortmund.

I got a boner whenever I saw him in the starting line-up.

I will literally put a sock over my penis and jizz into that bad boy if we sign him at any point in the future!